Zen 3 Launch Availability

When will it be possible to buy a Zen 3 cpu without using a bot or paying Scalper rates?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Graphics cards were gone instantly. Good to see them getting larger orders for CPU's though. This is how to get past scalpers, send to brick and mortar.
Speaking of getting past scalpers, I noticed they had that Sapphire Nitro+ 6800 priced at $879. I couldn't find an MSRP, but Guru3D had it listed at $629-$679 I think it was. +$200 Markup. That'll slow em' down!

Graphics cards were gone instantly. Good to see them getting larger orders for CPU's though. This is how to get past scalpers, send to brick and mortar.
Honestly I don't scalpers are hitting my MC much anymore. The line go bigger near store opening but I didn't get scalper vibes from the people I was lined up with at the front of the line. They all seem legit techy guys. Was the same earlier this month when I got my 3080. I doubt people farther down the line were scalpers since I would expect them to come way earlier. That is my impression at my Parkville MC at least.

Well that is a first. My MC didn't sell out all the 5600x and 5800x yesterday's they got. Still a lot of stock of both for this morning. So ether there was a HUGE drop yesterday those two sky are not selling that fast anymore. Still very little to no 5900x.

Same here unless your MC is Sharonville OH also.

As of this AM:

4 5600x
4 5950x
25+ 5800x

Showing 25+ of the 5600X and 5800X still this morning for the Microcenter in Madison Heights (Detroit, MI). They had a bunch yesterday of everything.

You guys should pick these up and sell on the forums for people who don’t have a MC next to them.
I believe Microcenter only allows one purchase every 30 days or something, so that isn't going to work too well. Mine's an hour out but I will likely be heading there Saturday, though the Cambridge one has usually been picked clean very regularly.

I believe Microcenter only allows one purchase every 30 days or something, so that isn't going to work too well. Mine's an hour out but I will likely be heading there Saturday, though the Cambridge one has usually been picked clean very regularly.
Depends on the MC. Mine doesn't enforce it.

So we're in 2+ days of 25+ each of the 5600X and 5800X in the Detroit area MC. Looks like they got a 5950X in today as well. Wonder if their numbers are accurate. Wish they'd ship. :/

The MC about an 1 hr, 15 minutes from me in St. David's PA (outside Philadelphia) shows 3 5600x in stock and 25 5800x in stock.

I've been able to get a 5800x for awhile, but couldn't pull the trigger on spending 480 for it. The unicorn 5900x has been nigh impossible to even see in stock online. Even with discord running i'm lucky if I even see the thing. After all this I've decided on waiting for ddr5 platforms. My poor tired 3900x :ROFLMAO: will have to suffice until then.

Last edited:
I plan on chucking a 5600x on my Gigabyte B450 itx board- just updated the bios for it last night and all seems good. The 5600x and 5900x seem to be the sweet spots for price/performance in the stack right now. As the GPU shortage drags on I am less inclined to do much with my stuff for now.

25+ 5600x and 25+ 5800x in MC here so maybe this weekend I'll get that 5600x.

I've been able to get a 5800x for awhile, but couldn't pull the trigger on spending 480 for it. The unicorn 5900x has been nigh impossible to even see in stock online. Even with discord running i'm lucky if I even see the thing. After all this I've decided on waiting for ddr5 platforms. My poor tired 3900x :ROFLMAO: will have to suffice until then.
I've been thinking the same since the 5900x availability continues to be a joke months in.

The problem is

1) DDR5 platforms are best case a year away
2) Do i really want to be on gen1 of an architecturally new AMD chipset? :eek:

I've been thinking the same since the 5900x availability continues to be a joke months in.

The problem is

1) DDR5 platforms are best case a year away
2) Do i really want to be on gen1 of an architecturally new AMD chipset? :eek:

I thought of that as well. Ultimately, while the 3900x isn't the greatest gaming cpu, it's still decent. *besides until my 3080 gets here I am totally gpu limited* lol

So we're in 2+ days of 25+ each of the 5600X and 5800X in the Detroit area MC. Looks like they got a 5950X in today as well. Wonder if their numbers are accurate. Wish they'd ship. :/
Bots would be then buying them up if they shipped.

Was able to place an order on BLT for a 5900X just now. Not sure if they are in stock or not but if I have to wait that's fine, not in a hurry anymore. They tell you to check back in a day for order status.

sam

Was able to place an order on BLT for a 5900X just now. Not sure if they are in stock or not but if I have to wait that's fine, not in a hurry anymore. They tell you to check back in a day for order status.

sam

is this the site shopblt.com? is this site legit? I've never heard of them before

sam
Earliest ETA is 1/29/2021 on this page.
is this the site shopblt.com? is this site legit? I've never heard of them before
Never heard of them either. I don't get that. I've been on the internet since it went "public", they've been around since before that?

Earliest ETA is 1/29/2021 on this page.

Never heard of them either. I don't get that. I've been on the internet since it went "public", they've been around since before that?

Just got an email from them saying they expect to receive a shipment of AMD CPUs on 1/29. Not etched in stone but again I had figured I wouldn't get one until spring anyway.

sam

When BLT is out of stock a/o no eta on a product, you can't order/pre-order. With the latest AMD CPUs and both AMD & Nvidia GPUs, if they are OOS and no eta on a shipment, they would have a notice on the main page saying you can't order them and you won't find them listed on their site.
As of this morning that notice is NOT up so one could still order one.

sam

Well this is terrifying...MSRP price hike incoming? Really shady freakin' marketing at the least.
pricehike.JPG

Snagged a 5600x mispriced at $49. Postal tracking confirms it is on the way.
I have spent zero seconds looking for a cpu since launch.

Patience wins again.

coynatha

I bought one of the last 5600x cpus at Microcenter Sharonville yesterday. The retail box had a price tag of $449. 👎

Well, that would take care of some scalping I think. It will also kill my plans to upgrade my 2700x to a 5950.

Back