1000 Xbox 360's $100 Amazon.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
i was on the https and http of amazon and still didnt get it. Had 5 sites open in 3 browsers, THe only thing I got was forced back to the main homepage, had to reload the ocntest page, when that happened it was sold out.

All this happened in under a minute.

None of my friends got it. 20 or so people all trying to refresh before 2pm and no one even saw the chance to get it

I still call shens

Sparky said:
looks like Amazon got what they wanted. The runner up items are sold out as well. Their marketing dept must be thrilled.

Picked up the Barbie for my daughter. It's no Xbox 360 but it's a pretty darn good deal for $25 delivered. (saved about $15 over a B&M sale)

inscape why don't U grow up and stop trying to talk down to people. IDIOT!

mathot why is the time on your clock 10:09AM? Where are you located?

I am in Alaska.

Pacific time -1

And I had to dance for 5 min, and wait for that page to load for 4...

Wouldn't even load for me...only after at least 5-10 min after the deal was active and gone. :mad:

I guess posting here is madatory.

Amazon is poopy. Boo to Amazon.

Does this fulfill my "I didn't get a 360 and I'm going to pout about it" thread requirement? :D

Funny thing is... if I would have gotten one, I probably would have never played it. Not a big fan of consoles.

anyone wanna sell me there for 200 bucks? tryin to get one for my brother to play while hes in the hospital after his surgery. i might just go out and buy another one but its worth a shot for a quick 100 bucks

So there are 780 people viewing the HotDeals forum here. Most are probably viewing this thread. There were probably more 30 mins ago. And everyone wonders how they sold out so fast lol

Christ we have a lot of whiners.

When places like here, Slashdot, Fark and others get a hold of news like that don't you think it's gonna be gone in milliseconds?

No I didn't get one. Did I expect to? HELL NO.

High speed verizon broadband connection. $100/month
Laptop $1000

My DUN Cell-based connection being faster than amazon?
priceless.

I can't even get in to sign out.

sold out in millaseconds..

I'm reminded of a certain VGcats cartoon.

"FASTEST SELLING TOY EVAH!"
"Yeah, i am a biz wiz"

http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=212

for me it barely even loaded. I got the page that said "get this deal now" and then when it loaded it said sold out. i am pissed

The site was HAMMERED big time.. I didn't get the XB360 but I got the Mongoose Domain Dual-Suspension Mountain Bike for $60.. :D

yeah i submitted the question just as the clock turned 11:01 so i guess i got to the first page just after 11

NY here, started refreshing from 1:45, page stopped refreshing about 1:55, would not load until about 2:20.. what a bunch of bull... on highspeed cable also

Amazon=cheating greedy bastard

They just wanted a bunch of idoits like us to click on their page so they can make $$$$. I'm pissed, i speed home for this and missed it

I got one, I used the https server didn't have much trouble loading at all. It asked me what 11+18 was. I did freeze for 2 seconds there lol

We should have a meet and greet session for those 1000 lucky people that got an XBOX 360 for 100 on Amazon. :)

DolphinAMD said:
anybody on the east coast get one?

i had 2 machines on DSL and 2 machines on cable each with two browsers (opera and firefox) and none of them could even load the page :mad:

DolphinAMD said:
anybody on the east coast get one?
I'm in North Carolina, so at least one person did. ;)

Road Runner (My employer) 8mb connection. Which was already maxed out due to a linux iso download, I didn't think I stood a chance or I would have paused the download. lol

I bet we all really scared some people trying to just get the barbie or the bike for their little ones.

They were like, "Oh gawd the Barbies are going to be sold out by 11:13 and I just got my page to load."

LOL

andyle said:
We should have a meet and greet session for those 1000 lucky people that got an XBOX 360 for 100 on Amazon. :)

Yeah, then the rest of us can beat them up and take their 360's. :p :D :)

I was planning to take advantage of this deal and actually buy hard drive and wireless controller. Now I have to buy it at full retail price :( ah

They should make the math questions a bit harder to slow down people...
like what's one possible, non imaginary, answer to this 5th degree equation...

So what should we bid on next week? DVD Player or Drill? haha This weeks items suck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back