2080 Ti for $1000 confirmed, HDMI 2.1/VRR confirmed dead for another year

bigbluefe

[H]ard|Gawd
PNY accidentally put up their Geforce 2080 page early, and we have confirmation that the next generation Nvidia cards don't support HDMI 2.1. Of course, we all expected this, since Nvidia are evil cocksuckers who want to sell their shitty G-Sync modules instead of do the right thing. So basically, you've got shit performance from AMD or no ability to use OLED TVs with VRR with Nvidia. Good job, Earth, you fucking pile of trash.

https://share.dmca.gripe/biU1TikFxVR3Yvy0.pdf

https://share.dmca.gripe/4g7tVzGrKvylFyQV.png

https://share.dmca.gripe/m41G68CNUdTqCxkb.png

Ahahaha I called it right on the sheckels. Ngreedia would launch the Ti out the gate to justify price increasing further. The real Ti no doubt will come later as usual. You suckers keep paying the launch tax edition and they keep bending you over further each launch.

If the performance is there, it’s justified. 50% over 1080Ti warrants a $999 price in this market. Don’t like it? Buy the 2080 or get a job.

Blame the slackers at AMD, not nVidia for making superior products and capitalizing on them.

Last edited:
Pretty funny how so many people still don't know how supply and demand works.

Including AMD unfortunately. I'm sure they could sell a shit ton of Vegas if they priced them at $299 and $399. They might have to do that anyway at this point.

Fuck it, I think its best I upgrade my GTX 1060 to a GTX 1080 or 1070 ti and wait. I expect 2020 to be the year of real innovation for graphics, monitors, etc with Intel and hopefully AMD back in the graphics game. I play at 1080p@240Hzso I have that going for me too :)

Last edited:
Didn't expect a 1080 Ti successor so soon, was expecting it until next year or at least if AMD actually produces a card that can compete against NVIDIA's high end offerings.

Still interested to see how this would perform, though that $1K price tag isn't rather surprising, NVIDIA has charged $1K or more for their gaming cards so its not rather surprising because due to lack of competition.

Agreed. Never seen x80 and x80ti being launched simultaneously. Pretty much Titan to Ti pricing, but this time nVidia has the whole product stack covered and leaves them an opening to price drop - if/when AMD decides to be competitive again.

And if AMD isn't, nVidia gets 1-grand from the whales until AMD catches up. Could be waiting a very long time lmao.

Good job, Earth, you fucking pile of trash.

Earth-chan is not pleased.

bd3qqFc.png

RIP my wallet, RTX 2080 Ti here I come (as long as it's at least 20% faster). Thought I'd have at least another 6 months with my 1080 Ti but I guess 14 months of service is enough to retire it.

Looks like Im going to be a 1000 dollars poorer. Funny, i decided I wasn't going to upgrade from the 1080ti to the 2080, then they decide to release the 2080ti. Smart move Nvidia, Smart move.

My Titan Xp @ 2.1Ghz core, 6200Mhz mem is still doing just fine at 3440x1440. I see no reason to upgrade. Chances are Raytracing is going to take a couple GPU generations to get the performance up to an acceptable level, and then we also need games that support it.

Way over priced but not entirely unexpected. Luckily, I'm not in the market for a new monitor quite yet which means I'm also not in the market for a new GPU. Heck, my next GPU isn't happening without a whole new build anyway. This old 3770k has served me quite well but I'm already CPU limited in several games @ 1440p with my current 1080Ti

Who knows, the FE could be $850.00 to undercut AIB if they do a simultaneous launch across partners. NV could go that route if they expect to have a huge sell-off at launch.

What burns me is there is no real option for 4k under $1000. That's a god damned travesty. This is a prime example of a company with a near-monopoly holding back progress.

Yeah, watch out clicking those links. Anti-virus said it was sketch and blocked it.

Didn't expect a 1080 Ti successor so soon, was expecting it until next year or at least if AMD actually produces a card that can compete against NVIDIA's high end offerings.

