Zen 3 Launch Availability

When will it be possible to buy a Zen 3 cpu without using a bot or paying Scalper rates?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Oh, they offered to cancel for me as well when I called - I was just like "no do not do that at all". Just hold onto your Golden Ticket, it will come through eventually is my advice.
Noticed some stock appear at my local Microcenter and decided to drop what I was doing and drive in right in the middle of the work day - three left by the time I got there. Even though it was an hour each way, worth it. Unicorn #1 acquired. 0413211809_HDR.jpg

Noticed some stock appear at my local Microcenter and decided to drop what I was doing and drive in right in the middle of the work day - three left by the time I got there. Even though it was an hour each way, worth it. Unicorn #1 acquired.

niiiiice 😎👉👉

I did the same thing for the SHIELD 2019 when it was very first released and couldn't find it anywhere

Oh look, Amazon updated with an actual delivery date. I wonder if it had anything to do with me complaining? What's over four months for a cpu? Now I have time to debate cancelling or not, if stock continues to be scarce I will have to share this with [H].
1618532848530.png

This is how your $800 CPU arrives when Amazon ships it USPS in nothing but a padded envelope lmao 🙃🔫

Pins are all OK though it seems thankfully

Attachments

• LoL.png
    LoL.png
    4.7 MB · Views: 0
I am frozen with inaction lol Get Ryzen 3600 and wait for 5950x...1...3...6 months???? or just get 5800x and call it a day!
Do you have the rest of your PC, particularly the gpu? If not, I say wait it out. The gpu is the hardest to get component, so until you get that you have time to keep trying. My 5950x will be sitting in it's box for months, possibly into next year until I can get a gpu.

I am frozen with inaction lol Get Ryzen 3600 and wait for 5950x...1...3...6 months???? or just get 5800x and call it a day!
I'd just grab a 5800x, enjoy and casually watch for a 5950x maybe via AMD Direct on Thursdays etc.

I did that before getting my 5900x. Put the 5800x for sale end of last week and it was gone in less than 30 mins.

I'd just grab a 5800x, enjoy and casually watch for a 5950x maybe via AMD Direct on Thursdays etc.

I did that before getting my 5900x. Put the 5800x for sale end of last week and it was gone in less than 30 mins.
Do you have the rest of your PC, particularly the gpu? If not, I say wait it out. The gpu is the hardest to get component, so until you get that you have time to keep trying. My 5950x will be sitting in it's box for months, possibly into next year until I can get a gpu.

I have all parts minus CPU and GPU. It is a non gaming PC, the plan was to get RTX3090 and 5950X for my 3d productivity work. For now, I do have a Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1660 OC (6GB). So technically I am not without a card but the card that I have is not good for 3d rendering, but it is ok for general work.
Yeah, maybe I should get 5800x and later hopefully get RTX3090x and 5950X whenever it becomes available. Btw here in Central Europe, 5800x and 5600x are available by the bucket load. For example my local online shop has had more than 200+ in stock for the last 5+ weeks.

I have all parts minus CPU and GPU. It is a non gaming PC, the plan was to get RTX3090 and 5950X for my 3d productivity work. For now, I do have a Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1660 OC (6GB). So technically I am not without a card but the card that I have is not good for 3d rendering, but it is ok for general work.
Yeah, maybe I should get 5800x and later hopefully get RTX3090x and 5950X whenever it becomes available. Btw here in Central Europe, 5800x and 5600x are available by the bucket load. For example my local online shop has had more than 200+ in stock for the last 5+ weeks.
Yeah those two cpus have been pretty available lately. You might consider the 5600x as well as a temporary solution, for a few reasons. It is more desirable due to the price to cores ratio, it has lower tdp, it comes with a cooler, and back on price its 300 vs 450 for just 2 cores so all things considered I think it has much higher resale opportunities.

I managed to order one 5950x that ended up being dateless. Not even sure if it had one when I ordered but it must have. Didn't notice anything to suggest otherwise. Odds are I cancel the order anyway

Yeah those two cpus have been pretty available lately. You might consider the 5600x as well as a temporary solution, for a few reasons. It is more desirable due to the price to cores ratio, it has lower tdp, it comes with a cooler, and back on price its 300 vs 450 for just 2 cores so all things considered I think it has much higher resale opportunities.

These are normal converted to USD prices in Europe for the CPUs-
5600X- $424
5800X-$512
5900X-$633 (unavailable)
5950X-$903 (unavailable)

One individual/scalper selling 5950X now for $1255 (sealed/unopened box).
If I buy 5600X and later 5950X = $1327 (assuming I can't resell the 5600x)

Let me see if I can bargain with the seller or maybe I should just screw the scalper and get 5600x/5800x NOW and get 5950x at the normal $903 price later.

Ok, just now ordered 5950X at retail price, the waiting list had gone from -76 to -19. They are getting daily supply of CPUs from AMD but which CPU and the quantity is never known. So a waiting game I guess. Patience :)

The 5950X is readily available in Poland, but it costs 4600 zł, which is about $1200.
One per customer.

Needless to say I bought a 3600 instead for just $230 and am quite happy.

I Lol'd

The 3600 literally HAS to do it for me :D
and it should be fine unless you're doing heavy CPU work. I am waiting it out. I got a 5950x because it was in stock (no delivery date) but I will likely cancel it. I've waited this long so I'm thinking I'll wait for ddr5 pci5 etc and just get a 8 core laptop instead for now.

If all turns out good then I will get my hands on a sealed unopened 5950x box for $900, in 3 days time. Local official price $850. I hope the seller does not back off.
3 year warranty I get with the invoice.

The back side of the box can't be opened without breaking those circle and dash tear marks, correct?

I'm about to have a spare 5950X to sell, for MSRP. I gave up on getting one and built other systems, then to get a 3090, I had to buy most of a gaming PC that was getting parted out :p Was going to sell it and the motherboard to a local friend, but that fell through :p

I'm about to have a spare 5950X to sell, for MSRP. I gave up on getting one and built other systems, then to get a 3090, I had to buy most of a gaming PC that was getting parted out :p Was going to sell it and the motherboard to a local friend, but that fell through :p
I am in Europe otherwise I would have. Plus I have a deal with someone, and I am meeting them for exchange of CPU/cash soon.
If the box is sealed, and I am covered with 3-year warranty from the original shop (checked with them already), I should not worry, correct?

Machine all ready! I bought the boxed/sealed 5950x from a private buyer for 900. Same day they became more readily available from one local retailer for 850, 3 months no availability and then on the day I buy, it becomes available lol Glad though that I did not go for 5800x and waited.

My local MicroCenter has 5950x and 5900x in stock (25+) almost weekly now... glad I got mine for $799 a few weeks ago though, just this week MC raised the price on the 5950x to $899 and the 5900x to $699! Yikes.

A guy bought 50, then bought another 50 a few minutes later from the above eBay seller (antonline). Wow.
1620349823803.png

Untitled.jpg

Looks like Amazon was using their Woot to get in on some scalping action, it changed after a few hours.

Last edited:
Back