2006 Post Your Workstation

Status
Not open for further replies.
cc2096 said:
I have to ask, what is that thing behind the 360 controller? Looks like it might be a USB hub of some sort, but i've never seen that one. Link?

its a Belkin desk from Office Depot. It comes with a usb 2.0 hub built into it.

P1010018.jpg

P1010014-1.jpg

5e1091b0.jpg

P1010009-2.jpg

P1010017-1.jpg

P1010082-1.jpg

i'm messy i no

dsc02660mediumlb4.jpg

dsc02662mediumap9.jpg

dsc02663mediumil4.jpg

dsc02666mediumkc1.jpg

dsc02672mediumqu5.jpg

dsc02645fb8.jpg

dsc02640dw8.jpg

That is just part of it though, I will take some more pix tomorrow in the daylight of the rest of it :)

hardforum1ht6.jpg

hardforum2vm9.jpg

hardforum3pt1.jpg

It's only a temp room with a temp desk so please excuse the fact that nothing really "fits".

Not bad for a 17 year old i think. ;)

im serious. the underage posters jsut need to post their pics and omit the "not bad for a __ year old right?" bullshit. lett the pics speak for you. on quite a few different levels its silly to say that / insulting to say that.
1. if your mommy and daddy bought you all that shit whether directly or indirectly with allowance, then whats your point?
2. if you had a summer job or supn and bought it, yet still live at home so you pay no real grown up bills, then whats your point?
3. if you somehow live on your own, bought it with money you earned, did not have any bills subsidized by parents, and either are in college or have maxed out credit cards, then: whats your point?

for these 3 main reasons i really think the underage posters should not add that tidbit after cuz its just insulting and i see no point to saying it. show yourr pics, let us all oo and ahh over the cool stuff, discuss things of note and let it be that.

/OT necessary rant

el rolio said:
im serious. the underage posters jsut need to post their pics and omit the "not bad for a __ year old right?" bullshit. lett the pics speak for you. on quite a few different levels its silly to say that / insulting to say that.
1. if your mommy and daddy bought you all that shit whether directly or indirectly with allowance, then whats your point?
2. if you had a summer job or supn and bought it, yet still live at home so you pay no real grown up bills, then whats your point?
3. if you somehow live on your own, bought it with money you earned, did not have any bills subsidized by parents, and either are in college or have maxed out credit cards, then: whats your point?

for these 3 main reasons i really think the underage posters should not add that tidbit after cuz its just insulting and i see no point to saying it. show yourr pics, let us all oo and ahh over the cool stuff, discuss things of note and let it be that.

/OT necessary rant
What are you jealous becuase 14, 15, and 16 year olds have nicer setups than you? Jesus, deal with it. When I post my setup I'll make sure I include my age too.

el rolio said:

/OT necessary rant
Hey hey now, some people just like to relish in the fact that they are pampered.
Myself included

J-M-E said:
JUST BECAUSE some guy posted that rant. I will say im 15 :)
I hope that guy likes my setup, and the fact that I'm Fourteen and a sophomore.

Ok... so next time I'll make sure to say something along the lines of "look how much money my parents spend on me!" Not sure if that will really make you feel any better, but hey, at least it a touch more honest, right?

el rolio said:
. . .

This is some kind of joke right?

A/S/L? :D

And for the record, im 27 so yea.... ummm..... k :rolleyes:

[rant]
Who the hell cares how old someone is, where they got their shit from or anything else for that matter? This is supposed to be a pics thread, people show off their shit and other people ooo and ahhh over it. I could care less if the person who posted was 15 or 51, they have nice shit, end of story. If people want to post that they are such and such age and have all this nice stuff, go for it. I wish that I had that kinda stuff when i was a kid, whether it was bought by my parents or by my hard earned cash. And yes, some 15 yr olds do have real jobs making real money. And if they don't have to worry about Rent, cars, Credit card, loans, mortgages, allimony, child support, back taxes, etc.. and they want to blow all their cash on really nice comps and videogames and high electronics, so be it. For the people who even care one iota about this shit, get a f'n life, and possibly a better job, and then maybe you can post your high end expensive shit for other people to ooo and ahhh.

That's just my $.02
[/rant]

Not much but best I can do at 22 with gf and a 4 year old son.

