3080 Ti EVGA Notify Queue

29F679C6-3C6E-4FC2-A9FE-CD5C02F80FA1.jpeg

Looks like there were a few people with notifies in the 7:30's so the servers weren't completely down at that time. Interesting.

Looks like there were a few people with notifies in the 7:30's so the servers weren't completely down at that time. Interesting.

The notification times are all PDT, and supposedly, the "Elite" queue opened at 6:00 AM PDT.

That was basically an hour and a half of shitshow before they figured it out.

The notification times are all PDT, and supposedly, the "Elite" queue opened at 6:00 AM PDT.

That was basically an hour and a half of shitshow before they figured it out.

Yes I know, I'm referencing the fact that before today there hadn't been any reports of people getting a notify between 7:30 AM PDT and 7:40 AM PDT but there were a number before and after those times. So the popular theory is they rebooted the servers and that nobody got a notify during that window which a few did apparently.

Yes I know, I'm referencing the fact that before today there hadn't been any reports of people getting a notify between 7:30 AM PDT and 7:40 AM PDT but there were a number before and after those times. So the popular theory is they rebooted the servers and that nobody got a notify during that window which a few did apparently.
was probably down to latency at that point, and being able to click that split second quicker than someone further away.

All I know is that I don't have time to sit there for 2 hours while EVGA wastes my time. I gave it an hour, and they didn't have their shit sorted out. I ended up getting something like 8:30 because I was on the road after that.

So essentially EVGA's bullshit means that I probably will never get a card from the queue, or at least I'm several months behind where I should be given the fact that I was prepared, signed in, and ready to go at 6 AM.

All I know is that I don't have time to sit there for 2 hours while EVGA wastes my time. I gave it an hour, and they didn't have their shit sorted out. I ended up getting something like 8:30 because I was on the road after that.

So essentially EVGA's bullshit means that I probably will never get a card from the queue, or at least I'm several months behind where I should be given the fact that I was prepared, signed in, and ready to go at 6 AM.
Right now, I'm like "WTF knows if I ever get my card off the EVGA waitlist." And with the colossal amounts of BS around Amazon and the other stores, and EBay, I used to figure that the EVGA waitlist was my safety net. No more.There is no safety net, and either I empty my wallet, or I wait who knows how long. Maybe both. Meanwhile the dealers and Ebay sellers are making money like the drug cartels.

After I finally got notification requests in for the cards last Thursday I switched over and kept trying to get a step-up request in from my 3070 to the 3080Ti, just to cover all my bases. I've never done a step-up before, and just wasn't sure how my queue time or EVGA's stock situation would shake out (when would they actually allocate and begin to address step-ups?). I received the step-up request confirmation email from EVGA at 8:15 pacific time. Today I got a "step 2" email saying that my step-up request has "completed the queue process". Not sure what that means in terms of approval though, but seems like they just need to review my invoice.

I'm lucky enough to have one of the 40% coupon codes, so I'd much rather use that to buy a 3080Ti and then sell the 3070, rather than turn the 3070 into a 3080Ti since it ends up being about the same cost (~$900) either way. So if this step-up goes through this week I'll probably cancel and try my luck in the normal queue. Depends on how quickly the queue gets out of the 7:30's.

But if anyone else tried for a step-up, it looks like there's movement on that front as well.

After I finally got notification requests in for the cards last Thursday I switched over and kept trying to get a step-up request in from my 3070 to the 3080Ti, just to cover all my bases. I've never done a step-up before, and just wasn't sure how my queue time or EVGA's stock situation would shake out (when would they actually allocate and begin to address step-ups?). I received the step-up request confirmation email from EVGA at 8:15 pacific time. Today I got a "step 2" email saying that my step-up request has "completed the queue process". Not sure what that means in terms of approval though, but seems like they just need to review my invoice.

I'm lucky enough to have one of the 40% coupon codes, so I'd much rather use that to buy a 3080Ti and then sell the 3070, rather than turn the 3070 into a 3080Ti since it ends up being about the same cost (~$900) either way. So if this step-up goes through this week I'll probably cancel and try my luck in the normal queue. Depends on how quickly the queue gets out of the 7:30's.

But if anyone else tried for a step-up, it looks like there's movement on that front as well.
hate to tell you, but the elite coupons are not applicable to step ups.

hate to tell you, but the elite coupons are not applicable to step ups.
Thanks, I was aware of that (it still sucks though). My choices, depending on timing, is either go through with the step-up or hope my queue time pops this month and use the coupon to buy a card that way. I spun the wheel early and my 90 days expires next month.

