27" QNIX QX2710 Evolution 2 impressions

Wow yea I would attempt first to do the method pointed out from various users to reduce the bleed.

But that's just about the worst case of bleeding I've ever seen.

Wow, I wouldn't try to fix that myself. That is completely unacceptable. I would try eBay's Money Back Guarantee if the seller won't do an exchange. http://pages.ebay.com/coverage/index.html Otherwise I would contact Paypal or your bank and see if you can dispute the charge. Leaving negative feedback can also often get results.

On the other side, the ad specifically states "3.we check if the backlight bleeding is serious at the black screen in normal view. backlight bleeding and yellow tint is different depending on each personal view so we don't accept to return or refund about Backlight Bleeding and yellow tint problem."

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I've shown Red-cap these pictures and they still give me the same crap about testing these monitors before sending them out. Are they honestly blind or they're just plain trying to screw me over. I would rather pay extra to ship this back and get a better monitor than dealing with it. I see the lightbleed even in a bright lit room.

Dispute it with Ebay. That is beyond "acceptable" period. But while you do that try to do the method to see if you can possibly reduce it. Its a clear cut case of beyond acceptable backlight bleed , you would have to be blind not to call that a "faulty" monitor.

That is just absurd. And if Red-cap won't honor their word then they won't get my business ever.

wow i just got mine and hooked it up. only one seemingly dead pixel near the bottom right corner, might just be something under the glass. even if it is a dead pixel, it doesn't matter because to actually notice it the screen has to be white and i have to look for it. incredible.

yeah it actually seems like there's a little tiny bit of dust or something under the glass at the bottom, no dead or stuck pixels or anything. this is amazing.

Last edited:
Why does it seem like the brightness goes down when the monitor is overclocked?

The gamma rises which darkens the colors when overclocked. The higher the overclock the higher the gamma rises.

Finally got around to taking my glow free matte Qnix apart. The metal frame was bent inwards slightly, straightening it out has almost completely eliminated the back-light bleed. Time to fix my extra glossy version...

I don't know if anyone else experienced this but in case no one has I'd like to share this myself.

When I got this monitor it couldn't run at 120hz without some green lines appearing with certain images. In order for it to run at 120hz I had to reduce timings. I got it to a point where the lines would show up very rarely and it was still running at 120hz. So I kept those reduced timings and was happy.

Fast forward some months and I realized the lines didn't show up anymore at all. Then I reformatted and didn't have the screenshot of my timings available immediately. So I decided to use stock timings.

Lo and behold no green lines or artifacts appear anymore even when using stock timings.

So basically I conditioned the monitor to run at 120hz. Definitely did not expect such a thing to happen on a monitor connected through a purely digital connection. I had the opposite of this happen on VGA monitors (many years ago) where over time interference would cause picture degradation issues when using the VGA cable.

At this point I guess I can OC it even more, but 120hz is fine and I don't think 125 or 130 would make a noticeable difference to me.

This is the Xstar model.

Wow, I wouldn't try to fix that myself. That is completely unacceptable. I would try eBay's Money Back Guarantee if the seller won't do an exchange. http://pages.ebay.com/coverage/index.html Otherwise I would contact Paypal or your bank and see if you can dispute the charge. Leaving negative feedback can also often get results.

On the other side, the ad specifically states "3.we check if the backlight bleeding is serious at the black screen in normal view. backlight bleeding and yellow tint is different depending on each personal view so we don't accept to return or refund about Backlight Bleeding and yellow tint problem."

I've shown Red-cap these pictures and they still give me the same crap about testing these monitors before sending them out. Are they honestly blind or they're just plain trying to screw me over. I would rather pay extra to ship this back and get a better monitor than dealing with it. I see the lightbleed even in a bright lit room.

Dispute it with Ebay. That is beyond "acceptable" period. But while you do that try to do the method to see if you can possibly reduce it. Its a clear cut case of beyond acceptable backlight bleed , you would have to be blind not to call that a "faulty" monitor.

That is just absurd. And if Red-cap won't honor their word then they won't get my business ever.

You can dispute it all you want, you're still going to have to pay the $110-260 in shipping to get it back to them.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
does the right side get brighter over time when overclocked or am i just getting used to it?

