2004 Post Your Workstation

Status
Not open for further replies.
DRJ1014 said:
thats a pretty nice system well compaired to my peice of crap
Just buy piece by piece, the best parts for the current year, and you'll have a decent system. I didn't buy mine all in one fell swoop. :)

You guys have some really nice setups... wow. This is mine. The speaker setup is a 6.1 Onkyo system, next to my keyboard is my decent Behringer mixer and next to that is my Alesis drum machine. I use my computer to play games and record music - I sealed off my closet with egg crate foam and have a monitor in there. Good times. Anyone else here use their computer for home recording?

newsetup.jpg

Here is workstation. I'll be getting a nice new L shaped desk soon cuz I really need more space.
That clear computer is my studio/ recording/ media machine. It was just built so I haven't hooked up my Dj gear to it yet. It's a new AMD Athlon 64 2800+ on an Asus K8V SE Deluxe. For sound I put in a Sound Blaster 2 Platinum Pro. Right now i'm just controlling it using Remote Desktop and Remote Admin for shutting it down and restarting. LCD is soon to come though with the new desk.
The aluminum computer is my main gaming rig as seen in my sig.
The junker Dell is not being used right now, but will soon be my Linux web and mail server. That's just a PIII 500.

desk01.jpg

desk02.jpg

Here is my new Sony 42" LCD projection TV with 5.1 DVD Dream System, Dj gear and gaming consoles.
I will also be upgrading the Dj gear to a two new Numark CDX and a bigger TV stand.

hometheatre.jpg

Just got my new Sony LCD (SDM-HS93). I think this one is a keeper.

In a few days ill be in college, so il update my workstation pics.

comp10.jpg

comp11.jpg

lol jeeves, me and tyler have more than a year on you guys on these forums, we just never post :)

Hazards said:
lol jeeves, me and tyler have more than a year on you guys on these forums, we just never post :)

Well this is the first I have scene of of either of you. Mabey you two should post more often :rolleyes:

JEEVES

sdk said:
one day, i'd get pissed of yell, wow, and fling my arm out and it would smack that fish tank
haha, the funny thing is, ive hit it a few times. ^_^

enforcer17 said:
Here is my new Sony 42" LCD projection TV with 5.1 DVD Dream System, Dj gear and gaming consoles.
I will also be upgrading the Dj gear to a two new Numark CDX and a bigger TV stand.

hometheatre.jpg

Nice... I got a 60' of the exact same Sony. It kicks ass.. I'm still waiting to try out DVI :eek:

Here is mine:

case223.jpg

Specs:

Abit IC7-G
P4 2.4C @ 3.0Ghz w/ Zalman CNPS7000-AlCu & Artic Silver 3
Corsair 512MB TWIN-X 3200LL 2-5-3-2 GAT: A/A/A/D/D @ 2.7V
ATI All-In-Wonder 9700 Pro w/ Arctic Cooling VGA Silencer
Maxtor 120GB 7200RPM 8.9ms ATA133 w/ 8MB Cache
LiteOn 16X DVD-ROM
LiteOn CDRW 52X/32X/52X
Logitech Z680 5.1 505W RMS
Logitech Cordless MX Duo
LG F900P 19" CRT 1280 x 960 @ 100Hz
Antec TruePower 380W
Antec Sonata Case
Ratpadz GS Mousepad
Windows XP Pro SP2

R@Mo said:
Here is mine:

case223.jpg

Specs:

Abit IC7-G
P4 2.4C @ 3.0Ghz w/ Zalman CNPS7000-AlCu & Artic Silver 3
Corsair 512MB TWIN-X 3200LL 2-5-3-2 GAT: A/A/A/D/D @ 2.7V
ATI All-In-Wonder 9700 Pro w/ Arctic Cooling VGA Silencer
Maxtor 120GB 7200RPM 8.9ms ATA133 w/ 8MB Cache
LiteOn 16X DVD-ROM
LiteOn CDRW 52X/32X/52X
Logitech Z680 5.1 505W RMS
Logitech Cordless MX Duo
LG F900P 19" CRT 1280 x 960 @ 100Hz
Antec TruePower 380W
Antec Sonata Case
Ratpadz GS Mousepad
Windows XP Pro SP2
OOO whos the chick in the picture?

lol I knew somebody would say something about that. That's my fiancée. We've been together 3 yrs. :)

hehe. i bought it @ ikea.

alot of the parts i have in my system were ordered from newegg. Great site and nice RMA service.

Pretty soon I'm getting a 19' Sony Trinitron (1600x1200 goodness), so that's about all the changes that will be made. Also, a new PPA in a sexy par metals case will be sitting there in a few months:)

P1010139.jpg

P1010141.jpg

edit: Looks like I snuck in the pic too:)

Thaddy said:
Pretty soon I'm getting a 19' Sony Trinitron (1600x1200 goodness), so that's about all the changes that will be made. Also, a new PPA in a sexy par metals case will be sitting there in a few months:)

P1010139.jpg

Nice desk, I have the same one :D, but I had to take down the top shelf (The one your monitor sits on) because my 19in wouldn't fit :p

Thaddy said:

P1010139.jpg

P1010141.jpg

is that a banana holder that your headphones are hanging from?

stearnum said:
is that a banana holder that your headphones are hanging from?
Yeah, I got it at Wal-Mart and painted the hook to match my HD580's, since it was originally the color of a banana:(

I like some of these dual-monitor setups, I'm hoping I have enough room on my top shelf for this 19 incher!

killahgrag said:
As an aside... I just thought you all would appreciate this. This picture is what I see whenever I drive towards the capitol building here in Tallahassee, FL. Yes, this is actually a picture of the real State of Florida capitol building. Nice, huh? The tall building in the back is the new capitol, the one in front is the old capitol, and the two domes are the Senate and House of Representatives buildings. I can't herlp but a least chuckle whenever I see this, either in person or in pictures. Enjoy!! :eek:
tally-capitol-building2.jpg

lol just saw this, how old are you man? i am not far from the capitol. lol small world.

Hey, couldn't fall asleep and I've been mesmerized by looking at all the spectacular case mods on this site over the past few days. Looking around this thread I've noticed something... it seems that many, many people have Logitech cordless duo's. I got one a few months ago and I know I love them more than anything. Is the cordless duo just the thing to have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back