Zen 3 Launch Availability

When will it be possible to buy a Zen 3 cpu without using a bot or paying Scalper rates?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Am I going to get my 5950x in the next 2 hours and 20 mins or am I going to have to wait till Friday?
03FEC9C1-250D-400F-BFE9-3140A2EC5F85.jpeg

Hope you get it today! My 5900x was delivered earlier today from them. Everything went smooth. Right out of the box a few cores hitting 4942Mhz after playing Warzone and Cold War. I saw a huge FPS boost there. I sit at 117Hz (capped to 117FPS) when before in WZ I was hovering around 80-90. Even at 1440p ultrawide I was seeing a bottleneck on a 2600x.

5800x really seems to be sweet spot for amd. Looks like they are able to pump them out quick. While building inventory on the glued dies lol.

Maybe their yields are good enough that the full 8 core dies are most abundant

Maybe their yields are good enough that the full 8 core dies are most abundant

This is exactly it and what I have been saying. I think they are just making as many 5800x as they can and selling every single one. Best way to make money at this point. I think we might see bunch of 5950x's next month as well. Likely takes longer to put them together because of the yields. But 5800x probably makes them lot of profit still with how easy it is to get out with single die. That makes me think we will see 5600x and 5900x longer down the road when it comes to availability if the yields are that great on 8 core die which means less bad dies to build up 5600x and 5900x.

oh my 5800x already shipped lol. I literally waited 3 hours to get one and it was still there haha. if I se 5950x i can't promise I won't buy that lol.

I think you’re a little off with the 5800x. Yes I bet it makes amd a good margin ($450!!). But they aren’t using the good 8 core ccds. All of the good 8 core ccds are going to 5950xs and servers. All of the “poor” 8 core ccds are in the 5800x. Look at the watts of the CPUs. The 5950x and the 5800x are the same 105 watts, but the 5950x has two ccds. Also the 5950x runs at higher clocks.

Drove an hour again today in to Micro Center, waited and got in line to get a cpu. All they got was a shipment of 5800xs. That is the one cpu from the lineup I will not buy, really looking for a 5900x or 5600x for the server. The 5800x should be $375 msrp, maybe 400 max, to scale properly with the rest of the lineup. I turned away my shot at the 5800x stock and drove home. Might try again on Friday morning, not the best use of my vacation days but it's my only shot without bots.

Drove an hour again today in to Micro Center, waited and got in line to get a cpu. All they got was a shipment of 5800xs. That is the one cpu from the lineup I will not buy, really looking for a 5900x or 5600x for the server. The 5800x should be $375 msrp, maybe 400 max, to scale properly with the rest of the lineup. I turned away my shot at the 5800x stock and drove home. Might try again on Friday morning, not the best use of my vacation days but it's my only shot without bots.
5800xs have been dropping quite often.. staying in stock for a few minutes at a time on newegg. Use distill web monitor in chrome for newegg if you have not tried that yet, set timer on a range of ~6 to 13 seconds.

Yah, I do see a lot more 5800x sitting. Still a good CPU just not the best value CPU out of the line up.

Anyone got alerts for the 5950x just now from Amazon?
I was trying from 3 devices and no luck to complete the purchase :/

5950x was just on Amazon. I was actually at the computer when it triggered and I still couldn't get it in my cart, or on the phone app. :(

You have to use an app. I tried for a few days on the pc and it just wouldn’t add to card. On my iPhone using the Amazon app I was able to order the cpu. I assume you’re using a pc web browser?

You have to use an app. I tried for a few days on the pc and it just wouldn’t add to card. On my iPhone using the Amazon app I was able to order the cpu. I assume you’re using a pc web browser?
I used 3 devices,..my PC with the regular browser, phone with the amazon app, and a bot on my laptop for good measure. I am that desperate :D

Asus dark hero, where art thou??? For i have a 5950x waiting to grace your majestic socket:
DC3AB030-37CA-4634-95F8-B8E1FAA7912C.png

Sorry to hear that. What a pita. In retrospect, would've been better to just sit at home and take your chances camping discord.

My 5950x order on amazon was placed on 11-20, as of this AM still says arriving Wednesday.

Giving up, went to micro center for the last vacation day I had and they didn't get a shipment today. I'll run the 1700x into the ground, all excitement has been drained from me.
I gave up on trying to buy a 5950x. Bought a 5600x instead from a fellow [H] member off forum‘s For Sale area. Will hold me until I can buy a 5950x sometime 1st Qtr next year.

Local Microcenter finally showing 25+ 5800x but no 5600x/ 5950x and only 2 5900x. Tempted to roll up there on lunch to pick up a 5800x but on Black Friday I probably wouldn't be able to check out in an hour if any are left by then. Good to see some numbers though.

I gave up on trying to buy a 5950x. Bought a 5600x instead from a fellow [H] member off forum‘s For Sale area. Will hold me until I can buy a 5950x sometime 1st Qtr next year.
How do you guys make the exchange? I know I'm trustworthy but I don't know anything about the rest of you scoundrels. If I ever get a 5950x, I'd like to sell the 5600x but I feel like I'd have to do it on eBay. Which disgusts me with their and PayPal's 30% cut or whatever it is.

