Zombie game without the language?

H-street

Supreme [H]ardness
Is there a good single player zombie game without the language? I tried the last of us and the language was just too much. (Nudity is also a no go)

Read up on dying light and it seems the language is probably the same

Is there a zombie killer single player game that has the language toned down?

soooooo, hacking up animated rotting corpses is fine, but you don't want any profanity or boobs...

mmmmmmmmkay

WTF? I hope this is a troll thread. If not, play Bible Story 3D and call it a day already, ffs. So stupid, the amount of people perfectly fine with killing but who are prudish about nudity and language. Get a clue...

Sounds like you might like Plants Vs Zombies.

Otherwise zombie games may just not be your fucking thing. :p
Zombies are part of the horror genre that generally focuses on darkness and decay in the world, and generally is all about exposing what people are capable of when pressed to their absolute limits. When playing zombie games, expect to see people presented at their absolute worst, with all the vices and depravity that implies. If you'd like to avoid experiencing that, then I recommend you look into other game genres.

Sounds like you might like Plants Vs Zombies.

Otherwise zombie games may just not be your fucking thing. :p
Zombies are part of the horror genre that generally focuses on darkness and decay in the world, and generally is all about exposing what people are capable of when pressed to their absolute limits. When playing zombie games, expect to see people presented at their absolute worst, with all the vices and depravity that implies. If you'd like to avoid experiencing that, then I recommend you look into other game genres.

I guess that is about as mature an answer as I can expect.

Does left for dead have the language or a single player part?

Trust me. Those of you thinking you are original attacking my question. Been there done that. And expected the flames. Posting the question was hoping in the sea of crap responses I might get a gem of a response.

Still waiting for the gem but keep the crap coming too. It's mildly entertaining

Maybe H-Street wants to play with family members where a 18+ rating matters. Zombie films back in the day weren't all about the guts and horror. In fact they used to be fun to watch.

H-Street look into the Resident Evil series. I don't recall a ton of nudity or language in the first ones, and they are steadily being remastered and released onto Steam.

I guess that is about as mature an answer as I can expect.

Does left for dead have the language or a single player part?

Sorry, I couldn't resist. :p Honestly I'm completely tired of anything related to zombies or "the dead" at this point. After dozens and dozens of zombie related movies and games, I just don't want anything to do with them anymore - I'm only interested in horror that's more focused on new and original concepts. I'm completely numb to most of the violence and gross-out tactics used, and most of what bothers me is the interpersonal drama and stupidity of the characters. I don't even notice any cursing, so I couldn't even tell you which games had more or less.

But yeah, to my recollection, Left4Dead was fairly clean overall as far as language or nudity were concerned. Dead Rising and Dead Island were both also pretty fun, no nudity, but I honestly don't notice cursing or obscenities in media at all any more, so no promises on any of them in that regard.

Zombies (and most other horror genres) are really not meant for immature audiences anyways. If you're that concerned with language and nudity, you shouldn't be ok with the violence aspect either. The whole concept and genre as a whole is intended for mature audiences only.

Zombie films back in the day weren't all about the guts and horror. In fact they used to be fun to watch.

WFT. LOL what zombie movies have you been watching?? Ever since Romero and before, zombie films have always been pure horror, always been about pushing the boundaries of gore and gross-out effects. The only thing that's really changed is that they used to be more focused on political statements and metaphorical observations about human nature. And they used to be more horrific and have better suspense. Now there are like hundreds of movies with zombies, and most of them are just lame dramas or comedies, very little actual horror in the genre any more.

Last edited:
Like the rest, I'm sort of boggled at the question and the attempt to separate things that "go together" in the genre, but here's one to try. No language that I'm aware of since last I knew there's no in game speech and no nudity, just lots and lots of blood, which I guess is a-ok? I honestly don't even know if its just single player even, just that it was on the "zombie game" radar at some point for me and I never ended up looking into it.

http://7daystodie.com/

<shrug> I'm at a loss otherwise.

Maybe H-Street wants to play with family members where a 18+ rating matters. Zombie films back in the day weren't all about the guts and horror. In fact they used to be fun to watch.

H-Street look into the Resident Evil series. I don't recall a ton of nudity or language in the first ones, and they are steadily being remastered and released onto Steam.

I was looking at the re series. Maybe give them a try. The silent hill series fit the bill pretty good. But 4 took a different direction and didn't play passed it.

I guess, for those who don't understand the question, go watch night of living dead (1968 - the original zombie movie). And what I am looking for is the "scare" without the added

WTF? I hope this is a troll thread. If not, play Bible Story 3D and call it a day already, ffs. So stupid, the amount of people perfectly fine with killing but who are prudish about nudity and language. Get a clue...

The only thing stupid here is your reply. Quit being an ass, if that is what this person wants who cares. No need to knock people for their way of life or opinion.

