1000 Xbox 360's $100 Amazon.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
{NcsO}ReichstaG said:
They should make the math questions a bit harder to slow down people...
like what's one possible, non imaginary, answer to this 5th degree equation...

Mine was "What is 15 + 2"

Well, at least [H] survived the hammering. Slickdeal's and Cheapassgamers' forum both went down due to this deal.

benthelefty said:
Man that barbie in The 12 Dancing Princesses: Interactive Princess Genevieve "Lets Dance" Doll went fast, but I got mine! Sold out though now!

me too!!

thanks amazon!

My daughter would have gotten one either way, but now my wallet is much happier.

I clicked on a bike and was thinking of buying it, I got to verification page that said 17+16. I paused for a sec, and typed 33. Then it says sold out ahhhhhhhhhh :(

{NcsO}ReichstaG said:

its called a nice and fast calculator :D

sethmo said:
So what should we bid on next week? DVD Player or Drill? haha This weeks items suck.
prime + $100 Toys GC for $40.
just in time to do some online xmas shopping.

salvationpcs said:
its called a nice and fast calculator :D
I know..my Ti-89 Titanium can do it fast
HOWEVER, it still takes time to type it in and take it out..i doubt people would have it prepared for this type of deall....

aznpxdd said:
Well, at least [H] survived the hammering. Slickdeal's and Cheapassgamers' forum both went down due to this deal.

the [H] is very much optimized for stuff like that... you know since whenever intel/amd or nvidia/ati do something their respective forums explode :)

{NcsO}ReichstaG said:

pfff thats easy stuff. Let the smart ppl win only. Dumb people shouldnt be playing xbox 360's anyway. lol

The page took forever to load. like 11:06 it said it was sold out. That sucked.

I got home like 3 minutes after it began and I tried to get to amazon and well...couldn't. :(

Stu55 said:
I got home like 3 minutes after it began and I tried to get to amazon and well...couldn't. :(

Hell, it took me a good 20 minutes just to get to the shopping cart so I could check out. lol

didn't even know about the https servers...I thought those were used only for checking out, didn't know they mirror their whole site on them.

well, for people that used the https servers and got through I say you deserve it.

-fro

I actually didn't even think of doing the https, it turns out that when I was refreshing about 20 minutes before the launch the servers switched to https, I just naturally stayed there refreshing. I tried to test the normal http and it wasn't loading, so I knew I was onto something. I'm not smart enough to have done that on purpose lol

@m3t4lh34d: does it occur to you that people post those insane prices so that the seller just wont sell it?

come on. at entensity forums, a group is collecting together and we are stopping these sales from happening via bidding insane amounts :D

I heard a rumor that some stores like K-mart are selling the X360 core for $120, Can anyone confirm this?

mknawabi said:
@m3t4lh34d: does it occur to you that people post those insane prices so that the seller just wont sell it?

come on. at entensity forums, a group is collecting together and we are stopping these sales from happening via bidding insane amounts :D

Yes, but not thinking about that aspect makes it a lot funnier :D

I did "1-click buy it" about 10 seconds after it went up for 100 dollars and waited the 2 minutes until it finally got to my bought items list.... says 304 dollars for the piece of crap.... PS3 here i come.

the 360 is only worth 100 dollars to begin with so ill be canceling my order

logan1 said:
I heard a rumor that some stores like K-mart are selling the X360 core for $120, Can anyone confirm this?

Yeah, somebody said that his Target is selling them for 129, but then others said that is not true. What is going on?

the X said:
I did "1-click buy it" about 10 seconds after it went up for 100 dollars and waited the 2 minutes until it finally got to my bought items list.... says 304 dollars for the piece of crap.... PS3 here i come.

the 360 is only worth 100 dollars to begin with so ill be canceling my order

The $100 thing was not on the regular product page, plus 1-click buy it negated any $100 possibility.

I say this entire thing was just a marketing scam. They may have given away 25 of them at that price at best.

Anyone know of anywhere else doing a similiar sale? I'd like to pick one up still, even if it's not 100 bucks.

lol... I got one on the way... did the free super slow shipping... estimated arrival is Dec. 5th

pc299 said:
lol... I got one on the way... did the free super slow shipping... estimated arrival is Dec. 5th

I figured for 13.98 for 1 day wasn't bad, mine will be here monday.

Let this thread die already..it's making me sad always seeing it on top...
Opps..i guess this post is not helping it die :rolleyes:

the X said:
I did "1-click buy it" about 10 seconds after it went up for 100 dollars and waited the 2 minutes until it finally got to my bought items list.... says 304 dollars for the piece of crap

Amazon said the one click buy wouldnt work for this deal. The only way to get this deal was to click the link to the vote winner. And supposedly you didnt need to check out right away to get the deal, you would get a code for the 100 dollar xbox 360 and then you can input the code later if you want to checkout instead of taking forever to checkout cause of the high server load.

Yep, they emailed you the code, plus it was auto-entered when you went to check out with the xbox in your cart. They did specifically say that one click would not work as stated above.

SilverSliver said:
Anyone know of anywhere else doing a similiar sale? I'd like to pick one up still, even if it's not 100 bucks.

bestbuy is but you gotta sign up for a phone plan and get the motorazr..the phone is $28.xx+ the plan.. then next month cancel the phone an plan lol

after you get the phone then the xbox 360 is now $99

It usually costs about $200 to cancel a plan, some plans even make you finish paying you contract amount. usually a contract is 1-2 years....So no that is not a good idea.

Egads. Some of you people need to take a step back and look at yourselves.
This was a one-time, limited deal that only 1000 people got. It was pure luck, and nothing more. Personally I know two people that got it, so no, whiners, this was not a scam.
Guess what, I wasn't able to get a Bag of Crap during the wootoff, even though I was refreshing like crazy.
Was that a scam? No, it was just bad luck.

I used https://

right at 11:00 the xbox dissapeared and the top of the page was blank.

at 11:01 i got the ""buy one button" i clicked it, and got the TYPE IN 5+5 = 10 question. checked the box. my hand was trembling. by the time i hit continue it was gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back