Last edited:
I’ve sold and bought items on here. I’ve always had a good experiences. That said, I don’t think I’ve bought or sold anything over $200.

Paypal takes their cut and Ebay takes some also so I don't use Ebay first generally. FS/FT forum here has always been good to me. Payment can be Paypal, Venmo and whatever is agreed. Saves the Ebay fees at least and folks here can provide references like Heatware, Ebay sales even.

Paypal takes their cut and Ebay takes some also so I don't use Ebay first generally. FS/FT forum here has always been good to me. Payment can be Paypal, Venmo and whatever is agreed. Saves the Ebay fees at least and folks here can provide references like Heatware, Ebay sales even.
That is what I meant by the 30-ish percent. I think PayPal and eBay and shipping together take close to that and most people have gotten used to the final price including shipping. Whenever I list something I say shipping is not included and it says that elsewhere when you create the listing but people are still upset when they realize after the fact that they have to pay for shipping. Shipping has gotten crazy expensive for the average Joe, Amazon and companies like that pay next to nothing whereas I walk into the UPS store and want to ship something it's always like $15 to $20.

I usually try on craigslist for a few weeks but there's just not many people in my area that want old electronics. Then there are the folks that want to know if you can bring it to them.

Using PayPal or Venmo or something's fine but it's always who does what first? Like they'll send a PayPal payment after they've got it and put it into their computer and seen that it works, which is the other difficult part about selling old electronics. Something like the CPU, it totally worked before I took it out but there's any number of things that could happen to it before it's put into a new motherboard correctly and seen working. That's the one thing I liked about craigslist a few times I've sold an old computer and I just wipe everything and put a clean install of Windows on it and can show them that it works when they come to get it. Now though, you've got COVID to deal with on top of everything else.

F this Amazon guy:

AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 16-core, 32-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor Without Cooler​

16 ratings

1 other option
sorted by price + delivery: low to high
Filter

New​

$1,300.00$1,300.00

& FREE Shipping
Arrives: Dec 3 - 8
Fastest delivery: Wednesday, Dec 2
Add to Cartfrom seller Matthew Szelest and price $1,300.00

Ships from
Matthew Szelest
Sold by
Matthew Szelest

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
F this guy:

16 ratings

1 other option
sorted by price + delivery: low to high
Filter

New​

$1,300.00$1,300.00

& FREE Shipping
Arrives: Dec 3 - 8
Fastest delivery: Wednesday, Dec 2
Add to Cartfrom seller Matthew Szelest and price $1,300.00

Ships from
Matthew Szelest
Sold by
Matthew Szelest
For real..

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Obvious reseller is obvious. Same with the radeon listings on amazon for the last sennight for $1300 non XT 6800. I'm not paying more than MSRP for something newly released and still in production. If I had extra money and it was a half century or older collectable I wanted I could get past rationale with emotion, but who gives into FOMO with electronics new to the market less than one month?

I had other gifts to buy today, the day after worshipping of the Turkey. 🦃 My hunt for a CPU continues, but I am sated on turkey, and shall partake not of those on amazon nor ebay, for those fowl are most foul.

My "finder's fee" limit is +100 over retail. I'm impatient enough to be willing to pay that over retail (not including taxes or paypal or other fees) but that's it. I'm all about paying a bit extra for those willing to sit in line or make the drive out to check inventory for a 5950x or 6900xt (or the 3090 I bought off of an [H] member) - that's for convenience. But trying to get x times the original price? They are just as bad as those knuckleheads who used to / still do that to concert tickets.

Just say no.

F this Amazon guy:

16 ratings
Yeah this triggered my alert too. :( His listing is gone ... so someone either fell for it and bought it or Amazon nixed it.

I've had enough of this game. NewEgg has the 3950X on 'shell shocker' today for $659.99. That works in my existing B450 board. No questionable "beta BIOS" updates, no $300 for another board, no more trying to add non existent items to my cart.

$140 less than 5950X, so I think I came out even or maybe even ahead. And I'll have the new proc next week.

So I bought it and will sell my 2700X. I guess I'll be skipping zen 3 altogether and my next upgrade will be zen 4 and DDR5. (or maybe I have my zens mixed up and it's skipping 4 and going to 5)

Last edited:
My "finder's fee" limit is +100 over retail. I'm impatient enough to be willing to pay that over retail (not including taxes or paypal or other fees) but that's it. I'm all about paying a bit extra for those willing to sit in line or make the drive out to check inventory for a 5950x or 6900xt (or the 3090 I bought off of an [H] member) - that's for convenience. But trying to get x times the original price? They are just as bad as those knuckleheads who used to / still do that to concert tickets.

Just say no.

I’m exactly the same way - I’ll pay a finder‘s fee of $100 for a 5950x or maybe a 5900x but no more. Otherwise I’ll wait and the scalpers can eat their inventory.

I saw a guy in the FS forum here trying to sell a 5900x for $750 and I just shook my head.

These things in a few months will be everywhere , no reason to fuel people scalping these cards. If people keep feeding these scalpers this will be come normal. Honestly all the new stuff comming is great , but its not worth paying more than msrp.

Back