• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Recent content by sosolidshoe

  1. S

    Setting up PC to D5520 TV using DLNA?

    Hey chaps, I just bought a Samsung UE40D5520 TV, and the documentation is...beyond basic(instructions for setting up media streaming amount to "plug in TV, figure the rest out yourself noob"), and no matter what combination of search terms I use I'm coming up dry on Google. Can anyone...
  2. S

    Samsung UE40D5520 PC Connection?

    Hey, I'm new to the whole "home media network" malarky, and I'd just like to clarify how connecting up a SMART-TV like this actually works before I fork over 500 quid. First, does it connect directly into my PC, or can it be run through my router-modem? I'm assuming the latter given the TV's...
  3. S

    Setting Up A Home Data Network?

    Hello there gents, I wish to make my digital content available on my TV and Android phone as well as my PC, so can anyone suggest what my best option is to achieve that given that my current hardware consists of the aforementioned, plus a 360 and a wifi network, for the least amount of money...
  4. S

    Baby's First Smartphone

    Woah woah woah, hold on a moment. I've been doing some searching around to try and inform myself better based on the advice in this thread; is it true that Android's Voice Commands feature doesn't actually work with the contacts stored on your phone, as opposed to Google's slightly-scary...
  5. S

    Baby's First Smartphone

    I should probably have left the Apple comment out it seems. For the record, I am sure the iPhone is a fine device, I simply dislike the company's policies and so refuse to buy their products. 0mega: I did try going to a Carphone Warehouse to get some advice, alas what I actually got was an...
  6. S

    Baby's First Smartphone

    So, I am seriously considering taking the plunge and getting my first smartphone. I've spent too long nurturing my burning hatred of Apple to let the effort go to waste now, so the iPhone is out. WP7 looks....limited; I can understand the appeal for someone who wants to just turn on the device...
  7. S

    Resolution issue since new card install(6850).

    As Im using a DVI to VGA, those options are unavailable. Ill try hooking it up with the HDMI cable again and see if that brings up the options you suggest.
  8. S

    Resolution issue since new card install(6850).

    Hey sorry, my bad. AMD Phenom II x4 955 Black Edition MSI C45 Mobo. 4gig Mushkin Silverline RAM. XFX 6850 Black Edition Dual-fan Windows 7 Professional 64bit(fully updated, clean install four days ago) Catalyst 11.4(2D=8.01.01.1142, package ver=8.841-110405a-116954C-ATI ) The monitor...
  9. S

    Resolution issue since new card install(6850).

    Bit of a wierd one, hope you gents can help as I've never owned an AMD card before, nor come across this issue. Essentially, at any 16:9 resolution other than the native one on my monitor(24" BENQ, 1920x1080 native), my display develops HUGE black letterbox bars at the top and bottom and...
  10. S

    Paring Down Windows 7 Safely?

    So you're trying to tell me I should leave it alone? :p Message recieved and understood gents, thanks.
  11. S

    Paring Down Windows 7 Safely?

    So, I just rebuilt my rig from the ground up, and I'm now running a 64bit quad-core and a DX11 graphics card, so I figured it's about time that I gave in and ditched XP for Windows 7. My old XP install was pretty heavily trimmed to increase performance, and I'm wondering if I need to do the same...
  12. S

    GPU Upgrade - Unsure of Options

    Hey chaps, after the sterling aid I got when putting together the other elements of my budget gaming rig, I thought I'd ask for help once more now I've got the cash together for my graphics card. So, I'm currently running; AMD PhenomII x4 995 Black MSI 870-C45 mobo 4gigs Mushkin...
  13. S

    Forcing a failed Win7 install to continue?

    Thanks for answering chaps, I ended up borrowing a hard drive and XP disc off my neighbour, got my important files off my drive, then DBAN'd it and did a fresh install of XP. I'll hold off on 7 until I have the new drive and a DX11 graphics card.
  14. S

    Forcing a failed Win7 install to continue?

    Hey chaps, long story short, I cocked up the installation of my new mobo somehow, and it wouldn't let me boot my HDD with XP on it, so after trying the usual, I decided to just run my upgrade to Windows 7 now(was planning to wait to buy a newer HDD)and get my old files out of the Windows.old...
  15. S

    Upgrade Time: Totally Confused

    Righto cheers Danny. I tried an XP repair install(borrowed the disc of a neighbour), alas that's only bought me access to the drive in safe mode, trying to boot normally gets the loading screen for exactly five seconds, then a short flash of a BSOD and it reboots. I'll just have to wait until...
Back
Top