High end PSU for Antec P182?

Joined
Dec 9, 2007
Messages
14
I know there is another thread about PSUs for the Antec P182 case, but I'm specifically looking for PSUs that are 750-850w and that would fit in the case. I was considering Antec's TPQ 850, but I've heard terrible things about how it doesn't work with nvidia 8800GT cards. A few of my concerns are:
It seems that most of the high end PSUs have the fan built into the top or bottom of the PSU. Wouldn't that severely impede the air flow in an Antec P182 case, because it would be blowing air against a case partition?

Does anyone know that absolute biggest dimensions that the case will fit, with and without the fan?

Thanks!
 
Oh, and I thought I might list the items it needs to power.. maybe you could even convince me to downgrade the wattage?

AMD Athlon 64 X2 6400+
ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe AM2 AMD Motherboard
2x EVGA GeForce 8800GT Superclocked 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0
2x CORSAIR XMS2 2GB (2 x 1GB) DDR2 800 (PC2 6400)
2 hard drives, 2 dvd burners, fans that come stock no the case plus 1-2 more, plan to add a tv-tuner soon also
 
I use this one. It fits well in it.

Note 1: It hasn't received great customer appreciations for some reason. may be too many defectives.
Note 2: My sig lists just one of my systems.
 
I have a PC Power and Cooling Silencer 750 Quad in my Antec P180 case.
I had to remove the bottom fan before the power supply would fit though. It was no big deal since I relocated the fan to the front.
 
Back
Top