1000 Xbox 360's $100 Amazon.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
mknawabi said:
@m3t4lh34d: does it occur to you that people post those insane prices so that the seller just wont sell it?

come on. at entensity forums, a group is collecting together and we are stopping these sales from happening via bidding insane amounts :D

If we includes you, then you sir, are an asshole.

mknawabi said:
@m3t4lh34d: does it occur to you that people post those insane prices so that the seller just wont sell it?

come on. at entensity forums, a group is collecting together and we are stopping these sales from happening via bidding insane amounts :D

What the hell is wrong with you? Why would you do such a thing?

I meant to try for this deal, but we finished eating at 1 and by 1:15 when I got to my PC they were long since sold out.

I'm not really pissed that I didn't get an Xbox Core....I'm pissed that I didn't even get a chance because their servers can't handle it. :rolleyes: Of course same thing with my futile attempts to download an HD movie on Xbox live..

I got a kickass 10mbps internet connection, I even defragged my 10000rpm raptor HD prior to tackling this biatch. BUT Then AT 10 minutes to 2 my pc wouldn't even load up/refresh the amazon.com home page. :mad: It was probably less than a thousand units anyhow. Good luck to the lucky 25 winners. :cool:

i sent amazon a NASTY email regarding this bullshit method of putting a high demand item up on their shitty servers and not being ready for it. Cant remember what I exactly wrote, but you get the idea. Venting about being pissed about not even getting a CHANCE to order one...

here's my reply:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for contacting us at Amazon.com.

Unfortunately, our supply of some items is limited and these
products sell out quickly.

I am very sorry that you were not able to place your order before
our supply ran out.

Please note that when more number of people try to view one
particular page on our website then, due to heavy load on the server
you might have faced this problem. This is very rare senarios where
our customers are not able to view any page on website.

I have checked the item on our website and see that this offer was
for specific time and I am extremely sorry that you cannot avail
this offer.

However, Rest be assured that we are here to make things easy for
you.

I will be sure to pass this information to our technical department
in our company for consideration. Customer feedback like yours is
very important in helping us continue to improve the selection and
service we provide.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.
We appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon at
Amazon.com.

Please let us know if this e-mail resolved your question:

If yes, click here:
http://www.amazon.com/rsvp-y?c=whcgrtdy3347710248
If not, click here:
http://www.amazon.com/rsvp-n?c=whcgrtdy3347710248

Please note: this e-mail was sent from an address that cannot accept
incoming e-mail.

To contact us about an unrelated issue, please visit the Help
section of our web site.

Best regards,

Shilpa Kanna
Amazon.com Customer Service
http://www.amazon.com
==============================
Check your order and more: http://www.amazon.com/your-account

> Date: Thu Nov 23 19:18:07 UTC 2006
> Subject: Placing an Order
> To: ]
> From:
>
> ---------------

> COMMENTS: Amazon's USERS VOTE xbox 360 deal was utter BULLSH*T.
You need to > get better servers to handle how many people you freakin KNEW were
gonna HAMMER your site at 10:59:59am PST.
>
> UNREAL.
>
> AMazon has just lost ALL of my business for the future
> ---------------
>

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
This was a really hot fucking deal. :rolleyes:

I can't wait till next years amazon deal:

500 PS3 consoles $100!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

thunderstruck! said:
Stop crying. You expected everyone to get a 360? Seriously, that's just retarded.

You'd think all these people never tried to call Ticketmaster when some huge event goes on sale, busy signals are common. Maybe I should show up at Best Buy at 5am and complain because all those people in front of me made it impossible for me to get through the door the second they opened so I could get one of those $350 laptops.

thunderstruck! said:
Stop crying. You expected everyone to get a 360? Seriously, that's just retarded.
You are correct. However, people are still very disappointed because one always thinks that he/she will be lucky...

I went to turn on my computer to try to get one and the power button on my computer broke. I took it as an omen and went to my aunt's house for Thanksgiving dinner.

