ZyXel Wireless N Router $29.99 free shipping Buy.com

I have a dsl modem from them. Probably 10x more reliable than the one that came from at&t. I can web console into it and do some basic stuff but all in all it is pretty good.

The ZyXel Zywall is a kick ass router/firewall. Dunno about this particular one, but some of their other products are A++

I picked up a G router from Buy.com 2 weeks ago, it served it's purpose as a wireless bridge very well.

ZyXel is a very established NON-CHINESE company. They've been in the game for a long long time.

Very high quality and performance. I have this exact wireless-n router, paid $119 for it at CompUSA aprox 3 1/2 years ago.

Never dropped, and very good range.

This is a steal for $29 shipped. Trust me.

I had a Zyxell Served its purpose for 2 years before it gave out, but thats the longest I ever had a router for.

Update:

Looks like this deal is still good.

http://www.buy.com/prod/zyxel-nbg419n-wireless-n-router/q/loc/101/211440529.html?adid=17070

I also noticed that they released a new firmware that brings the router up to the full Wireless-N standard and out of draft.

http://us.zyxel.com/Support/Download-Library-Result.aspx?mif=20090115084900

This is an extremely great wireless router. From the instant web navigation of the menus to the speed of the unit both wired and wireless.

Also, the fit and finish, quality of the unit is great as well.

Honestly, I've been trying to find a reason to buy 1 or 2 more of these.

i have the one which is b/g based off the dlink gamer router. This is the best brand router I have ever used. I am very tempted to get this one, just wish I had stuff that could take advantage of the N.

I think N is going to be around for awhile. It has more than enough range and can stream HD content.

I would suggest, strongly suggest you get this wireless-N router for $29 shipped free. Future proof yourself.

I've owned Dlink, Motorola, and even a new Linksys WRT610 and a few other brands, the ZyXel, this one that's for sale was the most responsive of all the wireless routers I've ever owned.

In fact, paired with a Dlink-142 I think it is, Hockey Puck, anything I did was instant with zero lag.

I really need to stop checking this forum. My wallet feels so light, but my heart feels so warm.

I had a Zyxell Served its purpose for 2 years before it gave out, but thats the longest I ever had a router for.

Zyxel was one of the monarchs of dial-up modems back in the day, too (especially business and enterprise-class dial-up) along with (don't laugh) AT&T Paradyne, US Robotics, Hayes, and Intel. (All five companies were best known in the business and ISP world for their *external* modems, especially V.32, V.32bis, and V.34, and in USR's case for the Courier HST, HST Dual Standard, and the infamous square-LED HST Global Standard.)

By the by, Buy,.com has lots of other routers (including more N) on sale today.

anybody have a good suggestion of a pci wireless nic to go with this? The ZyXel one's on here don't seem to be N compatible. Want to make my desktop at home wireless as well.

Either way, i'm in for 1. thanks for the deal.

I found this for you.

http://www.buy.com/prod/zyxel-nwd270n-wireless-n-usb-adapter/q/loc/101/211077920.html

I would suggest you try this out unless you absolutely have to have a PCI wireless card.

$30 dollars shipped free.

Amazing. You go into Best Buy and they want, at least $60 dollars for a wireless-n usb device + tax mind you and then another $100 dollars, give or take for a wireless-n router + tax. That is getting very close to $200 dollars.

I just ordered this USB device myself.

In for 1, thanks! Any idea if I can buy a second one and use it in bridge mode?

*Edit* Found something else that will work ;)

Last edited:
The manual states it has an access point mode. I'm thinking of buying 2 of them,one to use for an wireless access point and one as a wireless router.

The manual states it has an access point mode. I'm thinking of buying 2 of them,one to use for an wireless access point and one as a wireless router.

i was going to mention, ddwrt support makes any cheap router a lot more desirable. but access point mode is one of the main reasons to go with a ddwrt router, so yeah this looks like a really good deal. even at amazon.

Back