Guys I just got a QNIX Q2710 Evo II from Red-Cap...I bought the PIXEL Perfect bshit model and it came with no dead pixels sure..but there's SO MUCH backlight bleed. These monitors are such a gamble...I bought a Shimian over a year ago and it had no problems whatsoever and that was a non-pixel perfect version.

Anyway, I tried contacting Red-Cap and they are not accepting an exchange saying the bleed is considered normal to the...??

Does this look normal to you? Will the black tape fix even work for this mess? I see like yellow blobs in the bottom center of screen:
08q3.jpg

d9bf.jpg

File and escalate a claim ASAP. I had a shimian die on me and redcap agreed to replace it, turns out he said that just to run out the PayPal protection time frame. I spent 9 monoliths hassling him and he agreed to fix it or send a new one if I sent it back. I have in writing that I send it back and he refunds shipping.
I sent the screen back, cost me $150. 2 months later I got it back, DOA, he never even unsealed the box. PayPal didn't do fuck all. Dead screen, $500 total lost. Redcap hasn't answered any contact since. He is a motherfucker, and I posted my issues all over the Internet. Even search him here and I gave many warnings.
He has done this to many people too, I was contacted by 3 people on OCN that got fucked over by him as well.

serious question. i know the right side gets darker when overclocked, that's why i said 'when overclocked.'

Dude it was a grammar mistake via use of my smartphone , does that really warrant my native language being called into question?

And for the record its English. Hard to believe I have to explain that.

Last edited:
Oh god, screw Red Cap, the guy stopped responding to my emails too. I am now trying to escalate but that stupid option isnt showing up on my case in the resolution center at ebay?

Btw i did try the tape method, and it only reduced it by a small margin. The frame looked bent at where the bleed is, i didnt want to fuck with the bending so i just put it back together and decided its not worth it. I really hope ebay lives up to buyer's protection.

For future reference, is Green-sum a whole lot better and reliable and is this website reliable as well http://www.ipsledmonitors.com/?

Oh god, screw Red Cap, the guy stopped responding to my emails too. I am now trying to escalate but that stupid option isnt showing up on my case in the resolution center at ebay?

Btw i did try the tape method, and it only reduced it by a small margin. The frame looked bent at where the bleed is, i didnt want to fuck with the bending so i just put it back together and decided its not worth it. I really hope ebay lives up to buyer's protection.

For future reference, is Green-sum a whole lot better and reliable and is this website reliable as well http://www.ipsledmonitors.com/?

Uh, no, Dream Seller is the guy to deal with...

Can't get more than one monitor working at a time with me. I plug my HDMI in and my Qnix stops working and has a blinking blue power light. Can't change anything in CCC.

7950 and Windows 8.1

I think my power brick is starting to fail. Beginning yesterday, the instant I turned my monitor on, it immediately turns off. Upon inspecting the power brick, there is no green light... a temporary fix is unplugging the cable from the outlet until the brick gets a charge again. It takes many tries of unplugging and replugging until the monitor stays on. Today, I contacted excellentcastle for warranty support and they responded just requesting my name, address and phone number. Once I provided that information, I received an email about 5 minutes later saying they're going to try to send a replacement brick soon. LOL. Now that is what I call customer service!

I think my power brick is starting to fail. Beginning yesterday, the instant I turned my monitor on, it immediately turns off. Upon inspecting the power brick, there is no green light... a temporary fix is unplugging the cable from the outlet until the brick gets a charge again. It takes many tries of unplugging and replugging until the monitor stays on. Today, I contacted excellentcastle for warranty support and they responded just requesting my name, address and phone number. Once I provided that information, I received an email about 5 minutes later saying they're going to try to send a replacement brick soon. LOL. Now that is what I call customer service!

that's awesome

Update: So Red-Cap sent me a message saying that they will give me a full refund and pay return shipping ONLY if i delete negative comments about them on this forum + at overclock....lol oh and if i close my ebay case first. Right...so I escalated the case to ebay and I won in favor.

I had to pay return shipping which costed $90 to send back but atleast I am getting my $350 back from ebay.

