Hello,
Just built a new rig, and I'd rather not buy a new UPS / surge protector if I don't have to. I think my current UPS can handle it but I wanted to see if anyone can make a quick judgement. Battery uptime is not a big deal for me, I just want the clean power / surge protection. Here's my...
I stepped up to the single 5850 with the intention of using it as a single GPU. If this board is solid enough (I looked around a little and it does appear to be solid) I'm all over dropping the ability to xfire to save some money. The USB 3 and SATA 3 don't hurt either.
Thanks everyone for the replies!!
I'm going to take tiraides' advice on the Gigabyte mobo, to save some extra money for the 5850 and stay under budget. I've also decided to drop the SSD for now and get a 1TB 7200 drive instead (I'll use my current 640 GB drive for the O/S, 1TB for storage)...
Thanks, this board does seem like it would work well for me -
MSI P55-GD65 - 159.99
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...msi%20p55-gd65
Is it worth it to take the extra $45 and push the budget to step up to a 5850...
Hello, I'm building a new gaming rig to replace my current 5 year old machine. Not looking for the most high end stuff - I'm just looking for something that will allow me to play WoW, SC2, Dragon Age, etc. on high settings, and hopefully last me another few years. I've been out of the loop for...
Hello All,
Building a system for < $1500; my current build came in at just over $1100. The system is meant for gaming. I already have a SATA hard drive and optical drives, so they are intentionally left out. Probably won't overclock.
Thinking of throwing in a UPS with the extra cash, but...
Thanks for the advice. I went ahead and upgraded to a 7200 rpm drive.
I believe I've heard one or two people say to stay away from the "whitebox" method. Are there any pitfalls or risks with respect to compatibility/functionality that I should be concerned about? I hear this seller is pretty...
I'm buying a NB for the first time and was wondering if this is a good setup for (mostly) mobility and school related stuff (lot's of programming and music). I'm a gamer and I'm sure I'll sometimes be tempted to play on this thing while I have breaks during classes. The gaming is a side note...
Ok, perhaps if I rephrase the question someone can give me an answer:
1) Can this power supply http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817103933
handle this system:
Asus A8N SLI Premium
AMD X2 4400+
BFG Tech Geforce 7800 GTX OC
WD Raptor 74GB
2GB Corsair XMS PC3200
Plextor...