sosolidshoe
n00b
- Joined
- Feb 2, 2010
- Messages
- 22
Bit of a wierd one, hope you gents can help as I've never owned an AMD card before, nor come across this issue.
Essentially, at any 16:9 resolution other than the native one on my monitor(24" BENQ, 1920x1080 native), my display develops HUGE black letterbox bars at the top and bottom and stretches the image out to the point that about 1/5th is cut off by the sides of the screen on either end. I've hunted through every setting I can find on both the monitor and the new 6850 I installed, and also through the Windows 7 display menues, and I can't find a solution.
I don't think the monitor alone is at fault, as last week running XP and a 9600GTX there was no such issue, but I'm at a loss to figure out the problem.
Essentially, at any 16:9 resolution other than the native one on my monitor(24" BENQ, 1920x1080 native), my display develops HUGE black letterbox bars at the top and bottom and stretches the image out to the point that about 1/5th is cut off by the sides of the screen on either end. I've hunted through every setting I can find on both the monitor and the new 6850 I installed, and also through the Windows 7 display menues, and I can't find a solution.
I don't think the monitor alone is at fault, as last week running XP and a 9600GTX there was no such issue, but I'm at a loss to figure out the problem.