I'm building a new rig in the coming months, and looking to power a 24" monitor. Ideally, it would last me long enough looking ahead for a couple years.
I know the ultra-high end cards would do this, but paying $500-600 for a 4870x2 or GTX280 seems like a poor bang for the buck move.
Maybe it would be smarter to stick with a single 4870 and drop in another one if need be. Will a single 4870 be able to max at 1900x1200 for the foreseeable near future, at least a year or two?
I know the ultra-high end cards would do this, but paying $500-600 for a 4870x2 or GTX280 seems like a poor bang for the buck move.
Maybe it would be smarter to stick with a single 4870 and drop in another one if need be. Will a single 4870 be able to max at 1900x1200 for the foreseeable near future, at least a year or two?