290/290x availability thread

I've had no issue with ShopBLT but I only order items that are in stock. They've always shipped next day.

Several 290x at mwave.com in the 700 range

I just bought my 290 the other day for $399 + tax at Akihabara in Japan.

NO! NO! NO! - Those don't work in America, They use a different kind of electricity! Just kidding, LOL, At least I hope so. How are they shipping?

Well..................I just got notification that the second card I ordered will NOT be shipping on time. So either they are allocating cards to 1 per person or they did not get as many as they were expecting and have orders for. So that is good and bad news. If the cards are being allocated by AMAZON then it is bad news for those of us that just want to run crossfire for our high resolution gaming. It is also bad news for those that are mining. Good news for those just that want a single card and the allocation shows that Amazon is trying to do the right thing by stretching the inventory to let everybody have a shot at getting the card.

If they are NOT allocating then it just shows the high demand.(which we already knew). Had I purchased them both at the same time rather than 4 days apart I would have the real answer.

CRAZINESS, I just got notification they will be shipping me a card and I will be getting it tomorrow.....

I called Amazon yesterday and asked a lot of questions about their shipping policies. They apologized for running out of stock and asked if they could upgrade my shipping to next day(on their dime) when they got some more in. I have PRIME anyway but I said yes. Then this afternoon a card shows up on my text as being shipped. Gotta love it!!!

Amazon just sent me this email:

Hello,

We now have delivery date(s) for the order you placed on January 22, 2014 (Order# 002-3898284-4297010):

"Sapphire Radeon R9 290 4GB GDDR5 DUAL DVI-D/HDMI/DP TRI-X OC Version PCI-Express Graphics Card 11227-00-40G"
Estimated arrival date: March 04, 2014

WOOT WOOT

Amazon just sent me this email:

Hello,

We now have delivery date(s) for the order you placed on January 22, 2014 (Order# 002-3898284-4297010):

"Sapphire Radeon R9 290 4GB GDDR5 DUAL DVI-D/HDMI/DP TRI-X OC Version PCI-Express Graphics Card 11227-00-40G"

WOOT WOOT

Congrats!!! - ENJOY

Boom! ... finally!

Glad this one is actually going to ship unlike the last MSI I ordered from Amazon.

ShopBLT showed 1 ASUS 290x in stock for 603 just now. Took a chance and placed the order, lets see what happens!

Really sucks though. I'd planned to get two 290x's for MSRP. But the value is just not there at the current prices. Honestly looks like I'll be forced to make my first green team purchase.

I planned on 2x 290 or 290x setup to replace my aging cards. I should have bit when they were MSRP. My hope now is for a 790 or Vesuvius (right when it hits buy at msrp) as i dont want a bit more memory then the stock green cards have.

Really sucks though. I'd planned to get two 290x's for MSRP. But the value is just not there at the current prices. Honestly looks like I'll be forced to make my first green team purchase.

My Asus DirectCUII R9-290X I ordered from Amazon on Feb 1, confirmed last Thursday, and shipped Friday has arrived (Tuesday local time) and is sitting on my desk waiting to be installed. $US603 (including delivery to Australia). Woohoo.

Just so that people know, the asshattery of NewEgg does NOT need to be put up with!

Thanks Amazon.

I had ordered the MSI one for $469 before I came to my senses. I live in a damn desert in West Texas, too much heat for me to deal with. I need to find some more 270 or 270x's as they are easy to manage the heat with.

I got 2 290s that run way too hot. Gotta keep my side panel off and a fan on it. I might just get a single 290x and call it a day.

Thank goodness your on top of it. Free shipping and newegg pricing can be a ballbuster.

It's the availability thread. He is correct, the price is down $20 now, and still in stock amazingly.

To go along with all the price gouging on video cards, I can't even get my hands on a decent 1200+ power supply without it being 150 bucks over MSRP.

To go along with all the price gouging on video cards, I can't even get my hands on a decent 1200+ power supply without it being 150 bucks over MSRP.

holy shit. I just checked amazon for the EVGA supernova 1300 G2. I paid $215 last november. Now its $450

Back