• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Recent content by OliverBGD

  1. O

    HD for ERP MySQL database

    Hi, Currently I have Mtron Mobi 32GB SSD (yes I know old), Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 500GB 32MB cache and Seagate Barracuda ES 500GB 16GB cache. I would like to know if getting a VelociRaptor 150GB would be better than the above mentioned drives for a ERP software database based on Microsoft...
  2. O

    Just got a Netgear GS608 and I'm still seeing 100Mbit file transfers

    How long are your RJ-45 cables? Where are they going through, any electrical interference close to the cables? Are you using cat5 or cat5e cables? I personally thing you have some interference and should get STP cat5e cables instead of UTP cables.
  3. O

    Panasonic TC37LZ85 NTSC/PAL PLEASE HELP

    I have Panasonic 37" TC37LZ85 which I bought here in US. I will be moving to Europe for a job and I'd like to take my TV with me. I know that North America has NTSC standard and Europe has PAL standard, but can my TV support both standards? Thank you for your help.
  4. O

    24" Acer Monitor - $200 CND

    Sorry I didn't get to update sooner, it's been sold locally.
  5. O

    24" Acer Monitor - $200 CND

    Thanx
  6. O

    24" Acer Monitor - $200 CND

    I'm selling Acer 24" Monitor (AL2423W) because I bought a Panasonic 37" TV which I'll be using as my monitor. Asking price is $200 Canadian Dollars. I am located in Toronto, Canada. My cell is (416) 821-9035.
  7. O

    Panasonic TC-37LZ85 PC Resolution Problem Help

    Thank you guys for tips, I changed HD size to 2 instead of 1 and it'd didn't crop anymore at 1920x1080. It looks amazing when I sit close but if I sit about 8 feet away it strains my eyes when I read text. What can I do in windows to help besides putting text at 120DPI?
  8. O

    Panasonic TC-37LZ85 PC Resolution Problem Help

    Hi, I recently bought a Panasonic TC-37LZ85 after reading great review from people using it as a PC monitor. My problem is that when I put the display on 1920x1080 bottom of Vista Start Menu is missing and text is too small to read by sitting 2 meters away from it. How can I fix it. The only...
  9. O

    Finally I got MTRON MOBI 32GB

    I'M FAMOUS, I'M FAMOUS :))
  10. O

    Have I short-stroked?

    Yes you did it right, and if you decrease the size of C drive from 100GB down to 50GB you will get an even better performance. Just make sure to not use C drive at teh same time as H drive or else you'll loose the benefits of short-stroking. So use your H drive only for storage and when you are...
  11. O

    Finally I got MTRON MOBI 32GB

    SSD don't heat up at all they stay the same temp through out maybe 1-2 celcius higher wh\en used at max
  12. O

    Finally I got MTRON MOBI 32GB

    Here are Atto-256 bench results: (Done in Vista 64bit with NOD32, O&O Defrag, Norton Ghost, Comodo Firewall running in background) Megalomaniac, that's a really good deal where did you find it? I tried Ebay but it was more expensive than buying it from a US distributor :S
  13. O

    Finally I got MTRON MOBI 32GB

    Well finally I took a deep pocket plundge and bought and SSD. The test was done on ICH9 so it is a bit slower but with a hardware raid card it should give you a perfectly straight line with perfect 80MB/sec. The Vista boot is not 10sec like they said but it is twice as fast. Mine loads...
  14. O

    Fastest Single 7200 RPM Drive

    It all depends what you mean fastest. Seek time or transfer rate write/read? For example in most DB work you want access time in video work you want write performance. I heard very good things about Hitachi Deskstar 7k1000 1TB drive (1TB only not 750MB) especially if you short stroke it.
  15. O

    9800GX2 Beats 2 x 8800

    http://www.fudzilla.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=6392&Itemid=1 NOW GO WASTE YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY :)
Back
Top