• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recent content by [H]ard On

  1. H

    Those annoying freshman! >:( -cliffs at bottom

    As interesting as your problem is, remember, we were all freshmen at one point. You KNOW that if you were in their shoes you would be posting a thread that says "That annoying sys admin won't let us use safari! >:( -cliffs at bottom". Just sayin', look at it from both sides.....both sides...
  2. H

    Anyone get their MBP C2D yet?

    Just so you know, tracking is faster and more detailed with this tool: http://isnoop.net/tracking I used that to track my macbook pro, and it was more detailed than the actual fedex site.
  3. H

    Anyone get their MBP C2D yet?

    I got mine on thursday this week, and I've been enjoying it. First laptop, first mac, and I haven't really noticed any issues yet. I'm not a mac person especially, I still have a pretty sweet desktop pc that I use, I just really liked the hardware. I got a 2.33ghz/2 GB Ram/160GB HD/Matte...
  4. H

    New MBP: Glossy or Matte

    I voted matte because I ordered one on tuesday, and that's what I ordered. Glossy is nice, but I'll be using it under fluorescent lights a lot, and I hear that's a nightmare. Plus matte is a sure thing, glossy has yet to prove itself for me.
  5. H

    Hard Drives and RAID controller question

    Okay, this is a bit of a silly question, but I'm just being paranoid. I have 2 SATA seagate barracuda's plugged into the same RAID controller of my asus A8N motherboard, but they're not RAID striped, they're just set up as independent disks (JBOD). I just got a 3rd hard drive, which will be...
  6. H

    Get a macbook now or wait a bit?

    All signs point to yes, so don't. At least wait until the apple paris expo, Sept.12-16.
  7. H

    Macbook Pro and Merom

    Look what just popped up! So, yeah, great!
  8. H

    Macbook Pro and Merom

    Hahahha, we actually have an SGI workstation at work too, running IRIX. Too bad it sucks balls now. Fun story, 2 summers ago it was so damn hot that one of our other SGI's actually MELTED. The motherboard was sagging and melty, and it was dead as a doornail. Good times.
  9. H

    Macbook Pro and Merom

    Therein lies my concern. I do a lot of scientific work, with programs like Amber, Gaussian, and MOE (www.chemcomp.com), so having a processor that's 10% faster can mean shaving hours or days off of long, arduous calculations. Thanks for the tidbits so far though.
  10. H

    Macbook Pro and Merom

    I'm sure that I'm not alone in saying that I was really disappointed at the lack of a "Merom's are going inside the Macbook Pro" announcement at the WWDC. I was really geared up to buy one, but with the possibility of a hardware upgrade so close, I can't really justify buying one now. I know...
  11. H

    The new Towers name?

    Apple has trademarked or copyrighted, i forget which, the name "Mac Pro", so it's probably going to be that.
  12. H

    Re: Creative sues Apple

    Wow, totally didn't know about the PBJ-100. And while you're right about the creating technicality, I guess I was just trying to quell the "Creative stole the ipod from apple" murmurings.
  13. H

    Re: Creative sues Apple

    I dunno if people are generally aware of this, but creative invented the hard disk mp3 player with the original nomad. It was still in the shape of a panasonic shockwave mp3 player, not the square form factor we're used to today, but they did come up with it first. Their navigation interface...
  14. H

    OK dang nabbit whens the 3007wfp SALE!!!!

    It was on sale during "12 days of deals" thing here in Canada about 2 months ago. I think it was down to 1499 before tax.
Back
Top