Finally I got MTRON MOBI 32GB

OliverBGD

Weaksauce
Joined
Feb 9, 2008
Messages
67
Well finally I took a deep pocket plundge and bought and SSD.



The test was done on ICH9 so it is a bit slower but with a hardware raid card it should give you a perfectly straight line with perfect 80MB/sec. The Vista boot is not 10sec like they said but it is twice as fast. Mine loads from first bar until all the start-up programs load (O&O Defrag, NOD32, COMODO Firewall, Norton Ghost, Windows Sidebar) in 16 seconds.

It is very snappy, from internet browsing to opening adobe premiere; and the best thing everything is on one drive (page file, temporary files, OS, APPZ etc..) without slowing it down. My PC has no fan's at all (fanless PSU), so with this little thing I constantly have to look at the HHD led to see it work since I'm so use to hearing my 7200.11 and raptors work. It is also very very small and light, I thought I got scammed when I got the box because it felt like there was nothing in it.
 
What did you upgrade from?

Whare are your benchmark results? Also, do any gaming? How did it perform there for you?


Man a fanless system is a pipe dream for me... that would be so awesome.
 
waiting for the test results

hey olie, i see your a regular posting whore..
posted on storagereview also..

i found that drive for $550
 
Here are Atto-256 bench results: (Done in Vista 64bit with NOD32, O&O Defrag, Norton Ghost, Comodo Firewall running in background)



Megalomaniac, that's a really good deal where did you find it? I tried Ebay but it was more expensive than buying it from a US distributor :S
 
hehe i did a google on atto-256 and within a hit guess who's name came up? Ollie :)
 
@ OliverBGD

You are using a Intel-Chipset-MB, right? And AHCI is not activated, right? This is ypour problem for this bad performance.
Activate AHCI and you get approx. 20MB/s. more...

And i don´t know why, but ICH7R is better than ICH9R. Klick the little pic (it´s ICH7R) on a Asus P5WDH Deluxe)...

http://www.forumdeluxx.de/forum/showpost.php?p=8591232&postcount=2615


i found that drive for $550

A original MTRON 32GB SSD??? Link?
I think >800 dollars...
 
MTRON 3000 - 3 years guaranty
MTRON PRO 6000 - 5 years guaranty and certified for servers

;)
 
is there any reason to defrag a SSD? I don't think file fragmentation would matter at all with one.
 
Back
Top