Well myself I tryed and got as far as getting the promo code an than next page saying Sorry Item sold out so I can see how some people are upset how this thing was done on the other hand my old Xbox is still fun and games are only $10.00 our less now for the old system so maybe when the 360 hits $150 our less i will buy one.

lol @badger......thats when you just walk away

i tried, sat on a refresh page for 20 mins no joke. I dont care that i didnt get one, but im pissed because you and i both know a good chunk of those people are going to go on Ebay and sell those for 3x the price. IMO, stay out if you are just in for a quick buck. I would have actually used it, i think its crap that people do stuff like that.

alkaline said:
lol @badger......thats when you just walk away

i tried, sat on a refresh page for 20 mins no joke. I dont care that i didnt get one, but im pissed because you and i both know a good chunk of those people are going to go on Ebay and sell those for 3x the price. IMO, stay out if you are just in for a quick buck. I would have actually used it, i think its crap that people do stuff like that.

Most of the people doing this black friday camping are ebay scammers now as well. I googled for black friday in san diego to try and find some info and some ass on craigslist was offering to pay someone $10/hour to hold his place in line.

I was there reloading the stupid page with 4 different laptops.. and 10 different browsers on... such a crap.. :rolleyes:

Yea..a person at my work ...picked up some PS3's and sold them on Ebay for around $1500.00 each..I think him and his brother got 4 of them...and sold them all..good for them...bad for the father that wanted one for his kid for Xmas.

umcpgrad said:
I was there reloading the stupid page with 4 different laptops.. and 10 different browsers on... such a crap.. :rolleyes:
haha yeah... had my 3 browsers open.. page loaded fine, till 10min till 11am... then it all went down hill...didnt see the page again till 11:04...

alkaline said:
IMO, stay out if you are just in for a quick buck. I would have actually used it, i think its crap that people do stuff like that.
Agreed. I'm not pissed that I didn't get one but it does burn me up knowing that most of those will probably end up on ebay.

oddball said:
Yea..a person at my work ...picked up some PS3's and sold them on Ebay for around $1500.00 each..I think him and his brother got 4 of them...and sold them all..good for them...bad for the father that wanted one for his kid for Xmas.

Kids don't need $600 consoles :rolleyes: You're just jealous you didn't make thousands off some dumbass rich people on ebay.

Luxor said:
Totally lame, they didn't even prepare for this.
No wonder I never shop @ amazon.

People complaining here have clearly never bought concert tickets for a really huge high demand artist. This was EXACTLY what I expected to happen. There's no way in hell that Amazon is going to build out their network to handle a load that only happens when they sell items for 66% off (and well below cost).

Besides, even if they'd had enough capacity serve up a page to every star in the galaxy, you still wouldn't have gotten one.

nilepez said:
People complaining here have clearly never bought concert tickets for a really huge high demand artist. This was EXACTLY what I expected to happen. There's no way in hell that Amazon is going to build out their network to handle a load that only happens when they sell items for 66% off (and well below cost).

Besides, even if they'd had enough capacity serve up a page to every star in the galaxy, you still wouldn't have gotten one.

QF[MF'ing]T ;)

inscape01 said:
Kids don't need $600 consoles :rolleyes: You're just jealous you didn't make thousands off some dumbass rich people on ebay.

consoles are primarily made for kids, including the PS3...

ebaying a console is fucking wrong. You prevent people from being able to play the console/games and hold them hostage for an obscene amount. Fuck that.

Devnull said:

ebaying a console is fucking wrong. You prevent people from being able to play the console/games and hold them hostage for an obscene amount. Fuck that.

Please do some research on demographics before you spout such nonsense. The target audience for the PS3 is over 18.

Devnull said:

Why not? It ain't bragging if you can do it. A new sucka turns 18 every day.

dborden said:
he is stuck not able to play online with his friends again. Major depression regarding this situation has ensued
He should see a therapist, not desperately try to snag the latest gaming console.

I tried to get the XBox 360 for my son for Christmas but was also unsuccessful.

I think they price the consoles too high to start with. I know that Sony is taking a loss and will make up for it in the price of the games but it is a lot of money to spend to play games.

I usually buy after they have been out for a while so I am not paying top dollar....but the prices are still high one year later!!

kumquat said:
He should see a therapist, not desperately try to snag the latest gaming console.

If he can't afford a 300 dollar console I doube he can afford a $100 an hour shrink.

I almost got one...... :mad:

I had my PC and my wife had her lappy on. I refreshed at 1 min to, and at that point, some how she had the "Get this deal" icon, but I didn't know and told her to refresh....damn it... :mad:

Devnull said:

Wahhh. Little Johnny only has $600 for a console with one controller and no games and can't have a PS3 this Christmas.

Cry me a river. When I was a kid, the $600 console was the Neo Geo and I didn't get one. I didn't get a $600 anything. I got a $200 Super Nintendo that included one of the greatest video games ever made.

