2006 Post Your Workstation

Status
Not open for further replies.
veyr nice stuff darth, but may i ask you, why alienware when u can build yourself? must be for the case! :p

I did not feel comfortable about watercooling when I bought it. Things have changed. The Armor-based rig you see here is my first totally self-built watercooled rig:

I am now hooked on DIY except for laptops of course. My next build will likely be an Opetron-based server for the clinic (watercooled of course). I am leaning towards a black Armor case.

TheOneGreatX said:
judging by his post, I don't think he knew how not to
I just didn't think to remove the pics, my bad, just saw the mecca, and had to comment. :-P

DarthBeavis said:
I am now hooked on DIY except for laptops of course. My next build will likely be an Opetron-based server for the clinic (watercooled of course). I am leaning towards a black Armor case.

Do us all a favour and post us a step by step work log of your next project!

Of course I remember you Tman. THis is the third forum I have come across you (others being NBF and SmoothCreations).

Did you hear I got perma banZored from NBF? LOL.

You still have ur sweet painted wave cases?

Just saw this thread, thought I'd post :D

This is my current dorm room set up (as of 5 minuts ago). Laptop is a 9300 from Dell with custom guts :cool:. I'm looking to do something with the outside this summer or whenever I get some time.

DarthBeavis, I always wanted to see the rest of your stuff, that's some awesome gear you have there :D. And wtf? No more NBF? :( I hope you get that resolved.

Yaik said:
Hey macaw,
where can I find an armoir like your wife's?
Where can I find a chest like her's? You know, the kind you fit at the end of your bed to put extra blankets in. If her dresser is of the same make, I imagine it is easy to get into her drawers . . .

LOL. Sorry, could not resist ;)

My new desk and desktop arrangement. (MS Wireless Desk Elite Keyb is RMA'd, so it's generic Logitech Internet Keyb for now).

thrawn42 said:
My new desk and desktop arrangement. (MS Wireless Desk Elite Keyb is RMA'd, so it's generic Logitech Internet Keyb for now).

Whats that box to the right of your laptop? Under the monitor.

Under the right monitor (from left to right):

Delphi SkyFi2 (XM Satellite Radio)
Creative Labs Zen Vision: M (MP3)
Koss Headphones
Volume/Bass Control to Creative Labs T7900 speakers

How do you like your Creative Zen Vision: M? I'm thinking of upgrading to one from my Zen Micro.

The Vision: M definitely rocks. Is it worth the upgrade over the Micro? I think that really depends on your needs as far as size, format, and video capability go.

My actual computer...
01.jpg

02.jpg

HL-2 PcMod...
03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

the computer of a friend...hehehe
07.jpg

my old computer...
08.jpg

my old components
09.jpg

thrawn42 said:
The Vision: M definitely rocks. Is it worth the upgrade over the Micro? I think that really depends on your needs as far as size, format, and video capability go.

I'm thinking about getting one. How do you like it for videos?

Jordan1 said:
I'm thinking about getting one. How do you like it for videos?

I like it quite a bit actually. The picture quality is great. I've actually found some use for it. I put some Futurama episodes on it so far and watch them at work and on the train.

What program do you use to convert video to the player? That would be the selling point for me if anything, to have a program where I can easily convert video to the player.

Where did you end up buying yours? I have yet to find a B&M store in my area that has them in stock.

I use VideoVault (with CloneDVD2 running in the backround for working around the copyright issues) to rip DVDs to my video iPod and PSP. It should work with other players as well.

thrawn42 said:
I like it quite a bit actually. The picture quality is great. I've actually found some use for it. I put some Futurama episodes on it so far and watch them at work and on the train.

Thanks. I'll probably get one them or a 4GB CF card for my VGA Pocket PC...not sure if I want to spend $135 just for 4GB...

O'Sullivan L-shaped workcenter.. I think I picked it up from Office Depot for $199 with the 2 drawer rolling file cabinet.

It's my 2nd one of the same. Great desks, however they don't move from house to house very well. I wouldn't hesitate buying one again the next time we move homes.

For those of you with the desk, you definately know where your secret "stash" spot is ;) .. For those of you that aren't familiar with it.. well.. they don't call it a secret for nothing! :p

For those interested my desktop layout from left to right;

Left-Rear channel Logitech z5500
(top) Linksys cable modem, (bottom) linksys 4pt wifi router 802.11g w/ speedboost
springy looking pen(cil) holder
(top) mounted long sword, (bottom) Left-Front channel Logitech z5500
Saitek x52 throttle
(top) Dell 1901fp (bottom) Microsoft Bluetooth dongle
(top) Dell 2405fp (middle-left) *barely visible* Sony memory stick reader, iPod cable, Sony Cybershot battery charger (middle-right) Center channel Logitech z5500 (bottom) Microsoft Natural Ergo Keyboard 4000
(top) Plantronics dsp500 headset, Belkin Soho USB KVM, UT2k4 branded mouse-bungee (bottom) Funcpad 1030, Logitech G5 laser mouse
Logitech mx1000 cordless laser mouse
Logitech z5500 control unit
Saitek x52 joystick
Right-Front channel Logitech z5500
Cork coaster!
Dell Inspirion 8600 lappy
Right-Rear channel Logitech z5500

What is the sword for? Just curious as I train with the gum do (Korean sword basically the same as the samari sword).

DarthBeavis said:
What is the sword for? Just curious as I train with the gum do (Korean sword basically the same as the samari sword).

It's a numbered collectors sword (just for show, not use) given to me by the producer of the game company I work at, for when they shipped the game.

chongo said:
It's a numbered collectors sword (just for show, not use) given to me by the producer of the game company I work at, for when they shipped the game.

You write software?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back