3930k C2 news?

I'm going crazy here, 20th was the supposed date and its the 25th now, as soon as i can buy a c2 stepping I'm pulling the trigger on all the other stuff like mobo/ram/cpu cooler. My q6600 is amazing but its come time to upgrade to sata III, ddr3 ram, usb 3.0 among other things and the waiting game is driving me crazy, checking newegg all the time for when they get any processors in, checking several threads including this one for information. Can't wait :D.
 
Ya thats why i haven't picked one up off amazon. That link is for someone that is selling off of amazon "The price pros", but Amazon's prices are $690, $90 more? thats highway robbery and i hope no one has to pay that price. Not to mention those are most likely c1 steppings.
 
Also pass. I thought about ordering from provantage earlier when they were in stock but decided to fuck it since those were $625 + shipping or some damn thing.
 
@P4rD0nM3 - you know that for sure? I just ordered one from One Price Pros on Amazon, thinking they had to be C2. I did call prior twice but both reps were clueless. Sent an email as well to which they haven't replied. They haven't shipped it yet but I'll let you know when I get it. Unless I cancel in the mean time (I will if they reply that they're C1 or you guys tell me you have definitive info). Thanks.
 
Its more than likely, they're overpriced and have been on sale from them for a while.
 
Difficult to say you won't get the new C2 stepping from Price Pro's but I find it difficult to believe they could get ahold of several before other major retailers have had any stock.
 
Alright Intel this waiting game for stock is starting to get old. You launch a new processor and then it goes out of stock for going on a month and a half now shortly after launch. You expect that from AMD but not from a chip supplier the size of Intel. I can't imagine Intel's partners are very happy right now after releasing all these X79 motherboards and Quad Channel memory kits and the one SB-E processor people would be willing to spend the cash on has been in limited supply or unavailable since it was released.
 
Last edited:
Great example of you always want what you can't have right here, heh.

Ya, but burningrave101 has an absolute valid point. X79 MOBO's are prolific.. the socket 2011 CPU's that you'll need to use one.. no so much. :p
 
I cancelled my order with The Price pros, they hadn't shipped by today but they could tell me on email that the stock (if they indeed had any) was from 2011 so most likely C1.
 
Good news!!! The OEM (tray) versions of the C2 steppings are now showing on Intel's site. Hopefully they will be showing the box versions soon. However, they still show the C1 steppings of the tray version as still being active.
 
Couldn't wait anymore, this shortage has been holding up my water cooling project for a month now so I pulled the trigger on a 3960x. I'm sure I'll hate myself for doing it in the morning... Damn you intel, you win again :mad:
 
Couldn't wait anymore, this shortage has been holding up my water cooling project for a month now so I pulled the trigger on a 3960x. I'm sure I'll hate myself for doing it in the morning... Damn you intel, you win again :mad:

Hahaha. There's some 3930ks out there now you know.
 
Hahaha. There's some 3930ks out there now you know.

I've been checking this religiously -- just went through every site on pricegrabber.com, but did not see a single listing that said "available now." Do you have a link other than ebay? I'd be thrilled if I could buy one at a reasonable price.
 
You're in the US right? I don't think there's right now. CPU and the DCUII 7970's are the only ones I'm waiting for now.
 
Yeah. I'll probably just wait another week or two and see how this situation develops. If Intel shows no signs of getting these chips out by then, I will say "fuck it" and buy a 2600K :p Fortunately, I'm in the "I don't need this right this second" boat so I don't have any particular desire to drop the requisite $$$ on a 3960X. :)
 
I'm really hoping something shows up in the next 2 days, Could i buy a 3960x? Yes, but it doesnt seem practical a this point as its gonna be a c1 anyway.
 
Will Microcenter carry these? If so and they have them at the usual discount I'm going to move to one. It's really hard to resist six cores...should be able to hit 5ghz on my cooling setup.
 
MC has carried the 3930K but is out of stock at most retailers now waiting on the c2 stepping.

There's no discount at Micro center for the 3930K or the 3960X even when buying it with a mobo, as far as I know. The 3930K is 599.99 + tax at MC and its 599.99 + Shipping at Newegg or whenever they decide to to stock it. So the only benefit right now would be that you could get it as soon as they stock it at microcenter but you might end up paying a bit more because tax is more than the cost of shipping.
 
MC has carried the 3930K but is out of stock at most retailers now waiting on the c2 stepping.

There's no discount at Micro center for the 3930K or the 3960X even when buying it with a mobo, as far as I know. The 3930K is 599.99 + tax at MC and its 599.99 + Shipping at Newegg or whenever they decide to to stock it. So the only benefit right now would be that you could get it as soon as they stock it at microcenter but you might end up paying a bit more because tax is more than the cost of shipping.

Newegg has free shipping but they've been forcing you to buy a combo on the 3930k. I don't know if they will continue doing that once they receive C2 stock or not though.
 
Well, managed to pull off a nice trade with a Geek Squad local, mt current 2x 580's (replaced by a pair of 7950's) and $250 cash for a 3960x he bought from their supplier. Not sure of C1 or C2 stepping until its in my hands tommorow but it came in to the store yesterday from intel distribution so im hoping for a c2, honestly its fine since those cards would just go to someone cheap anyway and he plans on folding with them so hey, double whammy!
 
Is Intel having problems with their 6 cores now or what is up with them?

I've seen this thread for a month or 2...hmm looks like their missing out on selling their 6 core affordable chips to people.

2 bad I guess all that money and engineering and they still have probs.
 
Yeah it's been a couple of months. I don't know about your last sentence...seems like a flame bait.
 
I havent heard of any problems, but it seems like Intel is focusing is manufacturing capability on the higher volume SKU's and not on the SB-E's thus there is a shortage of them.
 
The Xeon versions should also be coming soon so I wonder if that's part of the delay to make sure there are enough of those to go around. They definately couldn't release those without VT-d working correctly. :)
 
Other than fixing virtualization, are there any other benefits to C2 or C1?

Likely not -- but hard to say at this point since apparently very few have seen one. The VT-D fix is the only one Intel claims they made.
 
IntelEnthusiast followed up with me about the availability of the 3930k this morning. He said more stock should start hitting the online retailers in WW07. The supply constraints should also end around the same time and from his previous reply I believe that also means the K-series SB SKUs that are OOS everywhere now.
 
Other than fixing virtualization, are there any other benefits to C2 or C1?

They have said that VT-d on a specific document off their ark site that VT-d is the only change "to the customer", but that doesn't mean other optimization haven't been made or anything of that nature just that VT-d has been fixed and retailers should note that. They have worded it in such a way that its hard to tell.
 
have had a rampage 4 extreme sitting here since dec. i should of pulled the trigger last time they were in stock at new egg.
 
Just got my 3960x from newegg and it's a C2. Makes me even more suspicious about the 3930k C2's being MIA everywhere.
 
Back
Top