There are plenty of XBox 360s and even a fair amount of Wiis to go around this Christmas. If little Johnny can't be happy with that, I don't have any sympathy for him.

dborden said:
Between myself and my wife, my sister in law and her husband, and my pop in law's wife we can only come up with about 200 bucks.

If 5 Adults combine could only raise $200, maybe spending it on a gaming console is not the best idea.

dborden said:
I will accept donations(paypal to [email protected]) to the "pop in law xbox 360 aging gamer fund(

dborden said:

YOUR PC SPEC's

Core 2 Duo E6400 | GA-965P-DS3 | G.SKILL PC6400 DDR2 800 4,4,4,12 | Creative XFI Fatality | Thermaltake Armor VA8000BWS | EVGA 7950GX2 @ 1400/550 | WD Raptor 10k RPM 150GB | WD SE16 500GB | OCZ OCZ600ADJSLI PSU | 2 x ND-3550A NEC DVD/RW 16x | Razer Diamondback Plasma | Dell 2407 Widescreen | 1M Pi 19.1s | 3DMark2006 Score: 9558

So you can’t afford to buy a $400 Xbox360 but you have the latest high End PC. Dude Your story does not add up, you can afford to spend a bundle on the latest PC upgrade but yet, your entire family can only raise a feeble sum for someone you all claim to love, and then you show up on the forum filled with high school and college students begging for money. Shame!

dborden said:
THIS IS WHY EBAYING A CONSOLE IS WRONG!!!!!!

Crossposting my thread from gaming forums:

My father in law is a hard care gamer @ age 56. I think that is the coolest thing ever being a hardcore gamer myself and only 26. Most of his friends are in their 30s. Unfortunately he does not have a lot of money and neither do I. He just got an xbox classic last year for christmas used. Sadly it was at the end of it's life and all of his friends now have upgraded to 360s and he is stuck not able to play online with his friends again. Major depression regarding this situation has ensued.... I understand what he is going through and I tried everything in my power yesturday to snag one of those Amazon.com xbox 360 core systems for 100 bucks. Unfortunately I was unsuccessful. Now I feel terrible as well.

I really wanna get my pop in law an xbox 360 so he can game with his friends again instead of just going over to their house and watching from afar....

Does anyone know of any great deals on xbox 360 core or premium? Only LEGIT deals. Nothing illegal or bunk(like signing up to become a spam target and gettting 50 other people to do the same in hopes some company will send you one for free. Between myself and my wife, my sister in law and her husband, and my pop in law's wife we can only come up with about 200 bucks.

I am calling on all you fellow proud gamers/geeks/OCers to help me with ideas!!!! Otherwise if there are any well stacked geeks out there who are in the christmas giving mood I will accept donations(paypal to [email protected]) to the "pop in law xbox 360 aging gamer fund(anyone who donates will recieve an email the day after Christmas with a digital pic of a 56 year old man flipping out after opening a present containing an xbox 360!)," however I would prefer ideas or links to spectacular deals like the amazon.com deal yesturday!!! As I said so far we have about 200 bucks in the kitty but need to raise about $450 total for an xbox360 premium + (i forgot the name of the game his buddies all play. its one of those xbox 3rd person shooters online)(sorry im a pc gamer/ps fan myself)

Thanks in advance.... Hoping for some great ideas cause you guys ROCK!

Merry Christmas,

David

funny you have a e6400 and a 7950gx2 but u can't afford a xbox 360??

"I will accept donations"

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot? Why don't you sell your friggin video card or something. I'm all for giving to good causes but this totally sounds like you just want somebody to buy you a 360.

OK SERIOUSLY dborden.

That's lame. "This is why ebaying a console is wrong!!!!!!!!!!"

Check out this guy's post here:
- http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1123203
dborden said:
Before I ebay this thing I thought I'd offer it up here. Sold one already for 1399. Willing to let this one go for 1200+shipping. Send me a PM if interested. No heat but I have an ebay account with 97.3%positive feedback 209 feedback total.

I am including an extra controller and the original receipts from walmart!
Last edited by dborden : 11-21-2006 at 12:26 PM.
- http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1121954
dborden said:
I have 2 of these bundles up on ebay right now but I cannot post the links here.

Just thought I'd throw this up here to my friends at [H]. Looks like Sony missed its mark and won't even be shipping out more PS3s for months. They will be trickling in for a long time.

