zr30w or..

Can you do me a favor, and take a screen shot of a game @ 2560x1600 and then same game at 1920x1200
I'd like to see this as well. Been wondering how the FOV scales with bigger resolutions.
Eyefinity mostly adds more to the sides. Does 1600p add "more" field or just scale bigger but with more detail?
 
Depends on the game. In the BF3 beta, I played at 1920x1200 because of a HUD scaling error at 2560x1440 (I know, different ratios, etc, etc). The first thing I noticed was the FOV... it was definately scaling to my resolution and likely ratio., like looking through a portal into the game world. I was happy to be back at 2560x1440 after I figured the "Safe Area" adjustment option would move the HUD elements to where I could see them (otherwise, half the minimap and about everything else would be off the sides of the screen - hopefully that bug gets fixed).

In SC2, FOV is locked, so my 13" 1600x900 laptop sees the same stuff as my 27" 2560x1440 desktop. It's a bit disconcerting at first, and everytime I switch over, since my desktop looks like everything was... blown up out of size, lol.

In other games.. I don't really play other games.
 
I'd like to see this as well. Been wondering how the FOV scales with bigger resolutions.
Eyefinity mostly adds more to the sides. Does 1600p add "more" field or just scale bigger but with more detail?

Resolution shouldn't change the FOV, the aspect ratio should. So 1080p would be a wider FOV than 1600p.

His sig states the U3011.


BTW, about 2 weekends ago, you said you were gonna put your foot down and finally order something :eek:


... has it shipped, yet? :D

I had the U3011, I returned it. I couldn't live with the input lag.
 
His sig states the U3011.


BTW, about 2 weekends ago, you said you were gonna put your foot down and finally order something :eek:


... has it shipped, yet? :D

Lmao thanks for putting me on BLAST!!!! not yet ._. I am a punk!!!!! SAY I WONT ORDER ONE TODAY!!!
 
Alright, I placed my order with Amazon.com for $1,183.70 no tax and free shipping.

Too bad it's only one form of shipping or I'd go $3.99 overnight.
 
Yeah my ZR30w is the best computer gaming upgrade I have made in a long time. New video cards are great, but what's the point if you are running 1080p resolution? Can't wait to play Skyrim and BF3 on this thing. I'm even having a blast playing Quake Live at 2560x1600, barely notice the lag and it's the fastest FPS there is.
 
congrats crest! f it IM DOING IT TO!

Really, when I had the u3011 it's a whole new experience. All i'm worried about is the forced Wide Gamut panel, but I'm sure I'll either get used to it or figure out how to get it close to sRGB via software.

But I can't wait to play BF3 on it. Should be here monday or tuesday I think. No Prime shipping but it was free.
 
i did it i bit, 1187.99 i hope i dont regret it ahhh for some reason i feel like poop!
 
Last edited:
i did it i bit, 1187.99 i hope i dont regret it ahhh for some reason i feel like poop!

I ordered one today too. I know how you feel.

If I get the ZR30w, will I regret not getting the U3011 with all its cool OSD and connections?

If i get the U3011, will I regret not getting the ZR30w for its superior input latency?

Either way, I KNOW I will not regret upgrading to 2560x1600, so getting the Dell or HP are both great choices because of this. But you know, the grass is always greener on the other side kind of deal.

I ended up getting the ZR30w. Should be here soon, can not wait!
 
I ordered one today too. I know how you feel.

If I get the ZR30w, will I regret not getting the U3011 with all its cool OSD and connections?

If i get the U3011, will I regret not getting the ZR30w for its superior input latency?

Either way, I KNOW I will not regret upgrading to 2560x1600, so getting the Dell or HP are both great choices because of this. But you know, the grass is always greener on the other side kind of deal.

I ended up getting the ZR30w. Should be here soon, can not wait!

Sweet yea i mean that res is nuts, i did not need all that connectivity from the dell, and my colors will be better than this TN panel i been using for 5+ years, its just the performance hit, what am i going to do for a second monitor, should i have waitied? I am sure all those questions will go away when im typing on the new monitor.
 
Holy shit. Amazon already shipped it and it's supposed to come tomorrow (21st) I ordered with the only option, 3-5 day shipping and it says it takes 2-3 days to ship. Amazon amazes me once again.
 
Holy shit. Amazon already shipped it and it's supposed to come tomorrow (21st) I ordered with the only option, 3-5 day shipping and it says it takes 2-3 days to ship. Amazon amazes me once again.

Lucky i ordered mine late in the day, 6pm central, but it still shipped out yesterday evening or this morning, idk when im going to get it, i have yet to receive a tracking #
 
I love my ZR30W... :)
I don't really notice any problems with the AG or if i did i've gotten so used to it i don't even notice it anymore lol.
Anyhow, i almost guarantee once you go to 2560x1600 resolution, you'll never go back to anything lesser unless you have to. On some games, it's almost like a night and day difference.
Picked mine up used on ebay for about $900 and it's been working perfectly so that's an option if you want to take a chance.
 
you should inform yourself about mini display cables. the monitor probably wont come with a mini dp, only a full size dp i think.
 
Yea i bought a dual link display port, i dont want to use the mini display port unless im missing a bigger picture here.. are you saying there is a chance my card wont be able to connect with this monitor?
 
So DVI-D Cable is included right?

Just pulled the trigger on one of these today.

Wanna make sure I have everything ready for its arrival.
 
amazon told me its included, as well as DP.

I can tell you for sure when I do my unboxing video.
 
Just buy a really short (3') Mini DP to DP adapter cable and you're all set. Do not bother with heavy DVI cables please. I use one to connect my 6990 with my ZR30w and it's like Brooks said, easy peezy Japanesey (or however that quote is spelled). It's not included with the monitor.
 
Last edited:
Oh i see what your saying now use that instead of using a big ol cable.

Man if i ordered wed like i planned to i would of had the monitor today!!! oh well..
 
op, using dp gets you better picture quality, specially if u using a higher end resolution like that i think. using dvi you are going to push dvi technology to its limits imo.
 
DVI-D cable included.

Looks epic.

What is the max resolution for a DP connection?

I'm not a fan of the thick DVI cable, but my 580 has DVI, and the HDMI is already used for my TV. Hook it up once and forget.
 
op, using dp gets you better picture quality, specially if u using a higher end resolution like that i think. using dvi you are going to push dvi technology to its limits imo.

hmm so you think using the display port on the min dp will be better.
 
dp can handle more data i think. i use dp on my u2410, i find that colors are more acurate.
 
But it's digital. I doubt it's using a different color space.

DP can indeed pump more data, but that's irrelevant. 2560x1600@60hz requires a certain amount of data bandwidth, giving it more room won't make it suddenly look better. In a proper scenario atleast.
 
But it's digital. I doubt it's using a different color space.

DP can indeed pump more data, but that's irrelevant. 2560x1600@60hz requires a certain amount of data bandwidth, giving it more room won't make it suddenly look better. In a proper scenario atleast.

Did your monitor come in yet?
 
I'll do an unboxing and stuff for my youtube channel as well, given that I also have a Canon 60D coming today as well.
 
it has arrived o_o this box is freakin huge, i dont know how i am going to fit it in my car to get it home. the tape snapped on the side from the weight it looks like
 
Back
Top