• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recent content by A Shiny Demon

  1. A

    Zalman 7700 socket 775 too loose?

    I just reworked the setup in my sig (Abit IP35 Pro and Zalman cnps7700-cu) and noticed that I could actually lift the Zalman off the surface of the CPU just by tugging on it, and I wasn't even pulling very hard. I have it set to ramp up according to the CPU temp, and the CPU stays around 45C but...
  2. A

    Future Proofing @ 1900x1200

    A single 8800GT plays TF2 maxed out at 1920x1080 (still CPU limited due to lack of proper multithreading support), I haven't installed anything else since I got my 42" LCD (actually, that's a lie... Starcraft runs just fine in case you were wondering). As for future proofing, you have to figure...
  3. A

    How is this for a new gaming pc?

    That looks pretty good for the most part, but this PSU supports higher max amperage on all rails except 5v and I think I'd trust OCZ more than Thermaltake (and it's cheaper after rebates): http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817341012 You also might be able to find a better...
  4. A

    Sub Question... kind of complicated....

    I'm currently running a 12" Kenwood car sub in a box with a Kenwood mono amp: KAC-8103D (discontinued; this is the new one). Of course, you'll want an amplifier that closely matches your subwoofer's specs. The important thing here is the power supply; like the others have said, computer...
  5. A

    Biggest POS hardware of all time.

    Ultra RAM... *shudders* My DDR400 stuff would never pass memtest86 even underclocked...
  6. A

    Project: Team Fortress 2 Sentry Turret

    Next time you're at a LAN party, you'll have to carry around a gigantic adjustable wrench and smack everyone who walks by, occasionally hitting the computer too.
  7. A

    Console's audio routed through computer?

    I have a 5.1 setup by running my card's analog outputs directly into amplifiers and out through speakers -- no special receivers or anything. I currently use my motherboard's onboard sound but will be upgrading to a good sound card soon (what I'm picking will be determined later, or possibly by...
  8. A

    Microphone for surround-sound setups?

    I have a custom surround setup (currently quadraphonic, will be 5.1 once I get a center speaker and finish the sub enclosure, but that's irrelevant). I want to know what kinds of mics people use for surround setups. I currently use an old headset, draping the headband around the back of my...
  9. A

    Today's Solid Motherboard?

    I'm a huge fan of ASUS, having built both Socket A and 939 systems using their boards (A7N8X and A8N32-SLI), but they just don't currently have a board with all the features I want and at a good price point for Socket 775. Just like your link suggests, I went with the IP35 Pro this time around...
  10. A

    FS:

    Bump; pm sent.
  11. A

    Yahoo Acquires Video Service For $160M

    The purchased becomes the purchaser? But seriously, huh? Weird move.
  12. A

    Mac Hack Contest May Include Linux and Vista

    Why not require that each person hack all three machines before being declared the winner?
  13. A

    Apple Launches A “How-To” Site

    Shouldn't they "just work"?
Back
Top