$2999 for premium version, 3 games of your choice(or a 150 dollar refund), talladega nights, extra controller, free shipping overnight and personal service.

Please don't flame. These things are selling for 3-5k and will only go up in price as we get closer to christmas. My wife and I are trying to buy a house and were lucky enough to be able to camp for 72 hours for these 2 systems.

EDIT: Removed EBAY Links. PM me if interested. Must be willing to chat on phone briefly to arrange game choices etc. PAYPAL or certified check only. Please provide me your telephone number in your PM so I can call you before the auction ends at 1:15am tommorrow morning. I have tons of positive feedback references, etc.
Last edited by dborden : 11-17-2006 at 05:13 PM.

Not to mention - he clearly does not need donations. Do not fall for his sad, sad, saddd story.

dborden said:
THIS IS WHY EBAYING A CONSOLE IS WRONG!!!!!!

Crossposting my thread from gaming forums:

My father in law is a hard care gamer @ age 56. I think that is the coolest thing ever being a hardcore gamer myself and only 26. Most of his friends are in their 30s. Unfortunately he does not have a lot of money and neither do I. He just got an xbox classic last year for christmas used. Sadly it was at the end of it's life and all of his friends now have upgraded to 360s and he is stuck not able to play online with his friends again. Major depression regarding this situation has ensued.... I understand what he is going through and I tried everything in my power yesturday to snag one of those Amazon.com xbox 360 core systems for 100 bucks. Unfortunately I was unsuccessful. Now I feel terrible as well.

I really wanna get my pop in law an xbox 360 so he can game with his friends again instead of just going over to their house and watching from afar....

Does anyone know of any great deals on xbox 360 core or premium? Only LEGIT deals. Nothing illegal or bunk(like signing up to become a spam target and gettting 50 other people to do the same in hopes some company will send you one for free. Between myself and my wife, my sister in law and her husband, and my pop in law's wife we can only come up with about 200 bucks.

I am calling on all you fellow proud gamers/geeks/OCers to help me with ideas!!!! Otherwise if there are any well stacked geeks out there who are in the christmas giving mood I will accept donations(paypal to [email protected]) to the "pop in law xbox 360 aging gamer fund(anyone who donates will recieve an email the day after Christmas with a digital pic of a 56 year old man flipping out after opening a present containing an xbox 360!)," however I would prefer ideas or links to spectacular deals like the amazon.com deal yesturday!!! As I said so far we have about 200 bucks in the kitty but need to raise about $450 total for an xbox360 premium + (i forgot the name of the game his buddies all play. its one of those xbox 3rd person shooters online)(sorry im a pc gamer/ps fan myself)

Thanks in advance.... Hoping for some great ideas cause you guys ROCK!

Merry Christmas,

David

dborden said:
Originally Posted by dborden
I will accept donations(paypal to [email protected]) to the "pop in law xbox 360 aging gamer fund(

Quote:
Originally Posted by dborden

YOUR PC SPEC's

Core 2 Duo E6400 | GA-965P-DS3 | G.SKILL PC6400 DDR2 800 4,4,4,12 | Creative XFI Fatality | Thermaltake Armor VA8000BWS | EVGA 7950GX2 @ 1400/550 | WD Raptor 10k RPM 150GB | WD SE16 500GB | OCZ OCZ600ADJSLI PSU | 2 x ND-3550A NEC DVD/RW 16x | Razer Diamondback Plasma | Dell 2407 Widescreen | 1M Pi 19.1s | 3DMark2006 Score: 9558
I don't know what's worse:
1) The guys selling the console that he paid with his own money on ebay.
OR
2) The guy that is to greedy to sell his own stuff and decide the better route is to ask for dontations so he can accomplish the same goal.
In my opinion you take the cake:) If I were in the same situation I would be looking at my rig and start selling it if it could help out family. I think YOU need to start thinking about the christmas spirit before you start preaching to others to do the same.

What sickens me is that amazon ran a promotion. It's clear it was a long shot, only 2000 units, but people bicker that they didn't win. Sure I'm dissapointed, but it was a gamble. I occasionally play a few bucks on lotto and you don't see me showing up to 7'11 the next day and calling it a sham. In fact, what did you loose by playing the game? Nothing, not a dime (with lotto you have to contribute some money).
So we played the game and we and lost. Better luck next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back