$300 BFG GTS512!

That CPU score is pretty low, and yeah its probably holding back the SM2 and SM3 scores as well. I get about 11,500-12,000 with an E6750 and EVGA 8800GT SSC 512MB (700/1725/2000). At 3.4GHz that turns into almost 13k.

Also make sure you're running a clean environment, end unnecessary tasks and services. This makes a huge difference in Vista especially.

Yea, I did...maybe I still had the 3D settings maxed in drivers, but I thought I selected a new profile, though there is no "Apply" button for that..Check over in the Nvidia forum at my thread there...I'll be updating from now on there.

Package Progress
Location Date Local Time Description
SAN FRANCISCO,
CA, US 12/22/2007 1:28 A.M. IN TRANSIT TO
HODGKINS,
IL, US 12/22/2007 3:27 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
HODGKINS,
IL, US 12/20/2007 10:20 P.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
NORTHBROOK,
IL, US 12/20/2007 9:39 P.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
12/20/2007 7:12 P.M. ORIGIN SCAN
US 12/20/2007 6:29 P.M. BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

aww ups kept my card at NORTHBROOK for over 1 day!

aww ups kept my card at NORTHBROOK for over 1 day!

One thing I like better about FedEx. UPS will artificially slow down a package if necessary to get there on the exact day scheduled, while FedEx can sometimes, if you're lucky, deliver it a day early. Though even FedEx might not do that as much during the holiday rush.

One thing I like better about FedEx. UPS will artificially slow down a package if necessary to get there on the exact day scheduled, while FedEx can sometimes, if you're lucky, deliver it a day early. Though even FedEx might not do that as much during the holiday rush.

not true! i order pc parts left and right from ups, and i have gotten parts that come in 1-2 days early.

I think you got mixed up...It's usually the other way around.

I think you got mixed up...It's usually the other way around.

Maybe it's just where I'm located. I've received FedEx packages one day early a good amount, but after NewEgg switched to UPS for their cheapo shipping, nada. I speak of personal experience here.

Where I am Fed ex and DHL both deliver early quite often but UPS is pretty much the day it is scheduled for. I think it is just more where you are at and which driver gets your package. DHL had a ground package to me from frys in 2 days a couple weeks ago.
So far this card is kicking some serious ass.......... getting just under 13000 in 3d06 with my e6400 @ 3120

Well mine was delivered yesterday, with no issues at all to the box. When I opened the box, the card was in the static bag like normal, but I saw something I didn't like. The static bag had 2 yellow stickers on it and 1 was already torn. The second was over the top of that one.

Thinking nothing about it, I opened the card, put it in my Asus P5K Deluxe, and fired it up. It worked no problem for about 6 hours. Then it blacked out. I tried to reboot and got the evil news.

BEEEEEEEEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP.

No VGA. So I popped open the box, validated the connections, and tried it again.

BEEEEEEEEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP.

Not to be thwarted, I put the card in another computer. This one had my trusty old 7900GT in it. Well.... Same thing, NO DICE!

Well back in the box it is, and I am sitting here like a sad panda. No gaming on 8800 goodness for me on Christmas, or on my christmas holiday for that matter. I am out till the beginning of the year, but I am stuck with a broken card. Even an RMA will take longer than my vacation.

This was not a good experience. Hopefully BFG can get me a new card quickly, but since this is my first BFG card (always a EVGA guy) I am not impressed currently.

I just got off the phone with the BFGtech Service center guy, and it looks like my initial assumption is correct. I have a dead card. Oh and it gets better, there is a 2 WEEK TURNAROUND . I would go buy a new card and do a return on this one, bu there is a 15% restocking fee! Good going BFG, I appreciate the nice price, but I don't appreciate your service, especially on Christmas. They should have a credit card based immediate shipping of a new card option.

aww man that blows... still got to wait till Thurday for mine unless UPS decides it wants to be nice and get it here tomorrow.

I just got off the phone with the BFGtech Service center guy, and it looks like my initial assumption is correct. I have a dead card. Oh and it gets better, there is a 2 WEEK TURNAROUND . I would go buy a new card and do a return on this one, bu there is a 15% restocking fee! Good going BFG, I appreciate the nice price, but I don't appreciate your service, especially on Christmas. They should have a credit card based immediate shipping of a new card option.

That sucks, but stuff like that happens in the world of tech. I don't live in the U.S. and have to send stuff internationally quite often, I have had countless parts under lifetime warranty die on me, only to not be able to do anything, because it's not worth it. International shipping + customs/duties on any item, be it replacement or not.

Well, there's a BFG rep that lurks the forum that offered to help me on an RMA on a long dead 6800 GT, Jeff.Kozlowski. Send him a PM, I'm sure he can help.

Someone please tell me what i should do. I bought this card for $310 after shipping. I'm selling my current 640mb for $250. Is it worth the $60 upgrade? Or should i just get a GT and? Sell this card? I play at 1440x900. Either way i'm gonna end up getting a g9 series, but not right when they come out, maybe when the prices drop.

I would base that decision on what games you are currently playing and how much the performance gap is from your current card to this one. Especially with the 9 series supposedly coming in mid Feb. If you plan to wait a year before going to the 9 then maybe. Also are you having any luck moving your old GTS when ppl can get a faster 8800GT for the same price new?

I'm making a jump from an old 6800 128MB AGP card to this so for me its a no brainer. If I was you I would wait.

I would base that decision on what games you are currently playing and how much the performance gap is from your current card to this one. Especially with the 9 series supposedly coming in mid Feb. If you plan to wait a year before going to the 9 then maybe. Also are you having any luck moving your old GTS when ppl can get a faster 8800GT for the same price new?

I'm making a jump from an old 6800 128MB AGP card to this so for me its a no brainer. If I was you I would wait.

I'm playing all the latest games like crysis and cod4, etc. I can't really find a good comparison benchmark between my 640 and the new 512. I Don't plan on waiting a year to get a new G9 card, but probably a few monthes. But Yeah i have a few people pending for my GTS.

Received the card today:)
After reinstalling the driver, I overclocked the core and memory to the same setting I had on the eVGA 8800GTS 512, then ran the Crysis timedemo. The BFG actually ran about 5C cooler than eVGA. eVGA is going back to a local Fry's tomorrow.;)

Back