Mozilla Reinstates Firefox 64-Bit Nightly Builds

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Mozilla is creating a mixed blessing for those of you who thought that any and all support for Firefox 64-bit was gone. The mixed part comes in the form of restored access to nightly builds, but with little chance of ever seeing the version’s release to the general public.

Mozilla is successfully avoiding all that. While some have likely already deserted Firefox after learning of what’s happening with 64-bit builds for Windows, the majority will likely stick around now with this change.

no, its a waste of time and money for them to continue to work on it. market doesn't have a high demand for it if the 32bit works just fine.

I also use it. It's the only Firefox I have installed on my two Archlinux systems.

Anyone actually use FF64?

Yes

Code:
about:buildconfig
Build Machine

localhost
Build platform
target
x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
Build tools
Compiler 	Version 	Compiler flags
gcc 	gcc version 4.7.2 (GCC) 	-pedantic -Wall -Wpointer-arith -Wdeclaration-after-statement -Werror=return-type -Wtype-limits -Wempty-body -Wno-unused -Wno-overlength-strings -Wcast-align -Wno-long-long -march=corei7 -mtune=corei7 -O2 -pipe -fstack-protector --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fno-strict-aliasing -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -pthread -pipe -DNDEBUG -DTRIMMED -g -fprofile-use -fprofile-correction -Wcoverage-mismatch -O3 -fomit-frame-pointer
c++ 	gcc version 4.7.2 (GCC) 	-pedantic -Wall -Wpointer-arith -Woverloaded-virtual -Werror=return-type -Wtype-limits -Wempty-body -Wno-ctor-dtor-privacy -Wno-overlength-strings -Wno-invalid-offsetof -Wno-variadic-macros -Wcast-align -Wno-long-long -march=corei7 -mtune=corei7 -O2 -pipe -fstack-protector --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fno-exceptions -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-rtti -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-exceptions -std=gnu++0x -pthread -pipe -DNDEBUG -DTRIMMED -g -fprofile-use -fprofile-correction -Wcoverage-mismatch -O3 -fomit-frame-pointer
Configure arguments

--enable-application=browser --prefix=/usr --libdir=/usr/lib --with-system-jpeg --with-system-zlib --with-system-bz2 --with-system-libevent --without-system-libvpx --enable-system-hunspell --enable-system-ffi --enable-system-pixman --enable-gstreamer --disable-libproxy --with-pthreads --enable-official-branding --enable-safe-browsing --enable-startup-notification --disable-gio --disable-gconf --disable-gnomevfs --disable-crashreporter --disable-updater --disable-tests --disable-mochitest --disable-installer --enable-optimize --enable-profile-guided-optimization

Waterfox does work well. No clue at all why Mozilla simply doesn't even try.

Too late, I already use Plae Moon64 (firefox based) and you know what? It doesn't crash, run nuts with memory use and handles a butt-ton of tabs, something Firefox can not do anymore.

Back