2004 Post Your Workstation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by fallguy
mxpxrulzz, you REALLY need to point that center channel DOWN, not up. Just unscrew the two allen screws and flip the speaker the other way. Now it will point towards you, and you can hear it much better.

The way it is now.. is way above your head and not good :(
meh i can hear it fine. i thought about wall mounting it but i'm lazy

i'm sad to say i never really use 5 channels that much anyway :(

Originally posted by blackedge
Slightly changed my workstation. Going to be changing again too now that I got the 19" rack.

workstation.jpg

The one on the right is my Ultra 10, and as of this moment, has been compiling stage one of Gentoo Linux for about 10 hours now.

What is that on the monitor?

Which monitor? And are you talking physically? Or on the display? If you're talking physically, on the left monitor it's a couple of figurines, my center channel speaker, and a red Swingline stapler. On the side it's a piece to one of those things that allow you hang papers on either side of the monitor.

If you're talking about on the display, the right monitor is Gentoo Linux being compiled, the left is... Good question, I'm not sure. I see Windows Media Player, and part of my desktop, can't tell what the rest is.

Here are mine. I have my desktop stretched accross my 20" Toshiba flat-tube TV, my 17"Dell monitor and a cheap samsung I baught used to run Motherboard Monitor 5, Trillian, and Net Stat Live on and for easier copying of files between folders.

pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

pic3.jpg

Here are my system specs since they are not currently in my sig.

P4 2.4c on Zalmon 7000cu | IC7-G | 1gig HyperX 3200 | XPpro | Sapphire 9800np & Rad 7500PCI| Lite-On 48x24x48x16 | Lite-On DVD+/- RW | 80 & 120gig Seagate 'cudas w/8mb | Frozen Acrylic Case w/fanbus (5 fans and CCFL) | Audigy 2 | Logitech z640 (5.1) | Leadtec XP 2000 deluxe | Enermax 460w | Logitech Elite, MS Optical, & n50 Speedpad | Ratpadz GS | crappy old Dell 17in CRT-new one soon | Samsung 15in Monitor |

Messy because of midterms coming up. Busy studying. Sorry for the bad lighting conditions too ;)

f9becab9.jpg

Originally posted by NecessaryEvil

Freki:
Freki.jpg

How's the E-machines AMD64 working out for you? Looks great for the price, but how is it made? sturdy? good finger pad?

Any personal experience would be cool to hear.

Originally posted by towert7
How's the E-machines AMD64 working out for you? Looks great for the price, but how is it made? sturdy? good finger pad?

Any personal experience would be cool to hear.

go look in the Mobile computing section, I swear I have made over 100 posts about this thing!

I'm happy with it...seems well built (once you find one with no bad pixels, that is). touchpad is ok. I hate it though; I much prefer my IBM's trackpoint. But, that wasn't an option..I still have to get used to scrolling on it.

Originally posted by randyc
sobeks setup = sweet

Thanks. I'm surprised nobody noticed my [H] iTouch keyboard mod I did with orange tape. I hit that button at least a dozen times a day to go straight to the forums. I plan on getting a NEC/Mitsubishi DP930SB-BK soon.

I'm jealous of Nec. Evil's dual 2001fp's!

Originally posted by Sobek
Thanks. I'm surprised nobody noticed my [H] iTouch keyboard mod I did with orange tape. I hit that button at least a dozen times a day to go straight to the forums. I plan on getting a NEC/Mitsubishi DP930SB-BK soon.

lol... it's there indeed... pretty sweet mod I must say :D

Originally posted by Sobek

Question: Why didn't you just use the "Go" button on the left?

Originally posted by Nohpys
Question: Why didn't you just use the "Go" button on the left?

I tried that and it always had a popup box where I would have to hit enter in order for it to go directly to the forums. The address was already there.
I also don't feel like messing with it.
The big orange [H] looks cooler IMHO anyways.
I have the shopping and search buttons set to newegg and google. The 3 of them I use all the time so it also makes sense to have them grouped together.

Aside from this horrible old Compaq monitor that has a tendency to go pink, and lack of mini-fridge, I'm pretty happy with my set up at the moment :)

harlsdesk2.jpg

Originally posted by [H]arls
Aside from this horrible old Compaq monitor that has a tendency to go pink, and lack of mini-fridge, I'm pretty happy with my set up at the moment :)

harlsdesk2.jpg

paint your monitor and keyboard.

Originally posted by Moros
What server case is that under the laptop?

It is a DEC Alpha server that has a 233 MHz 64 bit cpu. 128 megs of ram, and a 8 bay SCSI tower (with only 4 drives in it. Debian for the OS.

Originally posted by bgwin
http://www.spitit.com/bgwin/computer1.JPG

family setup :/

How much you want to bet that's not faster then an ISO 100 camera. hehe

Don't feel bad, i have a crapy fuji digicam... ISO of 100 MAX.... cant get a clear picture even with a tripod. ^_~

p.s., that is such a getto chair.... looks like the ones from my mom's work... like the 1980's. I like it.

Originally posted by AMDaddiction
bgwin - nice Eurosport on the ground

my humble abode

Desk.jpg

I have that same monitor as my left most monitor. It was a great buy :D And I have the same mouse. And the same xbox (as if they weren't all the same). :p

@ blix: how do you like that hercules proview lcd ?

i was planning to buy the 17".. so i wanna hear an opinion from a user

thx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back