Recent content by ronandownes

  1. R

    Are Hardrives always Hotswappable on ESata

    "the drive wont fail, you will just corrupt what ever data is being writen to it and possibly corrupting the entire partition.." __________________ Sure dont want this to happen... Yes you are correct currently I am not set up for Hot swaps. I am due to reinstal the OS so maybe I...
  2. R

    Are Hardrives always Hotswappable on ESata

    Great to a safe way to proceed is shutdown for reconfiguring in a drive and if I get that message it is hot swappable? Is this a pretty save approach? Dont drives failif unplugged from ata during read write cylcles. By the way why is this such a trastic phenomena? Ronan
  3. R

    Are Hardrives always Hotswappable on ESata

    Am I write in saying one can destroy a hardrive if one plugs it i or out of a sata port while a PC is running. By the same token is it true that one can always hot swap internal Harddrives without any reboot if they are on ESata ports? Ronan
  4. R

    PC performance

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814162022 will replace gc Ronan
  5. R

    PC performance

    Okay, as the system is relatively new can I begin to tweak it without reloading OS? And if so what specific infoo or advice are you giving me on the RAM. Furthermore I have a GC in shipping with 1Gig ram. Do you think it will sort most things out. I am designing wedding albums in lumpix to...
  6. R

    PC performance

    More details about my computer Print this page Component Details Subscore Base score Processor Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz 5.7 5.0 Determined by lowest subscore Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB 5.0 Graphics NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT 5.9 Gaming graphics 2302 MB Total available graphics...
  7. R

    PC performance

    Where to start troubleshooting. I am on the best specced machine I ever put together but it is crawling. I even designed it to be a workstation and limited whart sw was allowd on it. PS cs4, lumapix and photomechanic are now the main players but I is not functional it is so slow...
  8. R

    Headset-Bluetooth for PC audio

    Anyone know how to copy a directory structure without the files inside. Lightroom has made Year then Year-Month then Year-Month-Day folder structure for me of raw files and I want to keep direvateives seperatre but in an exact matching structure. t is very labourious to ask...
  9. R

    Bluetooth headset for PC audio and iPhone

    First off I have never used a headset for my cell phone calls. Want to fix this to fre up my handes but while I am at it I would like to be able to roam about the house while on skype calls. I have a wifi network in the house and my laptop supposts bluetooth. I would buy a bluetooth dongle for...
  10. R

    Sudden Death- No blue screen

    I will tread you to tomorrow. Am I the only one that has screwed up a few sata harddrives by messing up the connection port on the harddrive. Are they not awful vulnerable. By the way my graphics is painful? Like on a 1600X2560 screen working in photoshop adjustement layers te effect by...
  11. R

    Sudden Death- No blue screen

    I do have a superior PSU idle so will swap out in the morning. Will outline spec of both PSUs then once I get a closer look at them. IS there any TEST to see if a MB is still A1? By the way I am running Vista 64 bit. Are there generic tools for reading line stabilities to test the...
  12. R

    Sudden Death- No blue screen

    Lately my PC has started going dead without any last gasp. Just Wham like the power was cut. I suspect power supply What do you all reckon? Asus Pk5C 8 Gb Ram Q6600 Quadcore A DAbs.co.uk PSU that has a high rating but might just not be delivering. Graphics CArd is Nvidea 8600...
  13. R

    iPhone Applications-Can they be shared?

    Just bought my iPhone2 Like it a lot. Started liking the applications. If a pal has a bunch of stuff i like can I log in as him and download hi apps or are apple totally clued into the physical phone via imei ort the likes so threre is no way around it but to buy? Wilder still is there...
  14. R

    Server 2003 for small business

    I have installed a test version on a dual boot laptop as I want to start learning how to runa proper server network for my business. The install is complete. I went through all four disks. What I haven't got a clue about si how to add the ext4a machnes on my network. When i go my Computr-...
  15. R

    Terrabyte drive not loading to ASUS P5KC

    A windows environment upgrade failed. Now it wont post. Can a MB be rendered unusable forever by BIOS loss or can I get back to square one. Needless to say I teried reseting the bios using the jumber and taking out the batery but to no avail. CAn it be that the underlying basic Bios is gone...
Back
Top