120 core PC

Woooooah, pretty crazy. I'd like to see more pictures, couldn't find any on the site. Though I did only search for like 5 seconds, admittedly.

Can it play Crysis?

It has the same GPU as a GTX 285, so probably, although certainly not as well as a newer gaming system. Only one GPU for the whole system. Oh, and you can only run nine nodes if there's a graphics card in one of them.

At first looking at the back ends of the motherboards, and seeing the assive heatsinks I thought it was some kind of atom setup...but it's xeons! I'd be worried about it cooking itself. Would be nice to liquid cool 20 CPUs :D

At first looking at the back ends of the motherboards, and seeing the assive heatsinks I thought it was some kind of atom setup...but it's xeons! I'd be worried about it cooking itself. Would be nice to liquid cool 20 CPUs :D
That's 120 CPUs. Think of the loop needed for that....

That's 120 CPUs. Think of the loop needed for that....

Easy! (its only 20 Hex core CPUs)

Pump > Xeon 1 > Xeon 2 > Triple 120mm Rad > Xeon 3 > Xeon 4 > Rad > T (to Res) > Repeat 5 times!

Put the 10 Radiators in an external case. With 6ft Head pumps easily enough pressure for 4 mid flow blocks and 2 radiators per pump. Tempretures equilize in water loops anyway so the order doesn't really matter.

5 Pumps
20 CPU blocks
10 Radiators (doubles might even work)
5 T lines
1 Top mounted Resevoir (with Y lines branching to all the T's)
Some tygon.

Would be fun to do :D

You want liquid cooling? Just immerse the whole think in a Flourinert waterfall...

If this is a cluster, it will not be able to fold yet. I am not sure if it is a cluster like the Cray supercomputer though.

If this is a cluster, it will not be able to fold yet. I am not sure if it is a cluster like the Cray supercomputer though.

lol... the cray just has software to spread across the cluster...
this is just a blade setup...
I work with lil guys like that... but in a slightly different form factor... right along the same density... though if you used the magnycours blades instead you could have 240cores in the same space...

Whoa!!! my dad use to work for this company when they were in Mountain View, CA back in the 90's. Man how times have changed, glad to see they are back up on their feet.

I will always remember SGI company parties, they reserved Marine World, Great America and gave free entry tickets to all employee's and their families to Disneyland in the 90's.

Crazy nice computer, interesting design too, fitting all the things in that small space.
But how hard it is to write a program to use all 120 cores?

Alright, who's going to be the one to ask a sales rep how much this monster is?:D

It's not a PC, you lie!

Depends on how you define PC.

Most people on here seem to define PC as "IBM PC Compatible", which is an x86 based DOS/WINDOWS/LINUX machine.

The alternate definition of PC is a Personal Computer.

By this definition even a Mac or this monstrosity qualifies as a PC, as long as it is intended for one person to use at a time, it is personal (as opposed to some sort of server)...

lol... the cray just has software to spread across the cluster...
this is just a blade setup...
I work with lil guys like that... but in a slightly different form factor... right along the same density... though if you used the magnycours blades instead you could have 240cores in the same space...

OK, Phew! I got confused just looking at the thing and thought it may have been like the Cray. Oh well! I learned something about the Cray and Blades today! Thanks Patriot! :)

Easy! (its only 20 Hex core CPUs)

Pump > Xeon 1 > Xeon 2 > Triple 120mm Rad > Xeon 3 > Xeon 4 > Rad > T (to Res) > Repeat 5 times!

Put the 10 Radiators in an external case. With 6ft Head pumps easily enough pressure for 4 mid flow blocks and 2 radiators per pump. Tempretures equilize in water loops anyway so the order doesn't really matter.

5 Pumps
20 CPU blocks
10 Radiators (doubles might even work)
5 T lines
1 Top mounted Resevoir (with Y lines branching to all the T's)
Some tygon.

Would be fun to do :D

I like the way the Iceotopes look. I'd like to do that.
If you haven't seen it, Google it, it looks pretty good.

A little oil and it's in business.

I am of course talking about the datacenter product and not the women's hockey team.

Well then.... I'll just pick my jaw back up now....

I'll admit..I'd want it just for the hell of wanting it...and perhaps SOME bragging rights!

Interesting, I was looking for a faster rig to play Minecraft on!!

Back