2004 Post Your Workstation

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys make it seem like a basement is GODLY..... what's so special about a basement.

I, having one myself, don't see what makes it so special, (execpt that it stays cool in the summer........ but damp as [H]ell)

Originally posted by G-Bull
Nice, Phatalboom. I'm currently building my new comp right now and I have a fully acryllic case. I was curious as to what the finished product might look like. Is yours UV reactive? If so, do you have a pic with the UV on?

Naw, it's not UV. I have white LED fans in it..

Originally posted by aaacbada
i have the best of both worlds. having a window outside and being in the basement :D . here's the pics.

main rig:

main.jpg

I spy Corona Extra. Yummy corona. Also do you have your satellites mounted upside down on the ceiling? How's that working for you?

RandyC, I HAVE A SUBLIME POSTER LIKE YOURS!

its the 40oz to freedom one but the sublime logo is on the bottom and has flames and it also says "Just let the lovin take ahold" on it, and its UV reactive, i would post pics, but no digi cam

Originally posted by eL c0L0mb1aNo
I spy Corona Extra. Yummy corona. Also do you have your satellites mounted upside down on the ceiling? How's that working for you?

hehe...yes i have one (back right) of the satellites mounted upside down on the ceiling. i couldn't get a good position with the speaker on the ground (ie. speaker stand), so i just mounted it up there. it works out surprisingly well. i imagine i could get the sound to be better if the speaker was close to me, but like i said, it works out pretty well.

also rpc180 sweet blue lamp.

imagine slick glass desk.

CANiSLAYu thanks for the pic of the center channel on the z-680s having no cover. i didn't realise it came off until now lol.

Originally posted by i3lacKnyte
probably depends on the fur, i have an american short hair kitty and she works fine. you can even hear little pops too when it happens. hmmm, maybe your cat is broken? sounds like it is time for an RMA :D

lol!

Warranty expired....

Bah.. I'm still jealous of all you guys with these nice basements to work in. I'm stuck with cold concrete floors and these wonderful foundation walls. :p

Although, I guess i can't complain too much, cause the basement really is all mine. Wife only usually comes down here if she needs to do laundery (which it's usually me doing it), or to get something that has been packed away.

You have to admit, you are very luck to have a basement. Just what ever you do dont move to Florida.:D

CANiSLAYu thanks for the pic of the center channel on the z-680s having no cover. i didn't realise it came off until now lol.

lol.gif
same thing happened to me. It took me about 5 or 6 months to realize that thing came off. i felt so freaking stupid.

Oh well, i guess some people are viewing this new thread, so i might as well post my pics here. Within the year, you should be seeing my new computer and me changing to college. LOL

comp1

above is the general layout.
comp2

above is my 20g hex fish tank.
comp3

above is my bonsai and sennheiser HD590's
comp4

comp5

above you can see the worst of my wire'ing... not "too" bad... ill suffer...
comp6

yea yea yea, its a dell.... bought it back when Dell was actually a good companie. (so much has changed within 3.5 years, LOL, for the worst that is.)
comp7

above is a pic of my old desktop.... changed it a little, will be updating.

I'll also try and get some pics of my dad's workstation.

Edit: i also now have a rat Padz, instead of the gel mouse pad. I like the rat padz much better!!! (for me, i turn it around 90º for typing, so the round side is face'ing the keyboard, and it fits snuggly! And when i want to play games, i just turn it around and get the full area for those great head shots ^_^.)

towert7, i really like your workstation. thats a huge fishtank. strong desk im guessing?

Huge? no.... not really. Some day i hope to get a huge 200g fish tank (someday). But it is darn heavy!!! like 160 pounds.

Yea, i love my desk, very sturdy.... O' Sullivan. No warping what-so-ever, after about 1.5 years. Now, if only it could hold the weight of my 19" Sony........... without those ugly 2 make-shift wood braces, LOL. Maybe once i get my Flat pannel,,, then those things will be chucked!

desk1.jpg

My desk

gigabyte ga-7n400
xp2200
1gb pc 2700 kingston stuff
ti 4600
120gb maxtor
dual 60gb wd

network.jpg

My little network spot

3chip.jpg

The 3chip. Canon GL2

not to shabby for a 15 year old

i have the best of both worlds. having a window outside and being in the basement :D . here's the pics.

hehe my favorite so far. just dont go crazy down there. lol :p

Hey Nurv, Nice setup you got there...

I take it you do allot of video editing etc wih your camera???

It's good to see some younger people getting into this sort of thing. Im only 14 myself and i do allot of video editing etc.

I will be posting pics of my computers later tonight.

btw, does anyone know where i can host some small JPEG pics???

Thanks

Desk:
Desky.jpg

Living Room:
1920test.jpg

New Hitachi 65" 65S700 HDTV running 1920x1080i

And no making fun of the SpongeBob mouse pad! :p

Originally posted by royjr
Desk:

Living Room:

New Hitachi 65" 65S700 HDTV running 1920x1080i

And no making fun of the SpongeBob mouse pad! :p

You would think with that nice of a tv you would have a better monitor :p

is that computer on the tv running XP media center?

Originally posted by cybertron
You would think with that nice of a tv you would have a better monitor :p

is that computer on the tv running XP media center?

Meh. The monitor is a 22" Dell (Sony Trinitron) and it suits my pallette just fine. You show me a LCD of this size that displays 1600x1200 that costs less than $1000, and I may consider a switch. :p

Originally posted by royjr
Meh. The monitor is a 22" Dell (Sony Trinitron) and it suits my pallette just fine. You show me a LCD of this size that displays 1600x1200 that costs less than $1000, and I may consider a switch. :p

2 words: Dell 2001FP.

Well, it's 20, but still it's real big, and, if you order fast enough, you'll get it for like $800.00. I would order, but have no $$$. :(

Originally posted by Nohpys

BTW: Just me or that Hitachi TV is blurry as hell?

Rest-assured, it's the pic itself. It was a 1/30 exp. done handheld, and I'm not the most steady of people. Also, the text on the wallpaper itself in the lower right-hand corner is suposed to be blurry, albeit the creator of the wallpaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back