Thanks, I was aware of that (it still sucks though). My choices, depending on timing, is either go through with the step-up or hope my queue time pops this month and use the coupon to buy a card that way. I spun the wheel early and my 90 days expires next month.
ah, I didn't realize the coupons expired. Let us know what you end up doing.

Well, that was quick. Step-up is approved and I have 7 days to decide what to do before it expires.

It was a PITA to get in the queue. I had other work to do at my desk so I kept refreshing. Managed to get the air cooled FTW3. Should be here Thursday. First time I won the F5 battle on their queue.

I've got a notify for the HC at 7:46:55. Who knows when they'll get to that. HC are all limited supply.

It was a PITA to get in the queue. I had other work to do at my desk so I kept refreshing. Managed to get the air cooled FTW3. Should be here Thursday. First time I won the F5 battle on their queue.

I've got a notify for the HC at 7:46:55. Who knows when they'll get to that. HC are all limited supply.
I would think they limited the hc queue, so if you got in, it probably won't be that long. Few weeks I'd guess if you are near the end.

I would think they limited the hc queue, so if you got in, it probably won't be that long. Few weeks I'd guess if you are near the end.
It was open a long time just like the 3090 FTW3 HC was back in April. I'm 18 sec away in that queue. They've never dropped a single card since the initial drop when it opened.

I'm almost 10 minutes out on the 3080ti HC right now.

Doesn't matter. I'll just put the air cooled card in a block. There are better blocks than the HC anyway.

It was open a long time just like the 3090 FTW3 HC was back in April. I'm 18 sec away in that queue. They've never dropped a single card since the initial drop when it opened.

I'm almost 10 minutes out on the 3080ti HC right now.

Doesn't matter. I'll just put the air cooled card in a block. There are better blocks than the HC anyway.
not sure what info you have, I didn't get into either HC queues, but I know someone who got their hydrocopper 3090 allocation on like june 1st or 2nd.

edit: woops I'm stupid. those were kingpins.

not sure what info you have, I didn't get into either HC queues, but I know someone who got their hydrocopper 3090 allocation on like june 1st or 2nd.

edit: woops I'm stupid. those were kingpins.
Yea they did limit the KP HC queue like you said. Server crapped on me and just errored out when I hit submit on that one. Queue was only open like 20 sec.

You have already entered for a notify on the following date/time: 6/3/2021 7:53:42 AM.

ETA on this one? :D

im in the same boat man...

I'm 4 minutes out for the RTX 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra Hybrid and I've been there since Friday.

The queues reached 7:20 AM+ on launch day, they were 7:40 AM+ on Monday. No one (or barely anyone) was able to register from 6:00 thru 7:20 AM.
EVGA blazes through the FTW3 queues, if that's what you signed up for. If you signed up on launch morning you will have a card by the end of June.

The queues reached 7:20 AM+ on launch day, they were 7:40 AM+ on Monday. No one (or barely anyone) was able to register from 6:00 thru 7:20 AM.
EVGA blazes through the FTW3 queues, if that's what you signed up for. If you signed up on launch morning you will have a card by the end of June.
They did 6 minutes of queue this morning when I looked. I’m an 825ish number, if things keep up maybe I’ll see one by September.

There's usually only one big drop a week as they don't get shipments in every day. I'd imagine this week will mostly go to 3070 ti's on Thursday but you might get lucky and see some more 3080 ti's. The rest of the week you are usually just seeing smaller drops and stragglers that people didn't claim from the day before.

I'm at 7:42 so should get it in the next pop.
Will then spin the wheel to decide if I actually buy it or not.

I'm at 7:42 so should get it in the next pop.
Will then spin the wheel to decide if I actually buy it or not.
Best of luck on your spin. I don't need a 3080Ti. Was fine with my 3070, but can't say no to that 40% off coupon. 3080Ti for the price of a 3080. And hopefully a ticket to skipping the next few generations of cards.

Oh, and I used your affiliate code mnewxcv! Thanks for putting these Ti threads together.

Best of luck on your spin. I don't need a 3080Ti. Was fine with my 3070, but can't say no to that 40% off coupon. 3080Ti for the price of a 3080. And hopefully a ticket to skipping the next few generations of cards.

Oh, and I used your affiliate code mnewxcv! Thanks for putting these Ti threads together.
Thanks a ton. And congrats on your card, 40% off is amazing, enjoy your 3080ti! Sure beats a Newegg shuffle bundle with a psu you'll never use.

Back