• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recent content by hmp_goose

  1. H

    House of Cards: PCIe SSD Performance Roundup @ [H]

    Sir? Bootable by what? :confused: One of these would be nice to have on an X58 mobo, but no-one wants to talk about those … :rolleyes:
  2. H

    Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

    Stop me if you've heard this one before ;) :
  3. H

    Detekt: A New Malware Detection Tool

    BSOD 0x124 within seconds of running, on an otherwise stable system. :eek:
  4. H

    Ford and General Motors Sued Over ‘CD Ripping Cars’

    Can't tell if AARC has found a brick wall, or Detroit will just cave to get it over with …
  5. H

    Chrome Browser Draining PC Batteries for Years

    Sooo this trick isn't universal? And it's actively bad for laptop batteries? Or am I mixed up? :confused:
  6. H

    Police Dog That Can Sniff Out Memory Cards

    The way I heard it, most photographers learn slight-of-hand in order to keep the cops from "protecting civies from damage to their calm" … :rolleyes:
  7. H

    Cable Companies Faking Consumer Support to End Net Neutrality

    I find this-here AstroTurf disturbing …
  8. H

    Recommended Video Card for 3dsmax usage.

    Seems to me you are in need of a highfalutin' workstation card. http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/firepro-v3900-review-benchmark,3153.html might not be the greatest first stop of reference, but it is very fresh.
  9. H

    What's the beefiest/ latest PureVideo card with a S-Video port…

    Ah: But without hundreds of dollars for a HDTV, I'd still have the question about the goof-ball converter box …
  10. H

    What's the beefiest/ latest PureVideo card with a S-Video port…

    The relevant things I forget. :o 1920x1080 is the goal; I think I could run 1280x720 before I started tinkering. I've been using the K-Lite Mega, for lack of a better idea; But like I said: madVR calls to me … :p The thing has 4GB of DDR800. (As an aside, I've leared I had the AGP...
  11. H

    What's the beefiest/ latest PureVideo card with a S-Video port…

    … You've ever seen, and can you still get it? :confused: So I'm trying to recycle my ~10 year-old Prescott HT 3.2ghz into something to watch streams (and .mkv) on, along with the big CRT in the living room. Well, still trying, actually … When I first started, there was this phase...
  12. H

    For Sake of Argument: RST and Timeshifting

    Maybe I haven't' looked hard enough, but I don't think I've ever seen any doctrine on letting the HDD on a timeshifting HTPC go to sleep. I presume one doesn't, as it might screw up the the start of any given recording, even at the risk of burning out the drive and losing everything. So this...
  13. H

    Post your Workstation 2012

    [trys to name all the speakers using just The Audiophiliac]
  14. H

    Post your Workstation 2012

    This thread needs moar ghetteo: Two SyncMaster F2380s for surfin' and important stuff, and a good ol' fashioned 1800x1440 CRT for gaming. Add in the now 13-year-old 5.1 speaker set up, and you get Old Skool… And the obligatory HAF 932 off to the side beyond the second, comp-specific...
Back
Top