My space
MainRig.jpg

Gf's space
GfRig.jpg

Our space
Everything.jpg

Our 52" HDTV
HDTV.jpg

el rolio said:

I think el rolio has only guaranteed that every person from now on will explicitly state their age. :rolleyes:

SysteX said:
I think el rolio has only guaranteed that every person from now on will explicitly state their age. :rolleyes:

yep, it looks like i've done just that. cuz bfore my rant i had seen maybe once or so a teen post the "not bad for a 16 yrd old?" thing and passed it off, wasnt a big deal, thats great he had al lthe shit. then some folks ragged on him for a post or 2 nothign big. since that time however, every week orr 2 (on this forum and others, bu [H] is ma home!) the only time i would see someone post their age with thier workstation was wheen they were a teen. so after seeing it a few more times i had to make that rant. its not that i care that you have the cool stuff. we all love cool stuff, and this thread is for sharing/showin it off. i was just disturbed by the supposed need to post your age and the trend being carried by teens.

but, since its not just teens posting their age, i can go ahead and take it all back. doesn't matter anymore!

el rolio said:
yep, it looks like i've done just that. cuz bfore my rant i had seen maybe once or so a teen post the "not bad for a 16 yrd old?" thing and passed it off, wasnt a big deal, thats great he had al lthe shit. then some folks ragged on him for a post or 2 nothign big. since that time however, every week orr 2 (on this forum and others, bu [H] is ma home!) the only time i would see someone post their age with thier workstation was wheen they were a teen. so after seeing it a few more times i had to make that rant. its not that i care that you have the cool stuff. we all love cool stuff, and this thread is for sharing/showin it off. i was just disturbed by the supposed need to post your age and the trend being carried by teens.

but, since its not just teens posting their age, i can go ahead and take it all back. doesn't matter anymore!
wait, so you're saying that it's ok for adults to post their ages, but not teens?

currently (the one with the hat on the LCD):
behindjimmystvno8.jpg

after the LAN (minus the 17"CRT, the guy beside me at the LAN now owns it):
dscf01737li.jpg

TheOneGreatX said:
wait, so you're saying that it's ok for adults to post their ages, but not teens?

not at all, nothing of the sort. was never making a distinction about who can post what. just wondering why certain folks post supn whereas others didnt, but at this point it doesnt really matter anymore, folks can post what they want

Here is my 50,000 dollar desk:

http://home.comcast.net/~ThingOne/stuff/DSC_0122.JPG

Lol, that also includes:

http://home.comcast.net/~ThingOne/stuff/DSC_0125.JPG
http://home.comcast.net/~ThingOne/stuff/DSC_0126.JPG
http://home.comcast.net/~ThingOne/stuff/DSC_0127.JPG
http://home.comcast.net/~ThingOne/stuff/DSC_0128.JPG

First pic is Dad's desk, second pic is brother's desk (he's 5, so no comp...yet) and third and fourth pic is of home theater area.

P.S. 50,000 dollars includes the cost to finish the ENTIRE basement (most of which is not pictured), the home theater area, as well as painting the upstairs, installing new tile, putting down hardwood, and installing recessed lighting.

BTW, I'm 18 :D

EDIT:
Home Theater setup:
-61" Samsung 1080p DLP
-Denon AVR-3806 receiver
--Definitive Center Channel and Rear Speakers (forget model numbers)
--Definitive 7004 Floor Standing speakers with built-in Sub
--Definitive 12" Subwoofer
-Samsung HD950 upconvert DVD player
-Comcast HD cable box with HDMI output
-Panamax Line Conditioner (forget model number, 8500 something...)
-PS2, N64, and GCN (not pictured)

Soon to add an HTPC once I get a case.

NickS said:
I spot Definitive Technology speakers, aka RAPE. :D Nice choice.

nah man, I'm loving these Definitives. We were stuck deciding between Martin Logans and Definitives, and we chose Definitives in the end.

Not to mention that if anything breaks, we can go half and hour up I-97 to get them fixed.

I should post my dads home theater setup, a bit beefier than urs in the speaker department but I think your Samsung DLP is 46" My dad is going to go for the 42", picking one up later this week.

NickS said:
I should post my dads home theater setup, a bit beefier than urs in the speaker department but I think your Samsung DLP is 46" My dad is going to go for the 42", picking one up later this week.

Try 61" ;)

workstation.jpg

Desk is VERY old, solid wood with glass top. slide outs on both side for writing/whatever, its been beat up, but its huge and has everything in it.

on the left: lexmark all in one printer/scanner/copier, battery recharger for my Nikon D50's battery and batteries for my SB600 flash.

1st box: Athlon 2800+, Abit NF7-S, 1gb pc2700, GeForce Ti4200, 60gb and 120gb HDDs. Goes to the white 17" monitor on the far right. generic mouse and keyboard behind monitor.

2nd box: A64 3000+ s754, Asus K8N, 2.5gb pc3200, Radeon 9800 Pro, 200gb and 160gb HDDs, Samsung DVD burner, Lite-on CD burner. Goes to black Viewsonic E90fb 19" CRT in the middle. keyboard is a smaller HP keyboard that i've had for years and LOVE. Just cleaned it actually. Mouse is a Logitech MX300 that I've had almost as long on a fullsize DKT mouse pad.

Yes. My speakers suck. Sennheiser PC130's on the second box, and sennheiser professional headphones are not pictured (no idea what model, borrow them from the local cable station I work/volunteer at)

On the desk: Motorola Razr V3, Olympus D-580 (which kinda just sits there since I got my Nikon D50 and other goodies for said D50), ipod video 30gb on the far right next to my cat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back