• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recent content by BassKozz

  1. B

    CPUs run hotter these days?

    I just built a new rig: Case Corsair Carbide Series 500R PSU Cooler Master Silent Pro 700W CPU Intel i7-3770K Mobo ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 Cooler Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo RAM Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB x4 SSD Samsung 840 Pro 256G And here are the baseline temps... Prime95 for 1hr (Max...
  2. B

    Workstation w/ 3 monitors?

    Ok, I purchased the Sparkle card and now I have an issue: Monitors: HannStar Display Corp HG216 Dell ST2310 Dell S2309W Video Cards: MSI NX8600GT SPARKLE 700020 GeForce 8400 GS Hardware Layout Diagram Software Versions: Ubuntu: 12.04 Nvidia Driver: version 295.33 Gnome...
  3. B

    Workstation w/ 3 monitors?

    I have a fairly old rig (see "Server Rig" in sig) that I am still looking to squeeze a few more hours out of, and I am contemplating adding a video card to it, I currently have a MSI NX8600GT in it, and I am running two monitors on it, but I have another monitor that I would like to add to the...
  4. B

    Plz, Help me pick a PCI GPU (with VDPAU, for future MythTV release)

    Thanks for the help w1retap, Is it worth the wait for the 9400GT (that you mentioned) to come back-in-stock, or will I be able to get by with the Sparkle 8400gs w/ 512MB? Also I find it odd, but the MythTV wiki [supported cards] doesn't like the 9400GT as a supported card for VDPAU ??? I...
  5. B

    Plz, Help me pick a PCI GPU (with VDPAU, for future MythTV release)

    I am building a MythTV system at my house (on the cheap) using Mythbuntu and 2 used pc's I picked up for short $: 2x Compaq Evo D510s - 2.4ghz P4, 1.5GB RAM, 500GB ide HD 1x HDHomeRun - To capture HD QAM channels from my cable company. Now all I need is to purchase a PCI video card that...
  6. B

    Quick: P4 or Celeron?

    Thanks for all the feedback everyone, P4 it is :D
  7. B

    Quick: P4 or Celeron?

    Thanks for your help rflcptr, I am buying a used computer from a local college, and I have a choice between a: Compaq Evo D51s or Compaq Presario SR1010NX The Evo I believe is a 2.4Ghz P4 , while the Presario is a 2.7Ghz Celeron. So I assume the Evo would be the better machine to go for...
  8. B

    Quick: P4 or Celeron?

    Thanks rflcptr :)
  9. B

    Quick: P4 or Celeron?

    Quick Question: Which is faster a 2.4Ghz P4 or a 2.8Ghz Celeron?
  10. B

    Wierd memtest results, are my sticks bad or not?

    cyclone3d, I didn't notice it until after I posted this thread, but according to my last memtest run my clock settings have been reset to default (FSB from 370 to 266) this probably explains why the memory "seems" to be working, I am going to reset the OC settings and report back my findings...
  11. B

    Wierd memtest results, are my sticks bad or not?

    I recently was noticing some issues with my "Server Rig" (see sig), and I traced the issues back to bad memory by running memtest86+: :eek: That's not good. I have two of the following sticks: DIMM0 = 2GB DIMM1 = empty DIMM2 = 2GB DIMM3 = empty Pertinent BIOS Settings: ext Clock =...
  12. B

    Why is less = more on VM's?

    Yah, after going back and forth about it on the VMware thread, it all comes down to a matter of opinion and/or personal preference... That sounds like a fun toy, I wish I worked at your company :D
  13. B

    Why is less = more on VM's?

    Sorry for the delay... Thanks for all the advice everyone :D , I now fully understand why less cores is (usually) better then more because of current Virtualization Software issues w/ not being able to sync the cores efficently. But I am still a bit confused on the RAM front :confused: I...
  14. B

    Free Microsoft Windows Server 2008 / SQL Server 2008 / Visual Studio 2008

    Do you own a computer (I assume so since you posted this message), then I hearby declare you part of the IT industry :p:D
  15. B

    Free Microsoft Windows Server 2008 / SQL Server 2008 / Visual Studio 2008

    I went to the Boston one too, I was in the IT Pro Track, I especially enjoyed the info in session #2 (Virtualization and Your Infrastructure), especially about Hyper-V and Terminal Services RemoteApp... I've got a question about the 1yr trial of Server 2008; If I install this on a VM, can I go...
Back
Top