27" QNIX QX2710 Evolution 2 impressions

Well the prices went up over the last few months, so the question is 'why'? Did they go up because their costs went up or did they go up because demand rose and they realized they could charge more. If it is the latter, then there is the possibility of a price drop again.

Demand i am sure as it steadily went up almost daily a few dollars when ever i kept checking.

Wait a minute.. I asked this question in this thread how IQ looks on this monitor when you lower the resolution to 1080p (for future games where I won't be able to play natively at 1440P) and was told it looks a few percentage points less than 100% but is still very manageable. Are you telling me now that I can't put this monitor in 1080p?

I ordered from green_sum a few days ago and it should be here in another few days so I hope I'm incorrect in the way I interpreted this post.

You can if you use GPU scalling.
No consoles, blurays, laptops with hdmi only etc.

1080p looks awful on the Qnix, native 1080p monitors look much better, including the 32" Samsung TV I compared to the Qnix @1080p from the same viewing distance.

Hi just got the QNIX 27 inch 2560x1440 monitor how far should i be sitting away from it?

What level of brightness should i be using in the complete dark? i have it set to 120ms at the moment and it seems too bright still? What are you guys using

Hey guys I am looking to buy a Korean PLS monitor and just wanted to ask which brand is better: QNIX or X-STAR?

I was doing 10mhz increments from 60hz and it was stable at 110hz. At 120hz I was getting a red line. I thought 110hz was pretty good for a 60hz monitor.

I'm kind of hoping for something to drop down in price come Black Friday, whether its a Korean monitor or something else.... Seems like everyone went with the matte....

I was doing 10mhz increments from 60hz and it was stable at 110hz. At 120hz I was getting a red line. I thought 110hz was pretty good for a 60hz monitor.

I can't get it past 110 also. If I go to 120 it starts to flicker and artifact. Otherwise very stable at 110.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
That one doesn't come with an adapter, so its not really a sale compared to the ones going for $299 with adapters.

yes and no, I seriously have so many of those power chords laying around that it's not an issue. I almost feel better using a straight up made for america wire rather than an adapter also. But good point none to less.

I'm trying to decide if I should bite on this, spring for the perfect pixel version for $320 or wait a little longer and see if they fall a little further as we approach the blackness.

I'm trying to decide if I should bite on this, spring for the perfect pixel version for $320 or wait a little longer and see if they fall a little further as we approach the blackness.
Yeah, I'm debating on whether or not I should jump on it as well.

Decisions, decisions.

Just ordered an X-Star 2710 from dream-seller; although part of me wanted to hold off to see if any sales were offered, figured prices weren't going to dip much below $279.

I did, however, have a quick question concerning voltage converters and plug adapters: specifically, am I correct in thinking I will not need a voltage converter but will need to pick up a Type B plug adapter (an adapter that accepts Type C plugs and outputs Type B)? Alternatively, if I had a spare 3-prong power cord -- ones traditionally used with TV and PSUs -- would I be able to use that cord instead of the the cord that ships with the monitor?

Thanks, in advance, for any insight.

Regards,

Last edited:
I'm looking at the Qnix, how much difference is there between the tempered glass and glossy versions? I prefer glossy but I can't find a good picture of how the tempered one looks.

Tempered Glass=extra reflections & grayish blacks vs. an equally clear glossy coating

Left glass vs. right semi-glossy (same-ish coating as matte PLS). Both monitors were set to 140cdm/2 & have a 900:1 contrast ratio. All monitors with Tempered Glass like the Dell S series, Apple Cinema/Thunderbolt Displays and Korean models with tempered glass are the same.

Left Glass vs. Right Glossy. Both monitors were set to 140cdm/2 & have similar contrast ratios.

The new plasma deposition coating used by the Crossover 27xxAMG series is less reflective & has better blacks vs. tempered glass but the blacks are still worse versus glossy coatings.

I can't see the pics at work, but if its the same as the apple and dell screens I don't want it. Glossy it is.

A dual link dvi/dvi-i or active displayport to dual-link dvi connection is required.

What level of brightness should i be using in the complete dark? i have it set to 120ms at the moment and it seems too bright still? What are you guys using

Use this lightweight software to change the brightness of the monitor. It's similar to the dim feature on a laptop. It'll safe you from spamming the brightness button on the monitor every night.

http://dimscreen.en.softonic.com/

Welp, my impatient self couldn't wait any longer so I pulled the trigger on the X-Star DP2710LED.

Never had a monitor above 24" before so I'm kind of anxious but wondering where the hell I'm going to put it. Can't wait though!