Still interested to see how this would perform, though that $1K price tag isn't rather surprising, NVIDIA has charged $1K or more for their gaming cards so its not rather surprising because due to lack of competition.

AMD competing against the 2080 and 2080 ti? That will never ever happen. Maybe in 2021 we might see similar performance.

What burns me is there is no real option for 4k under $1000. That's a god damned travesty. This is a prime example of a company with a near-monopoly holding back progress.

What progress is NV holding back? There are plenty of cards under $1K that can play 4K with reduced settings that don't look like shit.

The smell of faux outrage over luxury goods is thick in the air.

I'll be buying a Gsync monitor sometime this month which means I'll be stuck with NV for the next half decade. These prices really don't bode well for our wallets. If I was buying any gpu right now honestly all these $200-240 980ti are a steal. If you get one that OCs to 1500 you're looking at 1070ti performance.

Looking at the specs I'm very curious how a 2080 will do vs a 1080ti.

I'll be buying a Gsync monitor sometime this month which means I'll be stuck with NV for the next half decade. These prices really don't bode well for our wallets. If I was buying any gpu right now honestly all these $200-240 980ti are a steal. If you get one that OCs to 1500 you're looking at 1070ti performance.

Looking at the specs I'm very curious how a 2080 will do vs a 1080ti.

I've been running G-Sync monitors since 2014 and I don't regret it one bit.

I have a G-Sync monitor and love it. Would I have liked NVIDIA to support HDMI 2.1? Absolutely. Did I expect them to and compete against themselves? Absolutely not.

Besides, it opens the door for AMD to be the card of choice for HTPC crowd. Probably Intel as well.

For the record, I have ZERO loyalty to any tech company. Whoever does the best job for my use case gets the money.

That said, I have a 980ti at 1.45GHZ in my gaming system. I’m ready for the 2080ti.

I would like a 2080 Ti but to be honest, I don't have any games that need one at the moment! Might wait until next year at this rate.

Last edited:
PNY accidentally put up their Geforce 2080 page early, and we have confirmation that the next generation Nvidia cards don't support HDMI 2.1. Of course, we all expected this, since Nvidia are evil cocksuckers who want to sell their shitty G-Sync modules instead of do the right thing. So basically, you've got shit performance from AMD or no ability to use OLED TVs with VRR with Nvidia. Good job, Earth, you fucking pile of trash.

https://share.dmca.gripe/biU1TikFxVR3Yvy0.pdf

https://share.dmca.gripe/4g7tVzGrKvylFyQV.png

https://share.dmca.gripe/m41G68CNUdTqCxkb.png

I saw these when they went live from pny... I don't believe the founders edition will cost this much - these are overclocked with custom cooling, of course they're going to cost more. Why would nVidia follow AMD when they command the market? Sure it sucks, but its business, even if don't like it, I mean after all, many of us can't get enough of nVidia's products no matter their business practices... sales numbers support that.

Screen shot of the pny 2080 ($800) and 2080 Ti ($1000) and 1080 ($699) and 1080 Ti ($899)

https://cdn.wccftech.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/Dk2oPaoUcAAoikP-1.jpg-large-1.jpg

Last edited:
I saw these when they went live from pny... I don't believe the founders edition will cost this much - these are overclocked with custom cooling, of course they're going to cost more. Why would nVidia follow AMD when they command the market? Sure it sucks, but its business, even if don't like it, I mean after all, many of us can't get enough of nVidia's products no matter their business practices... sales numbers support that.

Screen shot of the pny 2080 ($800) and 2080 Ti ($1000) and 1080 ($699) and 1080 Ti ($899)

https://cdn.wccftech.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/Dk2oPaoUcAAoikP-1.jpg-large-1.jpg

Yeah, the fact that the same version of the 1080ti runs $899 on their site tells me the 2080ti is probably not going to cost $1000. $899 for a 1080ti is absurdly high, so I'm more interested in the $100 price gap between the two cards. I'd bet that gap is what were going to be looking at for normally priced cards, so we're likely to see $799-849, imo.

Does anyone expect a shortage or is nvidia and other manufactures prettty good about having,plenty of supply at launch

Back