$300 BFG GTS512!

Same here, label printed & BFG notification generated but not scanned in by UPS yet. Also located in Indiana. I've resigned myself to the reality that it probably won't be here till after xMas but no complaints. :) Woot!!! Looking forward to my 1st SLI experience.:cool: Now I finally feel comfortable in canceling my Dell order.

Wow, the Hoosiers are representing in this thread..3 now.

Rutrow, whereabouts are you from?

Dang, I just had to switch internet providers the day this deal comes on. I actually did have an order for the MSI from Dell and would definitely have jumped on this deal. I shouldn't have called Tuesday morning to have my internet cut off for installation of cable. :(

Congrats to those of you who got in on this, and fark those of you who ordered them to resell.

Ah! am i the only unlucky one here? i live in cali and my shipping estimate is 12/27!!!! :( well atleast i know its shipped. Im still happy, but who knows, maybe ups will suprise me on christmas eve..

Wow, the Hoosiers are representing in this thread..3 now.
Rutrow, whereabouts are you from?
The big city. ;) (Indianapolis)

Yes we could have just carpooled over the state border(Illinois) and picked these cards up in person.. :) I'm sure we would have all had plenty techie chat to share that would have made the trip seem quick.. :p And we'd all be viewing beautiful graphics before the weekend even started.

Shipment in the UPS system but still no credit card debit (it'd be fine with me if they forgot that part :D )

Ah! am i the only unlucky one here? i live in cali and my shipping estimate is 12/27!!!! :( well atleast i know its shipped. Im still happy, but who knows, maybe ups will suprise me on christmas eve..

Same date as me for Cali....Just be happy we didn't have to pay tax. Thats a hard one with online retailers for us Californians.

Same date as me for Cali....Just be happy we didn't have to pay tax. Thats a hard one with online retailers for us Californians.

hah! i know rite? and when we order LCDS we have to pay for some recyling fee thats like 10$!!

Mine is coming from IL, so it's showing expected delivery of Friday to West Lafayette.

Mine is coming from IL, so it's showing expected delivery of Friday to West Lafayette.

Hehe...I beat ya...=)
no matters.

Anywho, I'm uninstalling ATI drivers for the last time, before I shut her down and install the 8800GTS 512mb from BFG, I'm stoked...I started out as an Nvidia guy, with a 6800GT and then on to 7800GT and SLI 7800GT's, and this ATI setup..meh, I'm over it.

You sending me Crysis Blahman? I don't own it

Just use 3DMark06 or some demanding game. First thing I'm going to do when I get a new card is try out Oblivion again. :D Both to see how high temperatures and noise get, and see just how much more performance I'm getting.

7800GT days..

Which are still here for me...hopefully not too much longer now. What did you use in between your 7800GT and your new, shiny 8800GTS 512?

Just use 3DMark06 or some demanding game. First thing I'm going to do when I get a new card is try out Oblivion again. :D Both to see how high temperatures and noise get, and see just how much more performance I'm getting.

Which are still here for me...hopefully not too much longer now. What did you use in between your 7800GT and your new, shiny 8800GTS 512?

Here's my history:

AGP
ATI X300 (came in compy)
PNY 6800GT (unlocked all pipes!) First actual card I bought, for $35!!!
MSI 7800GT
ATI X1900XTX on release day
Later on added the ATI X1900 Crossfire Master card
Added another MSI 7800GT to the other rig for some SLI action in the womans rig

Now, BFG 8800GTS 512MB OC !

I know what benchies to run brotha, I was just giving him a hard time..lol

How the hell do I see the temps on this thing?

Nice :D

I use nvTempLogger, though I'm not sure if it works with the 8800 series or not. You can have it running in the background saving the temperature logs to disk.

Yea, that ATI X1900 setup lasted 2 years...well, next month would be the 2 year mark for the card I bought on release day.

Going to sell my 7800gt's and the Crossfire Master as the XTX is going into the womans rig so she can play her Desparate Housewives game. For some reason theres an issue with SLI and having an Audigy 2 or something..Oh well, she'll be happy, that's what matters

wow.. already
LOS ANGELES,
CA, US 12/21/2007 8:43 A.M. IN TRANSIT TO
HODGKINS,
IL, US 12/21/2007 10:42 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
12/21/2007 3:11 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
NORTHBROOK,
IL, US 12/21/2007 2:28 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
NORTHBROOK,
IL, US 12/20/2007 7:16 P.M. ORIGIN SCAN
US 12/20/2007 6:29 P.M. BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

received e-mail confirmation 22hrs ago through g-mail;; ups ground
over night shipping? o.o

*edit* nm.. Scheduled Delivery: 12/28/2007
but why? x.x its in L.A already

Well, she's idling about 60C and after an hour or CSSource (I know, it's not that taxing, but everything obviously maxed @ 1920x1080 resolution) looks beautiful, and about a 72C load temp..

