30 inch and up thread! Post Pics of your huge displays!

People usually use the Dell 20' non-widescreen version..

I had never seen a 20/30/20 with a 20' widescreen one.. Perhaps you should try it.. :)

DSC_0232.jpg

What monitor are you using in portrait mode? Trying to figure out what works in a vertical orientation properly.

If uniformity is important to you, then non wide screen 20" is perfect.

Case in point, my Dell 2007FP (note FP and not WFP), has almost the exact physical height as the Dell 3007WFP.

The Dell 2007FP has 1600x1200 resolution which when turned into portrait will have the same vertical resolution as the 2560x1600 30" screens.

Last but not least they both have the same dot pitch, so fonts all look the same across the 3 screens.

Just so that you dont misunderstand me, these were the reasons for my choice of side panels.

I am not saying the Dell 2007FP is a better LCD or recommending it over other 20" or any other monitor.

Having said that I am very happy with my choice. for portrait monitors for the above reasons, and becasue they have worked flawlessly.

Oh yeah, the Dell 2007FP do NOT have the exact color as the 2007WFP-HC eventhough they are the same generation. You have to "tweek" it to make it look the same.

Hope this helps.

Wait, in the shot above at the top of this page, those arent WFPs? They look like it, but hey, I'll take your word for it if not.

I'll pick up a 20" non-widescreen then :)

I was going to wait for the new DELL 2009W to go down in price and get 2 of them, in portrait mode.. The NON-Widescreen model is much more expensive and its specs seem outdated..

What do you guys think of a 20/30/30/20 setup with a 20' Widescreen??

I find that portrait mode doesn't work well because of the bad font rendering. Cleartype assumes normal orientation of the panel.

I was going to wait for the new DELL 2009W to go down in price and get 2 of them, in portrait mode.. The NON-Widescreen model is much more expensive and its specs seem outdated..

IIRC the 2009W is a TN screen. I have no problem with TN (typing on one now) in landscape, but they are garbage in Potrait mode IMO. The worse possible viewing angle problem you can create is to use a TN screen in portrait mode. That (TN) is the reason they are so much cheaper, that and wide screens use less pane area and pixels l than the 4:3 version.

I would rather have one 2007FP than the two 2009W screens. I know it looks all cool and symetrical to have a triple with two wings, but you actaully get about 95% of the multi-screen benefit with two screens. A third sceen is deep into diminishing returns.

FYI,

the setup I posted is a dell 3007WFPHC, and 2x 2007WFPS. :) Now if only monitor stands didn't cost a fortune.....

It's only for one monitor. I think you're talking about the tri mount, those are expensive, especially for the 30".

FYI,

the setup I posted is a dell 3007WFPHC, and 2x 2007WFPS. :) Now if only monitor stands didn't cost a fortune.....

I can see that from your SIG.. :)

IIRC the 2009W is a TN screen. I have no problem with TN (typing on one now) in landscape, but they are garbage in Potrait mode IMO. The worse possible viewing angle problem you can create is to use a TN screen in portrait mode. That (TN) is the reason they are so much cheaper, that and wide screens use less pane area and pixels l than the 4:3 version.

I would rather have one 2007FP than the two 2009W screens. I know it looks all cool and symetrical to have a triple with two wings, but you actaully get about 95% of the multi-screen benefit with two screens. A third sceen is deep into diminishing returns.

I am a Forex Trader.. With my current setup I still find some lack of screen real estate.. Thx for the info.. This makes me want to grab another 30' more instead of the 2009W.. :)

Yep exactly what I want to save desk space :(

Same here.. :(

A shrine for all those huge displays we love to own!

here is mine first!

how it used to be :( had to sell a 30 incher and I miss it

Hey, so you have had the luxury of being able to try dual 30's and 20-30-20 ... I was wondering what you actually prefer if price is not a factor?

Thanks

dammit i found a 3007wfp-hc for sale for $850 and now im contemplating selling my 2405fpw to get it. although i prefer two 2405fpw, having 2560x1600 of goodness is too tempting. damn you hard forum and damn you whoever started this thread! :)

Wow, some nice setups in this thread. Mine is nothing special, but I'm proud of it.

monitorswf7.jpg

monitorssidekn5.jpg

monitorstoptc7.jpg

Sorry for the big pics, but if you're viewing from a 30" or bigger display that shouldn't be a problem, lol. The main monitor is Gateway's 30" XHD3000. The little guy on the left is their 24" FHD2400. I love them both, not sure how I ever lived without them. :D

Awesome setup, Frak!

That "Abandoned" desktop background looks great. Do you noticed any lag, blur, fuzziness on your XHD3000 when you watch DVDs, videos, TV, etc.?

Haha Frak, your setup is SO nice!

I actually sold both of my FHD 2400's and got a single xhd 3000 to replace them w/...your setup had a little influence, since I may add a new FHD 2401 later down the rd. for dedicated 360 use.

Can't wait to post up the pics, the viewing angles and gaming on a 30" is jaw dropping ;)

omg i need $1200 bux lol

I feel the same way.

If I had less self control, I would put one display on my credit card now.

I just keep telling myself that I wouldn't like a display that huge. I don't care if its not true, the day I find out I like a display that huge is the day I'm 1000 dollar poorer.

Plus, with a 22" widescreen and 19" 4x3, I have more monitor real estate than 99% of all people, so I guess thats enough. . . . for now.

50" Pioneer Kuro plasma vs. 24" Sony GDM-FW900 CRT, displaying Alice for PC.

50Plasma_vs_24CRT.jpg

Hey, so you have had the luxury of being able to try dual 30's and 20-30-20 ... I was wondering what you actually prefer if price is not a factor?

Thanks

I would go for the dual 30 inchers for sure....

more real estate etc..

however.. I do like looking straight forward to one monitor but that is mostly because my desk is setup in such a way that looking from side to side all the time is annoying.. you may not find this to be the case.. I like the dual 30 inchers better when I had an L shaped desk

just got a new toy.. sony 32 inch xbr6.. going to be used for gaming...

my camera makes the picture really blue for some reason.. or i just can't take pictures

in the back is my dell 3007wfp-hc and two 2007fps

enjoy!

DSC00145.jpg

DSC00144.jpg

Back