I don't recall Left 4 Dead 2 having any offensive language but I'm not sure if you consider campaign mode with AI players as single player. If you do there are tons of free maps for it.

I was looking at the re series. Maybe give them a try. The silent hill series fit the bill pretty good. But 4 took a different direction and didn't play passed it.

I guess, for those who don't understand the question, go watch night of living dead (1968 - the original zombie movie). And what I am looking for is the "scare" without the added

That film came out a few years before I was born. I couldn't remember the name to save my life! :)

precisely what I find disturbing about all this...sex is bad little jimmy, AIM FOR THE HEAD!!

I shot my first gun at 6 or 7. My mom marched me into a police station at 16 for talking back to her in the car. She made me drive her to the station and turn myself in. To this day I still call her mom, ask her what she wants to eat, etc.

Different generations man.

7 Days to Die is very fun. Works just fine in single player, and no dialogue that I am aware of.

I confess, I only opened the thread to watch people's reactions. Smelled it a mile away. Good times.

Actually you aren't doing any killing. As long as there aren't baby zombies it's ok. :D

Yeah. with .:uT:.[IIMKI] and then I started a shoutcast station for the CAL and TWL league games (BFRadio) for a while :)

That's right!! This is busta aka pitbull... I remember the shoutcast you did for the CAL-i S2 championship when I played for Paradigm Shift. You don't still have that by chance do you? good stuff! :)

Um, when was the last time you watched Night of the Living Dead?? The themes presented are extremely disturbing and mature, I honestly don't remember whether there was cursing or not, but if there wasn't any it'd just be because they weren't legally allowed to curse in films back then.

I sortof understand what you mean though about wanting that retro feel, but sadly we live in a much different time now, and that film is fairly unique among any other zombie media - it has a lot of that old noir feel from previous decades, which gave the film a retro feeling even for its time. But watch any other film by Romero and it's a whole different story.

I'm still racking my brain to think of some better recommendations for you. I'm thinking L4D2 and Dead Rising 2/3 are probably your best bets.

going through sme of the zombie game lists I came over a game called PineView Drive.. might give that a try.. the reviews seem kindof in that direction.. Its not zombie but the reviews give it a high scare rating :)

L4D is reasonably clean with a single-player mode. The bots drop some occasional GD's and shits but no f-bombs or anything like that. There's no nudity or sex jokes or whatever.

L4D is reasonably clean with a single-player mode. The bots drop some occasional GD's and shits but no f-bombs or anything like that. There's no nudity or sex jokes or whatever.

not sure you have played recent patches

if I had a dime for every time coach says "re-fucking-loading!"

Well, if the goal is to shield the family rather than oneself from f-bombs being broadcast throughout the house, I'd say just get a headset or headphones and carry on with the zombie fun.

left for dead 1/2 come to mind.. organ trail was mentioned.. that's fun.. also, if i'm not mistaken, check out killing floor.

Maybe H-Street wants to play with family members where a 18+ rating matters.

I'm sorry, but if you're concerned about playing games with family members, you ought to be bright enough to understand that in a game about hacking up / killing zombies, maybe it's not the nudity or swearing you should be concerned about.

And ignoring that fact is, frankly, inexplicable.

Is there a good single player zombie game without the language? I tried the last of us and the language was just too much. (Nudity is also a no go)

Read up on dying light and it seems the language is probably the same

Is there a zombie killer single player game that has the language toned down?

Dying Light doesn't have much profanity at all. Neither does Dead Rising 3 as far as I recall.

I mean it all depends on how much of a thing we're talking about here. Is one F-bomb going to ruin the concerned party's whole life or something? :D

Jesus.... The original zombie

I'm sorry, but if you're concerned about playing games with family members, you ought to be bright enough to understand that in a game about hacking up / killing zombies, maybe it's not the nudity or swearing you should be concerned about.

To be fair, there are zombie games without excessive violence. The original Resident Evil series is an example of a game being good without the need for mature language, nudity or excessive violence.

Your right. And I do have standards against excess violence
As a parent I am very aware and monitor and approve all games my family plays.

Hence the question I posed. The esrb is very good at detailing the amount of violence and nudity in a game. But the esrb is very poor at guaging the language. In their synopsis they will usually only indicate that the following can be found in the dialog --- but does gauge the frequency or harshness of it

That why I came and asked this question.

And just so you are aware (not that I care about why you think I want the info) but it is for myself as well as for my family. I personally for my own moral values do not approve of that (and I'm 25 years passed the adult threshold)

But as I said. My reasons are my own and what I seek is people's experiences in games to help me avoid the mistake of the last of us. (Which was also more violent than the esrb had detailed)

And if there are no games (including my violence standard) that fit the bill then neither myself nor my family will play any. It is that simple.

It's amazing how far out in left field these discussions go instead of just joining in and helping in the discussion.

And thanks to all those that have helped. It's amazing that even through the white noise of the [H] forums there are some good people still out there willing to just help out :)

Back