Use this lightweight software to change the brightness of the monitor. It's similar to the dim feature on a laptop. It'll safe you from spamming the brightness button on the monitor every night.

http://dimscreen.en.softonic.com/

Good software.. This is kind of weird. People slam the bezels on these things, and they're not perfect by any means, but does anyone else like the no frills look along with the solid big clunky power button? I used to have a monitor with touch buttons and I freaking hated it. I love hearing the loud CLICK when I turn it on or off. Maybe it's just a personal thing. :D

Good software.. This is kind of weird. People slam the bezels on these things, and they're not perfect by any means, but does anyone else like the no frills look along with the solid big clunky power button? I used to have a monitor with touch buttons and I freaking hated it. I love hearing the loud CLICK when I turn it on or off. Maybe it's just a personal thing. :D

Heck yeah! I share this satisfaction with you! CLICK! Ahhh! :)

I do love digital touch buttons too though.

I just swapped out a 6yr old Acer TN 1920X1200 for one of these. Picked it up local with no dead pixels, barely noticable BLB (only in a completely dark room with a black screen). I didn't really push for the full 120Hz, was happy just going for 96Hz and called it good. Overall a great upgrade.

I just swapped out a 6yr old Acer TN 1920X1200 for one of these. Picked it up local with no dead pixels, barely noticable BLB (only in a completely dark room with a black screen). I didn't really push for the full 120Hz, was happy just going for 96Hz and called it good. Overall a great upgrade.

Hmm interesting. How big was your previous monitor and what does it feel like having a 27 inch monitor in front of you?

previous was a 24" monitor. This honestly doesn't feel like it's much bigger at all, which is nice since I sit only about 3' from the monitor at the furthest. The sharpness, brightness, clarity, and color saturation are the real standout items. By chance, you near Tucson? I could always show you first hand.

I heard that the QNIX QX2710 Evolution II is the best IPS monitor in terms of image quality and overclockability because it uses PLS technology.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

AFAIK, IPS and PLS are two different tech used in monitors by two different groups of manufactures, and I've heard that PLS is better than IPS\

though sellers claim that x-star and Qnix are the same monitor, but I still see from OCN's statistic thread that more people choose Qnix over x-Star, don't know why.

I also pull the trigger on one QNIX 27", and just checked on ebay, it's on its way:D

Just got my X-Star DP2710LED that I ordered last week. Immediately tried to overclock it to 96hz and 120hz with success. More than likely keep it at 96hz just because it's easier to push with my 670 until I upgrade.

Overall, I'm pleased with this no frills monitor. It's nice having better viewing angles and much better colors than my other LCD's which have all been TN panels.

I have some dumb questions that I didn't want to start another thread for, if anyone can shed some light. I'm getting ready to buy a 780TI and one of these monitors, but I think I may have a problem.

I currently run 2x Syncmaster P2370's, which only have a DVI connector (and no goddamn mount holes :mad:). I wanted to run all 3 of these monitors at the same time, will I be able to? I've seen some DVI to HDMI connectors, but I just don't know enough about running 3 monitors to tell if it will work, and I want to be sure.

I tried a PLS once. The viewing angles were a little better than IPS. Beyond that nothing else seemed different. They should just start releasing 100hz PLS if the panels can reach that easily.

I have some dumb questions that I didn't want to start another thread for, if anyone can shed some light. I'm getting ready to buy a 780TI and one of these monitors, but I think I may have a problem.

I currently run 2x Syncmaster P2370's, which only have a DVI connector (and no goddamn mount holes :mad:). I wanted to run all 3 of these monitors at the same time, will I be able to? I've seen some DVI to HDMI connectors, but I just don't know enough about running 3 monitors to tell if it will work, and I want to be sure.
I haven't run an nV card since the GTX 460, but at least on AMD it doesn't matter what you use to connect your second and third monitors. I have both of mine (1080P) hooked up via adapters and using the DVI input on the monitor. I'm using one DP->DVI adapter and one HDMI->DVI adapter. The only real requirement is that the QNIX/X-Star is on a DL-DVI port.

I haven't run an nV card since the GTX 460, but at least on AMD it doesn't matter what you use to connect your second and third monitors. I have both of mine (1080P) hooked up via adapters and using the DVI input on the monitor. I'm using one DP->DVI adapter and one HDMI->DVI adapter. The only real requirement is that the QNIX/X-Star is on a DL-DVI port.

So if I get a DVI->HDMI adapter I'll be able to have the Qnix in the DVI, Monitor 2 in the DVI, and Monitor 3 in the HDMI?

So mine says it is coming in tomorrow (ordered friday afternoon), Shipping info last has an update at 12:01 am Korean Time. Still deciding on a stand or just use as-is for now. I'll wait until maybe xmas time to order. Ready for some 1440p goodness!

Back