Server 2003 for small business

ronandownes

Weaksauce
I have installed a test version on a dual boot laptop as I want to start learning how to runa proper server network for my business.

The install is complete. I went through all four disks.

What I haven't got a clue about si how to add the ext4a machnes on my network. When i go my Computr- properties- change and change the workgrooup to dominan local.smallbusiness I get an error message.

Must the operating ststems ( XP pro and XP64 PRro be reinstalled for all these machines?? there are 5 in total.

Also just for a real small business is it good to go this way. I value the exprerience and technical advancements but if It won't bear any dividents compared to a workgroup then please explain why?
R

1. Please slow down when you type and spell things correctly. It's hard to read.
2. What is the error message?
3. You do not have to re-install the OS in order to add it onto a domain.
4. Do you have the server running when you're trying to add other computers? It's not clear from your post.
5. What are the needs of the business? If they need things like an exchange server, then you may want to look into Small Business Server 2003 (commonly referred to as SBS 2003) as it has more features and is very cost effective.

Back