2004 Post Your Workstation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by cybertron
is that computer on the tv running XP media center?

DOH! Sorry I missed this earlier....

No. I'm running WinXP Pro. I'd LIKE to find a good HTPC front-end, but I haven't found one I like yet. *sigh* :(

We all wish..........
workstation.gif

Originally posted by Nohpys
Best one i've seen so far! Looks so tidy and nice.

BTW: Just me or that Hitachi TV is blurry as hell?

Thanks for the comments, I appreciate it. Of course, it's not always like that , the desk on the left is my workbench area, there's a few comps splattered all over it at the moment. :D

Slightly changed my workstation. Going to be changing again too now that I got the 19" rack.

workstation.jpg

The one on the right is my Ultra 10, and as of this moment, has been compiling stage one of Gentoo Linux for about 10 hours now.

hehe, these are all AMIGA floppys...about 1000 pieces *smile*

anybody want them? i don´t need them anymore :D

I'll see if my dad wants them. He's got about TWICE that amt. in 5 1/4" floppys lol

Originally posted by T-Bird_TS
PDRM0347k.JPG

That's a cool looking dager and acrylic case, got any close ups?

And what does that equalizer do in the back of your room? Is it for a stero system?

desk.jpg

currently slightly more messed up than there right now. Theres a blue light shining blue out back onto the wall. Getting a new desk this week too :)

Originally posted by towert7
That's a cool looking dager and acrylic case, got any close ups?

And what does that equalizer do in the back of your room? Is it for a stero system?

here it is :D

PDRM0356k.JPG

and the equalizer is a component of a 2x100Wsin Amp,
which is for the correct sound when i´m gaming ;D it powers
the tiny quadral loudspeakers which you can find on top
of those bigger canton´s left and right of my two 20"ers :D

PDRM0020k.JPG

PDRM0019k.JPG

PDRM0334.JPG

geez, why does everyone always give me so much crap about having 4 computers, most of you guys do too....does anyone else get flack from family and friends? lol

Originally posted by T-Bird_TS
here it is :D

PDRM0020k.JPG

PDRM0019k.JPG

PDRM0334.JPG

OMG, that is so Godly! The dagger is sweet, and the acrylic case........................ :SIGH:. I wish i had the money to put one of those together.

keep up the great work!

Wheelchair image goes her[/B]

you should do osmething like mod a case into your wheelchair...
your seriously a handicap person right? Why so?

Originally posted by Finsta
Ouch...Harsh.

the ouch part was when i fell 45ft from a bridge. lol.

Originally posted by Benny Blanco
That's him :rolleyes:

Nice setup cybertron, and nice chair as well :cool:

thanks man, now that i look at the pic, damn do i need a new desk lol. I really wanna build this

Originally posted by randyc
you should do osmething like mod a case into your wheelchair...
your seriously a handicap person right? Why so?

I have been thinkin real hard about that. I wanna do something, even if its just a nice mp3 player under the seat. I ride the bus and stuff and this chair gets a bit of thrashing so i dont think a computer would last to long. but i do wanna try and think up something cool to do with it, i got a water bottle and a pouch for my digi cam/cell phone so far hehe, never know wanna your gunna see something u wanna take a pic of. :p

as for the chair, I was riding a dirt bike when the front tire got stuck between two boards and the bike threw me off over the side. I was on a bridge at the time... here

Originally posted by Thaddy
Cybertron, do I see Grado's?

You do! :p my first real hi-fi cans... SR225's :)

Man CyberTron, you deserve a nice U-shaped desk to stuff in that corner. That would look so sweet:)

Also, are you running those Grado's ampless?

Originally posted by towert7
OMG, that is so Godly! The dagger is sweet, and the acrylic case........................ :SIGH:. I wish i had the money to put one of those together.

keep up the great work!

thank you towert7!

btw, the left lianli isn´t empty, it houses my monster-radiator for cooling my server :D

geez, why does everyone always give me so much crap about having 4 computers, most of you guys do too....does anyone else get flack from family and friends? lol

I dunno mate, but my wife gives me shit all the time. And I keep adding more, so it's only going to get worse.

The family isn't too bad about it though, but then again, they know what kind of packrat I am.

But as far as the wife and friends, I always get flack from them. Nowadays, I just tell them to piss off. :D

BTW-- Bummer about the wheelchair mod to yourself. After seeing the pic of that bridge, all I can think to myself is wow. But, sounds like you were damned lucky after that fall regardless.

Nice system setup you got there! Nice and clean too!

Cheers!

Originally posted by Thaddy
Man CyberTron, you deserve a nice U-shaped desk to stuff in that corner. That would look so sweet:)

Also, are you running those Grado's ampless?

yeah, in my last post i put a link up for this L shaped desk that i like alot. i am having a hard time locating desks like the ones i see on here. very nice stuff. Also, the grado's are ampless for the time being. I am low on dough so i just have them plugged into my kenwood receiver for now. i want to build an amp, but i just havent the time or the soldering iron, i know a cheap item so i might just got for it and work on it in my spare time. i'm the kinda person who likes to start and finish something though so i dont know how well that will work out. hehe. i'll most likely find one i can buy off head-fi for around $50

Originally posted by blackedge
I dunno mate, but my wife gives me shit all the time. And I keep adding more, so it's only going to get worse.

The family isn't too bad about it though, but then again, they know what kind of packrat I am.

But as far as the wife and friends, I always get flack from them. Nowadays, I just tell them to piss off. :D

BTW-- Bummer about the wheelchair mod to yourself. After seeing the pic of that bridge, all I can think to myself is wow. But, sounds like you were damned lucky after that fall regardless.

Nice system setup you got there! Nice and clean too!

Cheers!

Thanks man, and yeah after the fact i looked at the bridge and was like, WTF was i thinking, but I was just following my cousin so ya know. first time on a dirt bike. although i was a daily driver of a CBR600F1 very different bikes.

and thanks, its screaming for a new desk though hehe. :D

Originally posted by Regime|Life
http://www.outeraspects.com/files/desk 1.jpg

now thats the kinda desk i need. hehe. where did you pick that up?

This site might not have the "best" prices, but if your having problems finding a good desk.... here you go.

http://www.osullivan-furniture-online.com/

then just click on computer desks. You can expect to pay around 100-400$US depending on what you get.
I recommend O' Sullivan because i have had very good experiences with their products. Super sturdy and made to last. Granted that they are fake wood, but still........... you save a lot of money this way ^_^ !!

~hope this helps.

mxpxrulzz, you REALLY need to point that center channel DOWN, not up. Just unscrew the two allen screws and flip the speaker the other way. Now it will point towards you, and you can hear it much better.

The way it is now.. is way above your head and not good :(

Originally posted by fallguy
mxpxrulzz, you REALLY need to point that center channel DOWN, not up. Just unscrew the two allen screws and flip the speaker the other way. Now it will point towards you, and you can hear it much better.

The way it is now.. is way above your head and not good :(

Hmm...I just tried flipping the center channel speaker ( i have the same set of speakers) and it points straight up...For it to point at me, it would have to be wall-mounted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back