27" QNIX QX2710 Evolution 2 impressions

From what I read when you overclock the gamma changes, so you need to calibrate for that new refresh rate.

Can anyone advise me as to whether it is better to buy a more expensive 'Pixel Perfect' model off eBay or just take the 'safe' route with an Amazon.com dealer for the QNIX QX2710? Looking to buy a new monitor in the next few days..

I just got a matte version x-star perfect pixel, and I don't see any stuck or dead pixels. They may not all be that way, but I'm happy with mine so far

Got the X-Star Tempered glass version yesterday from Dream-Seller. No bleeding, No stuck or dead pixels. Couple of things to mention about the monitor. First, if you want to remove the stand arm you actually have to remove four screws, open the plastic housing by popping the bezel along the edges and then move the display to get at the two screws holding the arm. Second, I was able to get the screen to overclock to 110hz without any issues, 120hz is not possible due to banding at the top. Also of note, at 96 and 110 I did notice SCREEN BURN IN with darker images. After setting it back to 60hz it faded out after about 15 minutes. I didn't really notice a big enough difference at the higher frame rates to really care about it though. Overall an AMAZING monitor for the price, just supply your own 3 prong US style power cord and you're good to go!

Can anyone advise me as to whether it is better to buy a more expensive 'Pixel Perfect' model off eBay or just take the 'safe' route with an Amazon.com dealer for the QNIX QX2710? Looking to buy a new monitor in the next few days..

I did not pay extra for the Perfect Pixel version, but as far as I can tell, it is indeed perfect. I bought an X-Star from dream-seller on eBay for $279. I would not hesitate to recommend or buy from them again.

From what I read when you overclock the gamma changes, so you need to calibrate for that new refresh rate.

That's the thing, past about 80Hz with adjusting the gamma, its still dark, past 96Hz it gets darker, 120Hz at 2.2 is very dark, you can calibrate for color, but there is no lightboost and its like looking at a TV from the 80's.

The first monitor i bought from dream seller - I got an invoice from FedEx for $0.00

The 2nd one I ordered wasn't as lucky -- I got a bill for 20-something dollars in duties. I called them up and told them I've ordered this before and never had to pay, and asked what has changed in the past month? They said "okay we will take care of that for you" and just wiped it off the account.

I called them up and told them I've ordered this before and never had to pay, and asked what has changed in the past month? They said "okay we will take care of that for you" and just wiped it off the account.

You called FedEx or dream-seller?

Any bought this new 30" from Monoprice? http://www.monoprice.com/Product/?c_id=113&cp_id=11307&cs_id=1130703&p_id=10734&seq=1&format=3#specification It has the new LG AH-IPS panel with GB LED the same one that uses in the Dell U3014. So I'm wondering if anyone bought this Monoprice one and if the input lag is better compare to the Dell U3014.

Decided to give it a try. So far not bad. I've literally had it on for 10 minutes.
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?p=1040465297#post1040465297

Looks like my QNIX is taking the scenic route to Los Angeles California. It was basically a few miles from my house before it was shipped off to Alaska.

Anchorage, AK, United States 12/13/2013 4:05 P.M. Departure Scan
12/13/2013 12:50 P.M. Arrival Scan
Ontario, CA, United States 12/13/2013 9:40 A.M. Registered with Clearing Agency. Shipment release pending Clearing Agency review. / Released by Clearing Agency. Now in-transit
12/13/2013 8:05 A.M. Registered with Clearing Agency. Shipment release pending Clearing Agency review. / Shipment submitted to Clearing Agency, awaiting final release.
Incheon, Korea, Republic of 12/13/2013 10:56 P.M. Departure Scan
12/13/2013 7:22 P.M. Export Scan
12/13/2013 7:00 P.M. Arrival Scan
Seoul, Korea, Republic of 12/13/2013 6:55 P.M. Departure Scan
Incheon, Korea, Republic of 12/13/2013 6:05 P.M. Arrival Scan
Seoul, Korea, Republic of 12/13/2013 6:00 P.M. Departure Scan
12/13/2013 5:49 P.M. Origin Scan
12/13/2013 11:12 A.M. Pickup Scan
Korea, Republic of 12/12/2013 10:52 P.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

Got a Qnix QX2710 from ebay. No stuck pixels, no bleeding.
Changed to 100hz on desktop without any problems, but as soon as I go into CS:GO it's stuck at 60hz... Counter-Strike 1.6 works without any problems @100hz ^^
Any ideas? I also installed the qnix.inf file from monitortests.

