Nexus 4 phone price drop - 8/16gb for $200/250 no contract

I used one of these (and an iPhone 5) for work, really fantastic phone for the price.

just ordered the 8gb one, been wanting one for so long, i dont really need that much space

2 GB.

If you're on a GSM carrier, this is a no-brainer unless you absolutely need LTE for some reason.

This phone can be hacked to work in LTE mode with T-Mobile. In for 1. I want LTE so this will replace my SG2.

Great price for the phone, been using one for a while now. Don't drop it though (duh right?)... it doesn't hold up as well as others in a drop test. Now... nobody wants to drop their phone... but the nexus 4 is really slippery.

Also, get a case.

Paid $350 for my 16g at launch from Google play and haven't regretted it one bit. Awesome phone hands down. Also getting the latest build of Android directly from Google as soon as it's released is a huge plus. Always fun to play with the latest tech. At this price it's a steal for a off contract phone of this quality.

Great price for the phone, been using one for a while now. Don't drop it though (duh right?)... it doesn't hold up as well as others in a drop test. Now... nobody wants to drop their phone... but the nexus 4 is really slippery.

Also, get a case.

dropped mine a few times already, nothing broke yet :D

Verizon, ATT and Sprint are for the ignorant and stupid. No offense but srly? $120 a month? Screw that. 2 year contract, double screw that.

I got my head out of my ass about 4 1/2 years ago and since then I've saved easily $3,500 dollars by ditching contracts and obscenely priced carrier service.

Here in Kansas City and I am sure other large metropolitan areas, there are several resellers that sell service off ATT and other larger carrier networks for $45 - $55 dollars with unlimited talk, txt and 2 - 5GB data.

Yes, same quality of service and in some cases, better customer service. Win / win .. money in my pocket

Run don't walk and get your GF, sister, wife, mom, dad, brother, friends, family, whomever one of these phones and pick up sim card from http://www.straighttalkbyop.com/

Verizon, ATT and Sprint are for the ignorant and stupid. No offense but srly? $120 a month? Screw that. 2 year contract, double screw that.

I got my head out of my ass about 4 1/2 years ago and since then I've saved easily $3,500 dollars by ditching contracts and obscenely priced carrier service.

Here in Kansas City and I am sure other large metropolitan areas, there are several resellers that sell service off ATT and other larger carrier networks for $45 - $55 dollars with unlimited talk, txt and 2 - 5GB data.

Yes, same quality of service and in some cases, better customer service. Win / win .. money in my pocket

Run don't walk and get your GF, sister, wife, mom, dad, brother, friends, family, whomever one of these phones and pick up sim card from http://www.straighttalkbyop.com/

I agree with this. My GF went from $120 a month on Verizon for just her. To $45 a month with an Iphone 3 that was given to her for free, she uses Straight Talk now.

That would make sense if I was only paying for my own service. Many of us are on a family plan. As it is, I pay 150 a month for 4 phones w/ unlimited data and text through sprint.

Verizon, ATT and Sprint are for the ignorant and stupid.

Only verizon gets a signal at my house so I am stupid and ignorant. Oh wait... that would be you for your comment. There are reasons people choose att and verizon (I still haven't figure out why people choose sprint). Verizon is the only carrier that has service all the places where I need service. Now if I wanted to call people stupid and ignorant on the forums and pay money to not get service I would go with straight talk.

Obviously if that's all you have I wouldn't be speaking about you now would I. You should have been able to figure that out on your own lol.

Only verizon gets a signal at my house so I am stupid and ignorant. Oh wait... that would be you for your comment. There are reasons people choose att and verizon (I still haven't figure out why people choose sprint). Verizon is the only carrier that has service all the places where I need service. Now if I wanted to call people stupid and ignorant on the forums and pay money to not get service I would go with straight talk.

Straight Talk can use Verizon's CDMA network IIRC.

Also, Page Plus is exclusively Verizon.

Straight Talk can use Verizon's CDMA network IIRC.

Also, Page Plus is exclusively Verizon.

as far as I know its 3g only though and I can't bring my own device but have to buy a straight talk phone so still pretty bad deal for me personally.

i already own a rooted note 2 with cm10.2 on it, and am looking forward to buying a nexus 5. but I STILL want to buy one of these just for the damn value.