On a positive note, i ordered an X-star this time from Dream-Seller and it arrived today. No dead pixels, no backlight bleed, 120hz and I paid $30 cheaper for this compared to the QNIX from red-cap. Couldn't be happier right now.

I have the darnest feeling once red-cap recieves the shitty backlight monitor back they're just gonna re-pack it and send it to the next person who buys from them who wouldn't bother with a return.

Fuck you Red-Cap.

Update: So Red-Cap sent me a message saying that they will give me a full refund and pay return shipping ONLY if i delete negative comments about them on this forum + at overclock....lol oh and if i close my ebay case first. Right...so I escalated the case to ebay and I won in favor.

I had to pay return shipping which costed $90 to send back but atleast I am getting my $350 back from ebay.

On a positive note, i ordered an X-star this time from Dream-Seller and it arrived today. No dead pixels, no backlight bleed, 120hz and I paid $30 cheaper for this compared to the QNIX from red-cap. Couldn't be happier right now.

I have the darnest feeling once red-cap recieves the shitty backlight monitor back they're just gonna re-pack it and send it to the next person who buys from them who wouldn't bother with a return.

Fuck you Red-Cap.

yeah dream-seller was super cool with me too. I got perfection!

yeah dream-seller was super cool with me too. I got perfection!

did you guys order the perfect pixel version or just the regular model? I am about to order one right now too...but not sure if the extra 60 bux is worth it for perfect pixel.

I ordered the pixel perfect but like 4 days ago it was $329.99..he raised the price up now for some reason. Maybe wait it out although people say it's a gimmick I just wasn't willing to take any more risk.

I do have a question though about the X-star i got. I noticed when i view my screen in an off angle it starts to look very whiteish, the black levels especially. But when i look at it straight, it looks fine. Is this something to do with PLS panels or was I mistaken in that they are supposed to be great viewing angles just as much as IPS is?

I ordered the pixel perfect but like 4 days ago it was $329.99..he raised the price up now for some reason. Maybe wait it out although people say it's a gimmick I just wasn't willing to take any more risk.

I do have a question though about the X-star i got. I noticed when i view my screen in an off angle it starts to look very whiteish, the black levels especially. But when i look at it straight, it looks fine. Is this something to do with PLS panels or was I mistaken in that they are supposed to be great viewing angles just as much as IPS is?

Do you plan to look at your screen at an off angle frequently? Then don't worry about it :p

Honestly I haven't noticed that issue with this panel , it looks pretty great at all angles for me.

I just ordered my Perfect Pixel Qnix from green-sum for 339. I picked up the square-trade warranty as well. Wish me luck on getting that perfect panel!

Thinking about ordering one of these 27" 1440p Korean monitors off ebay. I currently have a glossy 27" HP TN panel which I think looks great even at 1080p. Just wondering if anyone else has switched from 27" 1080p 60hz to these 27" 1440p? Is it a HUGE difference like going from 720p to 1080p or what? I'd hate to spend $300 and barely notice a difference

I went from a Samsung 1080p to a Dell 1440p and it's a huge difference. Won't go back.

I just ordered my Perfect Pixel Qnix from green-sum for 339. I picked up the square-trade warranty as well. Wish me luck on getting that perfect panel!

My monitor arrived today. I ordered saturday the 28th and here it is, with New Years falling in the middle. I also ordered a stand and cable from monoprice on the same day and it wont be here until next tuesday. LOL.

I have zero dead/stuck pixels. Not a one. I have very minimal BLB in the bottom left corner and top, just left of center. Its really no more than my Asus VW246H that this replaced.

So far Ive overclocked it to 110 and fired up Battlefield 4. No issues.Runs insanely smooth, completely maxed out ultra settings. I was getting around 75fps at 110hz and 90-100 at 96hz (gtx780 sc w/ a small OC). It does get a little dark, but I know that is common and I need to load up a color profile. Im going to wait until I get my dvi cable from monoprice before I go any further.

Atom, why did you order dvi cable?

from the research I did prior to ordering, some have mentioned that a thicker, higher quality cable helped them achieve better OC on their refresh rate. I was ordering a desk-mount for it anyway so for the 8 bux I figured why not.

Back