How's that?

brin, install Rivatuner, run it, dbl click its tray icon to open it, go into hardware monitoring, enable background monitoring (big red button), goto plugins, enable ADT7473.dll to show fan speed, setup GPU temp and fan speed to be displayed in the OSD and tray icon if you want, run the statistics server, and run your benchmarks/games.

as for crysis, the SP demo has benchmarks you can run :eek:

edit: meant to post this hours ago, lol but still rivatuner > all

wow.. already
LOS ANGELES,
CA, US 12/21/2007 8:43 A.M. IN TRANSIT TO
HODGKINS,
IL, US 12/21/2007 10:42 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
12/21/2007 3:11 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
NORTHBROOK,
IL, US 12/21/2007 2:28 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
NORTHBROOK,
IL, US 12/20/2007 7:16 P.M. ORIGIN SCAN
US 12/20/2007 6:29 P.M. BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

received e-mail confirmation 22hrs ago through g-mail;; ups ground
over night shipping? o.o

*edit* nm.. Scheduled Delivery: 12/28/2007
but why? x.x its in L.A already

It is in transit to LA, hasn't arrived yet. It departed HODGKINS today at 10:42A.M. so it'll most likely take a few days to get here.

oh well, the doubleshaft isn't as bad as I thought it would be :p

I 'spose I'll wait for Dell to ship the card. It's been bumped back 2x already. XFX ordered 11/28 now to ship 1/3/08. Aside from not purchasing anything from them again I guess there's not much any of us can do to Dell. Although it is illegal in my state....I'd love to order this elsewhere. I hate the thought of giving these douchebags my cash.

At the very least they should get bad press over it.

Not bad, especially compared to 8800 GT temperatures. Is the fan nice and quiet?

This thing is extremely quiet IMHO...Compared to my X1900's, this thing is silent..LOL

brin, install Rivatuner, run it, dbl click its tray icon to open it, go into hardware monitoring, enable background monitoring (big red button), goto plugins, enable ADT7473.dll to show fan speed, setup GPU temp and fan speed to be displayed in the OSD and tray icon if you want, run the statistics server, and run your benchmarks/games.

as for crysis, the SP demo has benchmarks you can run :eek:

edit: meant to post this hours ago, lol but still rivatuner > all

Try this here in a bit..
I just installed nTune to get the temps though...It's been years since I played with RivaTuner..haha

Edit:
Blah, that screenie above is the only thing I have...I see nowhere for "Hardware Monitoring" or anything that I'm used to.

Idling @ 55C atm

did you figure out how to get into hardware monitoring?

under Target Adapter click the little arrow next to "customize". HW monitoring is the last symbol on the list.

did you figure out how to get into hardware monitoring?

under Target Adapter click the little arrow next to "customize". HW monitoring is the last symbol on the list.

Nope, all I have is "Reload Display Driver" as the last one..Must not be supported yet

You know I think I read something about that... here is the workaround: http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=246531

also, make sure you're clicking the arrow in the "Target Adapter" section, not the "Driver settings" section.

Blah, where the heck do I find the .cfg file? LOL

Man, all I've done for teh past 2 years is play games, I haven't tweaked anything...lol

And, yes, I'm in the "Target Adapter" box, there's only four selections that come up..

lol should be wherever you installed rivatuner.

probably in program files... (x86 for 64-bit OS)

well heck, mine didn't make in to work (ups) so I'll get it delivered Monday, was really looking to have some fun this weekend. The kids will be my fun instead pc..

lol should be wherever you installed rivatuner.

probably in program files... (x86 for 64-bit OS)

Fixed last night..Went to a friends and played Rock Band all night instead of benching..running 06 right now.

Wow...

Not the results I was expecting from 3DMark06...

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm06=4307976

I haven't cranked my CPU up to 3ghz again yet. (It hit 334x9 on the DFI CFX3200), so I have some playing to do.

Now, with the X1900XTX Crossfire setup I hit a max of 10,151 with CPU @ 334x9...3ghz.

So, it looks like this CPU is a major Bottleneck for this card

That CPU score is pretty low, and yeah its probably holding back the SM2 and SM3 scores as well. I get about 11,500-12,000 with an E6750 @ stock and EVGA 8800GT SSC 512MB (700/1725/2000). At 3.4GHz that turns into almost 13k.

Also make sure you're running a clean environment, end unnecessary tasks and services. This makes a huge difference in Vista especially.

Also make sure Vsync is off and Texture Filtering-Quality is set to High Performance in the NVIDIA drivers. I'm not sure if 3dmark06 sets those manually but I know it made a difference in 05.

Back