• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Panasonic TC-37LZ85 PC Resolution Problem Help

OliverBGD

Weaksauce
Joined
Feb 9, 2008
Messages
67
Hi,

I recently bought a Panasonic TC-37LZ85 after reading great review from people using it as a PC monitor. My problem is that when I put the display on 1920x1080 bottom of Vista Start Menu is missing and text is too small to read by sitting 2 meters away from it. How can I fix it. The only resolution so far that is making the text readable at a distance seems to be 1184x666.

P.S. I got prefect sight, I don't wear glasses.
 
There is a size setting in the video menu on the monitor. One setting has overscan and will crop, the other gives you 1:1. Fix that first.

As far as using another resolution. I would suggest scaling the text in windows first or sittng closer rather than using lower resolutions.
 
i have the 37lz800 and sitting about 5-6 feet away, 1920 by 1080. i started with 96dpi and my eyes get tired if i read text for 3+ hours so i change it to 120dpi and it helps alot. the text is still sharp
 
Thank you guys for tips, I changed HD size to 2 instead of 1 and it'd didn't crop anymore at 1920x1080. It looks amazing when I sit close but if I sit about 8 feet away it strains my eyes when I read text. What can I do in windows to help besides putting text at 120DPI?
 
Back
Top