Word. When I moved here over 2 years ago, I had Sprint. In town my 3G maxed out at about 300kbps. Indoors I usually didn't get 3G. As soon as you got about 10 miles out of town (where my wife worked and relied on a working phone), signal would usually drop completely. At the time, T-Mobile didn't even have 3G service here. Sprint and T-Mo still suck here. Both ATT and Verizon had decent service, and both launched 4G here finally this summer. Being forced between the two, Verizon was the obvious choice. I won't be an AT T customer. Thankfully my 2-year contract ends in January, which coincides perfectly with when I'm moving back to Chicago. I'll be porting over to T-Mobile soon as I'm there.

On topic... it is a shame that the N4 never had a CDMA version. My Gnex is starting to get really long in the tooth, but there is nothing better on Verizon that's reasonably priced out of pocket, especially when I know i'm dumping them in six months.

now I can't decide if I want to keep waiting for a moto x or just get a nexus4

God, I might finally have to upgrade from my Galaxy Nexus...

Never have been a fan of LG build quality, though, so it makes me a bit hesitant... and I'd sure miss my AMOLED screen.

I installed the Paranoid Android rom on my Nexus 4 and I feel like my phone is a time machine to the future with holograms and hoverboards and shit. I believe the software support on this device surpasses every other phone if you have any interest in being cutting edge.

Perfect timing! I dropped my GNEX on tile and cracked the screen 2 days ago :(

In for 1, thanks :)

This is true. Straighttalk uses ATT and Simple Mobile uses Tmo and both ar 45/50 bucks a month. Family plans could be the exception but for individuals there's no reason to use the big name carriers anymore with these cheap unlocked phones now.

This is true. Straighttalk uses ATT and Simple Mobile uses Tmo and both ar 45/50 bucks a month. Family plans could be the exception but for individuals there's no reason to use the big name carriers anymore with these cheap unlocked phones now.

Straight Talk uses AT&T and T-Mobile... yes, they are selling T-Mobile SIMs again.

Totally agree though... :D

I'm still rocking along on my $30 / 5GB / 100minute T-Mobile account though. It's just perfect for me because I almost NEVER actually 'talk' on my phone. For people that talk alot you just can't beat the unlimited deal that Straight Talk and the other MVNO's offer.

I've actually been thinking about jumping to Solavei (another T-Mobile MVNO) because their $49 unlimited (4GB HSPA+, unlimited EDGE) is looking better and better... In fact I just looked and they are offering $39.99 for the first three months which is pretty sweet if there are no strings.

As far as bringing your own phone, you heard wrong. BYOP is kind of a big part of using Straight Talk.

http://www.straighttalkbyop.com/

The cdma rules barely allow you to bring your own device, it has to be a 3g phone (pretty much for the last 2 years all Verizon smart phones have been 4g) as they don't sell Sims for the 4g cdma phones, and you can't bring your own iPhone either. That's some pretty big limitations to the point that you have to pretty much buy a phone from them.

God, I might finally have to upgrade from my Galaxy Nexus...

Never have been a fan of LG build quality, though, so it makes me a bit hesitant... and I'd sure miss my AMOLED screen.
I'm in the same boat. My Gnex is still performing well and has been a little tank in terms of toughness. I don't know too many people who haven't cracked the back glass on the Nexus yet. Part of me wants a new phone but part of me would miss my Gnex too much. It's a tough decision at that price.

This should be a nice upgrade from my Galaxy y:

Single core 800mhz -> Quad core 1.5ghz
256 Ram -> 2G ram
160M storage -> 8 or 16G storage.

Wife said yes! In for one!

The cdma rules barely allow you to bring your own device, it has to be a 3g phone (pretty much for the last 2 years all Verizon smart phones have been 4g) as they don't sell Sims for the 4g cdma phones, and you can't bring your own iPhone either. That's some pretty big limitations to the point that you have to pretty much buy a phone from them.

Exactly. I looked into it and can't think of a 3G phone I'd actually use. Since I'm still "grandfathered" I pay $80/month for unlimited 4G data/text with 450 min of voice (plenty).

I don't get service outside of Verizon at my house, so I'm limited with choices. And unlike Straight Talk, I don't run into an invisible wall in terms of data.

If I ever get forced off unlimited data, I'm leaving though.

Back