Recent content by Zukker

  1. Z

    Is an i7-930 2.8 GHz worth anything?

    I suspect the motherboard is non-operational ... no way to test it now ... but the reason my friend built a new system is that this old MB would not post. Thanks to all ... anyone want a free i7 chip and intel cooler? :)
  2. Z

    Is an i7-930 2.8 GHz worth anything?

    Hi and Thank you ahead of time. I have taken apart a friends Dell XPS computer and found the i7-930 chip mentioned above as well as an ati 5770 VC. Are these worth any money these days? He built himself a new system and I have an i5 -4670 K so we have no use for them. Just asking.
  3. Z

    Don't Stab A Phone Battery With A Knife

    Could someone do this on an air-plane ...on purpose ... ?
  4. Z

    What If Windows 10 Fails?

    I had Win 7 on my old machine and when I bought a new gaming rig I bought Win 8 and hated it ... But after a while and Win 8.1 I grew to be okay witht Win 8.1. The tiles bother me every once in a while but I use the desktop most of the time. For me Win 8.1 is stable and runs all the software...
  5. Z

    Bought wrong Kingston HyperX Ram

    I posted earlier about using Kingston HyperX Fury and HyperX DDR3 memory together. I thought I had bought another 2x4GB of identical Kingston HyperX black to match what I have in my computer. I actually bought Kingston HyperX Genesis. Same number except the Genesis model has an X at the end and...
  6. Z

    Kingston C9 vs C10 Ram combination

    Thanks for replying ... I had a hard time finding my original ram but I eventually did and ordered the KHX HyperX C9 version. This, I hope, should be completely compatible with my ram. Must be an older version as vendors do not seem to be carrying it in stock.
  7. Z

    Kingston C9 vs C10 Ram combination

    Thank you, I have voltage set to max. 1.225 V so voltage shouldn't be a problem ... how much of a performance hit would it be?
  8. Z

    Kingston C9 vs C10 Ram combination

    Hello, Got a question about Kingston Ram. I bought 2 x 4G of KHX1600C9D3K2 ram a year ago. I want to increase to 16G by buying another 2 sticks of the same. Unfortunately it has all been B/O and may not be available for a while. Could I use Kingston HX316C10FBK2/8? Would the different C9 vs...
  9. Z

    GTX 760 SLI or but a new GTX 970?

    Thank you ... however I am in Canada ... I do not think that price would hold up and I think I would have to pay shipping ... Living North of the Border does have its downside! Zukker
  10. Z

    GTX 760 SLI or but a new GTX 970?

    Buy most of my stuff from Here: http://www.ncix.com/ Zukker
  11. Z

    GTX 760 SLI or but a new GTX 970?

    Thanks all ... I will wait a bit to see if the GTX970's come down a little in price and then I will replace my 760 with one. The price where I am for a GTX970 is still around $400.
  12. Z

    GTX 760 SLI or but a new GTX 970?

    I am thinking of putting some more video hp into my system. I was originally going to double up on my GTX 760 at about $250 Canadian, however I have read so many good things about the GTX 970 (about $440) that I am considering purchasing it instead. I have single monitor running at 1900 x 1200...
  13. Z

    Power Supply or Motherboard Problem?

    thanks ... I will have a look at some PS this weekend.
  14. Z

    Power Supply or Motherboard Problem?

    Sorry ... my bad :eek:... I forgot NOT ... I do NOT want to put a lot of money into it ....
  15. Z

    Power Supply or Motherboard Problem?

    My son surfs the net and games on the computer. It is an older system (~ 5 years old) with the power supply seeing about 3 years of hard use in other systems. I repeat that I do want to put a lot money into this system, but if is the PS then could I get by with a 500 W one or do I need a 600 W...
Back
Top