Recent content by naninani

  1. N

    Perl Programming Language Turns 25 Today

    #!/usr/bin/perl print "Happy Birthday\n";
  2. N

    Yamaha Front Surround System + $60 Newegg GC $150

    Probably. I placed my order at about 8:30 AM. No indications at all that it was OOS.
  3. N

    Yamaha Front Surround System + $60 Newegg GC $150

    If you tried to get this deal, check your inboxes or your order status on NE. I thought I got this yesterday, and got notice that the order was voided today, AFTER my card was charged. Pretty pissed about it now. Might take a week to get my money back.
  4. N

    Micro Center (in store) Windows 8 Pro Upgrade Preorder $38.88

    When I went to pick up my copy yesterday, they had copies on display in-store for the same price, so I'm guessing you don't really need to pre-order to get the discount if your local store has copies to spare.
  5. N

    What Do "Normal" People Think Of Windows 8?

    Having worked level 1 tech support, I'm not at all surprised. :o
  6. N

    EA Unwittingly Handed Out Free Games Yesterday

    On the plus side, Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit is actually pretty good.
  7. N

    EA Unwittingly Handed Out Free Games Yesterday

    *walks away slowly, whistling an airy tune while holding 13 games in his arms*
  8. N

    Dell to Offer Windows 7 After Launch of Windows 8

    This has happened before, and it isn't a good sign, really. I remember working for Lenovo when Windows Vista launched. Not long after, we offered a Windows XP image gratis.
  9. N

    Apple: iPhone 5 Defect “Normal”

    You're Holding It Wrong 2: Photographic Boogaloo
  10. N

    So what are your thoughts on the Wii U?

    Based on the launch window line-up, I'll wait.
  11. N

    Project Glass Is Not Enough. Google Patents Smart Glove

    I love my Power Glove. It's so bad!
  12. N

    No Booting To Desktop In Windows 8?

    Just started giving the Windows 8 Enterprise evaluation a go. The "GUI formerly known as Metro" takes some getting used to, but it's not bad per se... just not really optimal for K+M.
  13. N

    Machine Pours Shots Each Time US Wins a Medal

    BBC's coverage of the Olympics has been AMAZING because it's a non-stop, unadultered access to everything the games have to offer. I directly blame NBC for a lot of the ill will being thrust upon this year's Olympic coverage.
  14. N

    Versus XIII Canceled ...

    Update: FFvsXIII NOT cancelled. Haha. CEO Yoichi Wada was like, "What are these rubes talking about? Oh? An internet rumor you say? Good heavens."
  15. N

    Only 3% Of Laptops Use SSDs?

    The first time I put an SSD in one of my laptops, it was like I had been living in the dark and my eyes were exposed to a bright, pure light. It's an absolute necessity for me now.
Back
Top