Samsung UE40D5520 PC Connection?

Joined
Feb 2, 2010
Messages
22
Hey, I'm new to the whole "home media network" malarky, and I'd just like to clarify how connecting up a SMART-TV like this actually works before I fork over 500 quid.

First, does it connect directly into my PC, or can it be run through my router-modem? I'm assuming the latter given the TV's wireless capability(bought-separately dongle required, so I'll be using cables), but I want to be positive as my PC only has one ethernet port.

Second, this is never really made clear in the reviews or product spec pages I can find; when it talks about connecting to a DLNA PC, is this referring to a standard, a required programme, or is it just another way of saying "media PC"; I'm interested in essentially making the blu-ray player and my media files from my normal Win7 PC available for viewing on the big screen. I want to make sure about this one especially, because if the SMART business doesn't allow me to stream from my PC to the TV without fannying about with HTPCs or NAT boxes, I can drop down to the next model in the line and get the same actual panel for 50 quid less.

I've got four hours left to order for next-day delivery, so if someone can help me out before then, it'd be most appreciated :D

Cheers.
 
Back
Top