Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.
Built my new system today. M2N-SLI mobo, AMD 6400+, and a 8800GT from EVGA. I get it all up and running well. Then I try to update my video card drivers. Rebooted from the update, i get video up until X64 is finished loading, then blank. My mobo doesn't have onboard graphics so I'm not...
I just saw an ad for this online and was wondering what you guys thought of it. The fact that the website is very basic makes me skeptical, of course...
http://frontdoorsoftware.com/
Well, how often do you use (and how do you like) the couple of things ultimate has that home premium doesn't? like the total pc backup and the remote access thing.
Do you think an OEM of Vista Ultimate 64 would be a waste of money? If you're going to pitch Vista, might as well pitch me a specific edition :)
Thanks again!
Sorry, I posted my spec in another sub-forum and forgot to do so here. Here is the wishlist of stuff I purchased recently. It's already been shipped! :D
https://secure.newegg.com/NewVersion/Wishlist/PublicWishDetail.asp?WishListNumber=6814052&WishListTitle=New+Comp
I already bought two...
No need for the Windows Complete PC Backup/Restor or the Remote Desktop Access features? Vista Ultimate OEM is only ~170 bucks for a 64 bit I think. But yeah, not sure I want to spend that when I'm not sure I'll like Vista. So, are drivers and software widely available for 64 bit these days...
Hrm... too bad I'd have to pay ~60 bucks in restocking fees to switch at this point :( I'm trying to think back when I was comparing intel and AMD... why I decided to go with one over the other. I think I was looking at absolute numbers rather than comparative tests. :( Ah well. You live, you...
Just ordered all the hardware for a new build, and I can't decide on what OS (or OSes) I'm going to use. I'm leaning towards sticking with Windows XP Pro 32 bit just because it's what I'm familiar with. Anyone want to pitch to me XP Pro 64 bit or Vista Ultimate 64 bit? I have this desire to...
I thought I couldn't get as good a CPU (and mobo) for the same price with intel. Want to make a recommendation for a change? mobo has to be sli compatible.
Yeah I got two 320GB 7200 RPM Seagates from Bestbuy.... were on sale during Thanksgiving. I was kind of hesitant about the brand, because I prefer Western Digital, but you know.. can't pass up a good deal. I would have preferred to get a Raptor and then a big storage drive, but decided I...
Just placed an order on Newegg for my next build. Very excited. :) If you're into this sort of thing, would love to have people check it out and tell me what they think. Praying that I don't run into any problems setting it up. This is only the second time I've built a PC from the ground...
Oh, and I thought I might list the items it needs to power.. maybe you could even convince me to downgrade the wattage?
AMD Athlon 64 X2 6400+
ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe AM2 AMD Motherboard
2x EVGA GeForce 8800GT Superclocked 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0
2x CORSAIR XMS2 2GB (2 x 1GB) DDR2...
I know there is another thread about PSUs for the Antec P182 case, but I'm specifically looking for PSUs that are 750-850w and that would fit in the case. I was considering Antec's TPQ 850, but I've heard terrible things about how it doesn't work with nvidia 8800GT cards. A few of my concerns...