The command -freq 100 in the game parameters of CS:GO doesn't work either.

Got a Qnix QX2710 from ebay. No stuck pixels, no bleeding.
Changed to 100hz on desktop without any problems, but as soon as I go into CS:GO it's stuck at 60hz... Counter-Strike 1.6 works without any problems @100hz ^^
Any ideas? I also installed the qnix.inf file from monitortests.

The command -freq 100 in the game parameters of CS:GO doesn't work either.

You have to run it borderless for the refresh to hold. Its a pain and lots of games force you to do this.

I got it working somehow today, but after rebooting the PC it doesn't work again... Will try your tips

Total n00b here. I have three of the Hanns-G HH281 displays and it's time to upgrade!

I want to purchase a couple of these displays but have some general questions:

1.) I read in a few places around that these can actually run of a DVI-I connection. Is this limited only to the 27" QNIX QX2710? The reason I am asking is because I have a lenovo docking station that only has dual DVI-I ports.

2.) Also, on my current Lenovo T530 I have a mini displayport, can I get some kind of adapter to run these from a mini-displayport and/or regular displayport? I am not looking to overclock, only use this for regular office work and some light photo and video editing.

3.) Lastly, my wife has a newer computer with HDMI, will these work with some kind of HDMI adapter?

Love to buy these but want to make sure I am thinking through it all. :)

Last edited:
Are you using the nVidia control panel or CRU to OC?

nvidia... Yesterday I tried Refreshlock and it showed the 100hz modes, but after rebooting it just shows 60 and 59hz. Dunno what's that about. Sometimes it seems to work, sometimes it doesn't.

Total n00b here. I have three of the Hanns-G HH281 displays and it's time to upgrade!

I want to purchase a couple of these displays but have some general questions:

1.) I read in a few places around that these can actually run of a DVI-I connection. Is this limited only to the 27" QNIX QX2710? The reason I am asking is because I have a lenovo docking station that only has dual DVI-I ports.

2.) Also, on my current Lenovo T530 I have a mini displayport, can I get some kind of adapter to run these from a mini-displayport and/or regular displayport? I am not looking to overclock, only use this for regular office work and some light photo and video editing.

3.) Lastly, my wife has a newer computer with HDMI, will these work with some kind of HDMI adapter?

Love to buy these but want to make sure I am thinking through it all. :)

The QNIX QX2710 will not work with DVI-I , it requires DVI-D. So that rules out what you want to use it for. DVI-D is simply a bandwidth requirement , especially so if you want to overclock the refresh rate. Mini-displayport should run fine with this monitor via this adapter : http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=104&cp_id=10428&cs_id=1042802&p_id=6904&seq=1&format=2

just bought one with tempered glass from green-sum, eagerly awaiting its arrival :)

can someone explain what this image means, exactly http://www.greensumimage.com/ebay/images/monitor_DEAL_policy5.jpg

it means 5 in the entire grey area, right? not 5 in each section? the latter doesn't sound right at all. and why isn't the QX2710 listed in the part below where it's talking about manufacturer problems?

Last edited:
Just got one from green-sum

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Ugh like what else is there to say? I'm coming from two 9 year old 19" NEC PVA screens and this is just outright ridiculous.

No dead pixels that I can see after a preliminary scan and I don't really feel like searching them out if they are somewhere hidden, because the price is right. Backlight bleed in bottom/right depending on what you're looking at and how you're looking at it. I'll fix that once I reuse the amazing NEC stands I have, they should screw right into this thing, as it weighs the same.

Just got one from green-sum

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Ugh like what else is there to say? I'm coming from two 9 year old 19" NEC PVA screens and this is just outright ridiculous.

No dead pixels that I can see after a preliminary scan and I don't really feel like searching them out if they are somewhere hidden, because the price is right. Backlight bleed in bottom/right depending on what you're looking at and how you're looking at it. I'll fix that once I reuse the amazing NEC stands I have, they should screw right into this thing, as it weighs the same.

