Recent content by Gilbert_pwns

  1. G

    Entertainment laptop

    Sorry, don't know why I typed laptop. Thought that Samsung was more of less bang for your buck due to the brand. Same with Apple. And the job sounds easy but pretty sure most people wouldn't go for it lol. Which is why the field is pretty much always hiring.
  2. G

    Entertainment laptop

    I work nightshift and am looking for a tablet to watch youtube on during the night. I obviously want something with wifi, but also something I can connect to bluetooth peripherals in case I need to do some emailing or misc work. I don't want something extravagant but also don't want to sacrifice...
  3. G

    Secondary PC/Laptop?

    Had some time to hook up the chromebook. Glad I did it, FPS on the gaming PC is WAY more stable now with a lot less dips and the dips being 1-2 fps at most even with background programs running. As expected the chromebook is struggling to output to even a 1080p with youtube on. With that being...
  4. G

    Secondary PC/Laptop?

    Im probably going to try a Chromebook that I have laying around first but I would want something with windows for programs. Open to Linux but have little experience with it.
  5. G

    Secondary PC/Laptop?

    I've had a multiple monitor set up for years and have mostly enjoyed this set up. However, there was always the minor performance hit that I would take on games when watching a video or using another program on the second monitor. Not to mention all the little inconveniences of tabbing out or...
  6. G

    Help with radiator fans.

    Yeah that's the problem. Whenever I look up hubs or splitters they only accomdate that many fans. I need it to house 9. 6 at the very least. But yeah they are PWM.
  7. G

    Help with radiator fans.

    I have a custom loop that has 9 vardar fans. I've been running them with molex power connector's but now I'm ready to switch to a controller. Does anyone know of a fan hub controller that can handle 9-10 fans and that connects to the motherboard via one cable to the cpu fan header?
  8. G

    Does anyone make an aluminum-comaptible 2080 Ti block?

    I'd expect that theyd have one. But this is a big reason why I avoided aluminum kits. They no doubt work, but if you want to just add something off the shelf you can't. Not worth the few bucks saved imo.
  9. G

    CSGO Minimal framerates

    Just checked and it put me on US East when I'm in Cali. Is that the problem? Ill look into forcing it to US West
  10. G

    First Watercooling Build

    Corsair Carbide 540 AF
  11. G

    First Watercooling Build

    And there you go... Backplate installed. Sleeved the pump cables. Tidied up power cables with combs. 140mm exhaust fan added. Added two RGB strips. Res almost completely cleared of bubbles. Very pleased with the GPU temps. Was able to overclock it. Tons of headroom left. Very proud of this...
  12. G

    First Watercooling Build

    Manual says it only goes in one way and I'm okay with how it is. Bubbles seem to be disappearing. No leaks as far as I can tell. Temps are actually great and benefitted the 1080 ti more than anything. 10c decrease on idle. Can now overclock the thing without artifacts showing up. I don't think...
  13. G

    Battlefield 1 & Metro Redux worth buying?

    They arent the stalker games but they are good sinle player games nonetheless. Well worth the sale price.
  14. G

    CSGO Minimal framerates

    Don't run in windowed or borderless fullscreen. Make sure you have disabled fullscreen optimizations if you're on Windows 10. Make sure V-Sync is set to off in the NVIDIA control panel. Make sure you have increased the FPS cap in the game's console. If you have a 4core CPU with SMT disable...
  15. G

    CSGO Minimal framerates

    Yes, an intel X700k beats out the 2700x. But by a Small margin, not by HUNDREDS of frames. In game I am dipping into the 70-80's. There is definitely something going on. I'd GLADLY take 300FPS. Every benchmark Ive looked at has the 2700x paired with 1080ti with avg framerates of up to 500. This...
Back
Top