174.74 Beta

polive

[H]ard|Gawd
Anyone using it? Post your results here. I might give it a whirl, just got a new 8800GTS 512. I'm still using the last official driver from Dec 07.

174.74 is now official WHQL, but only released for use on the 9 series cards. However you can easily get a set with modded infs to support all cards.

They seem to work fine with my new 9800GTX I purchased on launch day, but I haven't tried any other drivers yet... :p

You wanna see if they are any better?

Take five minutes and install them yourself.

Anyone using it? Post your results here. I might give it a whirl, just got a new 8800GTS 512. I'm still using the last official driver from Dec 07.

You wanna see if they are any better?

Take five minutes and install them yourself.

It'll be 5 mins well spent, they're much better :) Just remember to remove the old ones with the freely available 'Driver Sweeper'.

There's a good thread about them here: http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=257650

installed these for the 512 GTS and they work fine.
worth it IMHO
especially with the problems that were happening with 16x.xx ones

The beta 174.74s were crashing GRAW2 for me. I'd get into the game, load into the leve, CTD.

I suspect they were also crashing CoD4 but I haven't tried playing it since I went back to the 169.44 betas. I would get a Create2DTexture error when I tried starting the game.

I loaded the Beta version for my Triple SLi 8800 GTXs.
Loaded without a problem and runs smooth.
I am currently playing GRAW 2 and it runs perfectly.
Is it any better than the 169.44??? Cant really say, but no problems on my end so far.

I loaded them up the other night and I noticed a big difference in TF2 and NFS:pS...games where alot smoother and no more glitches in NFS. I might of gained a few FPS in TF2 but it bounces around so much its hard to tell...definatly feels smoother.

Ohh and Im using a pretty old card (7950GX2) and even though I got a warning from windows when installing the drivers.

I've been playing COD4 for an hour and game seems smoother than the 169.21s.

GPU-Z.jpg

I've been playing COD4 for an hour and game seems smoother than the 169.21s.[/IMG]

I've noticed that games do seem smoother for the most part over the 169.21's. Crysis does show the most notable gains so far.

I've been playing COD4 for an hour and game seems smoother than the 169.21s.

GPU-Z.jpg

Dude nice OC on your card there. Do you have aftermarket cooling? My stock GPU is 678 MHz, I bumped it to 701 or something, mem to 1000.

Dude nice OC on your card there. Do you have aftermarket cooling? My stock GPU is 678 MHz, I bumped it to 701 or something, mem to 1000.

Doubtful. Those aren't necessairily 'typical' results, but the 8800 GTS 512MB is known to go higher. The stock cooler is very effective.

I lost about 1k on 3Dmark with 174.74 installed, so I went back to 169.44 which has been the best for my system so far.

8800 GT SLI w/Vista32

I lost about 1k on 3Dmark with 174.74 installed, so I went back to 169.44 which has been the best for my system so far.

8800 GT SLI w/Vista32
3DMark is garbage. What about games, did you see your FPS drop?

Dude nice OC on your card there. Do you have aftermarket cooling? My stock GPU is 678 MHz, I bumped it to 701 or something, mem to 1000

I can get the core just over 800 and the memory 1103. The stock cooler is pretty good. The Lian case is awsome to, 120mm fan blowing mostly under the card. Maxed out res, my temps are 46C to 50C, thats with the cards fan at 100%.

Haven't run 3DMark06 with these drivers, did 16311 w/169.21s, but whats most important is the gaming.

3Dmark may be garbage, but at least it is quantitative, it gives you a difference in numbers that you can see.
Honestly I didn't game with 174.74 installed, but I may try them again or go back to the latest WHQL ones for stability.

Can anyone comment on the driver stability of 174.74?
I'm sick of NVLDDMKM.SYS bluescreens.

No issues with 174.74 here -- running them for a week on a MSI P7N Diamond, then an XFX 780i, with a pair of 8800 GTXs.

thier point was is that you cant determine all performance solely on 3dmark. new drivers are optimized for games not 3dmark....

Does anyone know of standardized game benchmarks you can d/l to compare drivers other than 3dmark/crysis?

Does anyone know of standardized game benchmarks you can d/l to compare drivers other than 3dmark/crysis?

The World In Conflict demo has a canned benchmark, but I am not sure how representative it is of actual game play.

My machine is down, awaiting a replacement for the GPUs' failed water pump, but I will be installing these drivers as soon as I get it back to running properly.

Hacked the INF and installed them on a GeForce 7600Go. So far, so good, and they work with the new stereo 3D driver supplement :D

F.E.A.R. also has a benchmark.

CoD 4 works fine now with the older drivers also. So nobody else had problems?

how well does this driver work for stalker does it cause it to have bsod like the 163-9.drivers or are they all fixed by now

The driver has been fine for me, I'm running two 8800GTS cards. No BSODs either, or any other lock-ups or anything.

well i just had one in stalker about 20 minutes into it and that is just to pathetic that time beat the previous drivers by an hour

The driver has been fine for me, I'm running two 8800GTS cards. No BSODs either, or any other lock-ups or anything.

well have you tried them in stalker that is the only game i have that gets the bsod in it all others(about 15 current gen titles) play fine with no locks or crashes.

Also are you using the 320 or 512 models

well have you tried them in stalker that is the only game i have that gets the bsod in it all others(about 15 current gen titles) play fine with no locks or crashes.

Also are you using the 320 or 512 models

Haven't tried that game yet, no. I have the 512 models. I've tried many games already, and they've all worked great with that driver.. so maybe it IS just Stalker that is the problem afterall?

Been running the 174.74 betas on my eVGA 8800GT Superclocked for about a week now. So far I've played Bioshock, Crysis, TF2, COD4, and Assassin's Creed with no issues whatsoever.

I still have 10 more games to try with them but I haven't gotten around to it...damn COD4 and TF2 has been keeping me busy. :D

I have installed these and in UT3, I have noticed a huge performance increase when forcing AA through the Control Panel.

thier point was is that you cant determine all performance solely on 3dmark. new drivers are optimized for games not 3dmark....

Yup, it was last year or even before that NVIDIA told the public there would be no more driver updates directed against 3Dmark and any flux is just a coninsidence...

Preformance increase/decrease in 3D-shitty-marks tells absolutely NOTHING about FPS in games.

I heard the 174.85 beta is doing well with compatibilities out there. Would anyone like to share?
Both 174.74 and 174.85 give me the CTD, Screen flicker then crash, and NVLDDMKM.SYS BSoD's. 169.44's did NOT cause these issues.

Back