...i take it that's a positive response? lol

Yep, I mean I'm coming from NECs, I work with Apple Cinema Displays, and $280 for this? Are you kidding me?

I was worried about the dot potch being too small but nope, I moved it maybe 4 inches closer and it's perfect.

Mod plans for tomorrow:
Replace stand with NEC one.
Black out blue LED.
Maybe fix the backlight bleed, although I'm not sure if I really care about it. I'm going to watch some letterboxed movies and play Arma 3 at night first to see if it really bothers me.

Its really hard to find any other monitor that can compete with the sheer value of this one. You can easily spend so much more money and get an equally flawed display from a retail outlet with a fully retail panel.

Last edited:
Where is the best place to buy one for at or under 350 USD that will ship by Christmas? Pixel perfect would be great.

Where is the best place to buy one for at or under 350 USD that will ship by Christmas? Pixel perfect would be great.

any of the korean dealers with 99%+ feedback on ebay, notably green-sum and accessorieswhole. i think a lot of people here who have bought from green-sum said they got their monitor in only two or three days.

any of the korean dealers with 99%+ feedback on ebay, notably green-sum and accessorieswhole. i think a lot of people here who have bought from green-sum said they got their monitor in only two or three days.

What happens if theres a defect and I need to return? Has anyone had any problems? And do you recommend Squaretrade warranty?

What happens if theres a defect and I need to return? Has anyone had any problems? And do you recommend Squaretrade warranty?

i haven't read the majority of this thread but it seems that most people who bought from green-sum are getting perfect monitors even when ordering the 'regular' versions.

this is green-sum's return policy. and this is what are considered defects regarding the panel itself. i don't know anything about squaretrade.

i haven't read the majority of this thread but it seems that most people who bought from green-sum are getting perfect monitors even when ordering the 'regular' versions.

this is green-sum's return policy. and this is what are considered defects regarding the panel itself. i don't know anything about squaretrade.

What about Amazon? Would http://www.amazon.com/QNIX-QX2710-Evolution-LED-Monitor/dp/B00BUI44US/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1387321114&sr=1-1&keywords=qnix+matte be a safe bet?

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.

probably. some people have said that they had problems communicating with amazon sellers, but i've heard that about everything. only way to find out is to order one, sadly. you're not going to get any sort of guarantee with these monitors.

the customer q&a says that specific qx2710 is glossy, by the way.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
probably. some people have said that they had problems communicating with amazon sellers, but i've heard that about everything. only way to find out is to order one, sadly. you're not going to get any sort of guarantee with these monitors.

the customer q&a says that specific qx2710 is glossy, by the way.

Where does it say that? I haven't seen a review stating so and the description says matte.

Well mine says out for delivery. Bought it from green-sum matte version. I hope I get a good one. Ordered saturday and here it is wednesday and it is out for delivery. That is quick shipping!

How does this compare with the 27" IPS-ZERO-G Slim Monitor WQHD 2560x1440 monoprice ?

The QNIX QX2710 will not work with DVI-I , it requires DVI-D. So that rules out what you want to use it for. DVI-D is simply a bandwidth requirement , especially so if you want to overclock the refresh rate. Mini-displayport should run fine with this monitor via this adapter : http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=104&cp_id=10428&cs_id=1042802&p_id=6904&seq=1&format=2

Thanks! I would up buying the DPORT version! Ordered from accessorieswholesale and had shipped to my front door in central IL in less than 30 hours flat.

THESE ROCK!

Guys I just got a QNIX Q2710 Evo II from Red-Cap...I bought the PIXEL Perfect bshit model and it came with no dead pixels sure..but there's SO MUCH backlight bleed. These monitors are such a gamble...I bought a Shimian over a year ago and it had no problems whatsoever and that was a non-pixel perfect version.

Anyway, I tried contacting Red-Cap and they are not accepting an exchange saying the bleed is considered normal to the...??

Does this look normal to you? Will the black tape fix even work for this mess? I see like yellow blobs in the bottom center of screen:
08q3.jpg

d9bf.jpg

Back