Zen 3 Launch Availability

When will it be possible to buy a Zen 3 cpu without using a bot or paying Scalper rates?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It is kinda bs newegg is only selling these in combos.. they obviously just received a large shipment, could of at least put half of them as cpu only. Gamestop doing the same thing with consoles.

It is kinda bs newegg is only selling these in combos.. they obviously just received a large shipment, could of at least put half of them as cpu only. Gamestop doing the same thing with consoles.
wonder if that helps with freaking scalpers...

Just grabbed one of these combo's as a friend wants me to build a system for him with my 3800 and he has no motherboard so SCORE for me...

not at all.. up till now all 3000 series cards and ryzen chips have insta sold out still.
That don't mean it don't help. The 5800x has been there for the longest time today. I have a 5600x and (even though there is no reason to get one) I'm waiting on a 5950x and again there were not many of them and lots of people want them. I think there are better ways as this is how I got my RTX 3080 and I don't like having to ship the RAM back that I don't want but I have a card. I'd rather they set up accounts with long standing customers and let us place a back order and call or text when one is in stock.

I'm upgrading my 9 year old PC and was really liking the Ryzen 5000 and RTX 3000 as they have nice bumps in performance.

It sucks that everyone cant just get one on release but people can wait. Just try and forget about it for a month or two and dial in what all you want on your system.

You can always say a few words to debate and present your arguments. Zen 3 is selling out fast but it does come in and out of stock frequently. By next month I do expect people who look often to be able to get it. I will be off next week so I will be extra vigilant.

He was 100% wrong about Ampere restock. I don't really have much faith in his stock predictions at this point.

That said, I hope you're right and everyone gets the cards they want.

Crazy that the 5800x is still available since 3PMish or whenever I posted the first link. Hope those that wanted it are able to get it to finish their builds.

I almost bit. I just need the CPU and have an order in on amazon for early december. Thing is, I don't need the motherboard and I don't need a disc drive. If I had someone who would buy one of those off me right away, and I could keep the CPU, I'd probably go ahead.

I almost bit. I just need the CPU and have an order in on amazon for early december. Thing is, I don't need the motherboard and I don't need a disc drive. If I had someone who would buy one of those off me right away, and I could keep the CPU, I'd probably go ahead.
Wait, you don't have to keep the combo items. You can return it and just pay for the label back to them. I did it a couple of times.

Regarding 5800x, one clarification, it's actually a fantastic chip, just not a great value when compared to the 5600x or 5900x

the 5600x has 2 bad / disabled dies
the 5900x is just 2 of those attached via chiplet

if you need more than 8 cores, the 5900x makes sense, if you don't the 5800x should be faster.
The issue really is the value of the 5800x, it costs 50% more than a 5600x for 33% more cores, and costs 33% less than a 5900x which has 50% more cores.

I'm running the 5800x right now and it's pretty good, can't complain. Fortunately lucked out on the 5900x after striking out during release so have to side grade.

I almost bought one of the 5800 combos... if it were a 5950 combo, or if one of the combo items was a hero dark, I would have pulled the trigger. Hopefully this means more 5950s soon

I almost bought one of the 5800 combos... if it were a 5950 combo, or if one of the combo items was a hero dark, I would have pulled the trigger. Hopefully this means more 5950s soon
big drops like this from amazon yesterday and newegg today of 5800xs seems to say a lot of failures making 59x0x's

I was surprised too see them in stock for a while lol. This is a positive. I hope bunch of 5900x and 5950x drop soon. AMD had some on their site yesterday couldn't win it though lol.

big drops like this from amazon yesterday and newegg today of 5800xs seems to say a lot of failures making 59x0x's

I am not really sure about failures. You fail to realize 5800x is just one CCX so it still takes all good 8 dies. 5950x is 2 good 8 core CCX. Its almost if the yields are too good and 5800x is just easier to pump out while they build some inventory on the 5900x and 5950x. Now may be 5900x and 5950x take little more binning for boost clocks but I just the 5800x are easier to pump out and they probably expect to sell them the most. its not like 5800x has 16 cores in it with 8 failed cores, its just one chip.

I am not really sure about failures. You fail to realize 5800x is just one CCX so it still takes all good 8 dies. 5950x is 2 good 8 core CCX. Its almost if the yields are too good and 5800x is just easier to pump out while they build some inventory on the 5900x and 5950x. Now may be 5900x and 5950x take little more binning for boost clocks but I just the 5800x are easier to pump out and they probably expect to sell them the most. its not like 5800x has 16 cores in it with 8 failed cores, its just one chip.
Yeah could be.. but then why no 5900 or 5950x drops? Almost nothing since launch.. thinking they are not binning well enough to make them maybe.

Yeah could be.. but then why no 5900 or 5950x drops? Almost nothing since launch.. thinking they are not binning well enough to make them maybe.

Actually if you have notifications. Amazon has had a few restocks and amd as well. I am just too damn busy to check everytime. but i have had bunch of notifications that I have missed lol. I am off next week so may be I will snag one.

Like I said its probably easier to produce instead of having to slap two dies. Those probably take bit longer and not as frequent.

AMDs site just went do for me. Started when I checked stock on 5900x lol. wouldn't let me go to that page and then the whole site won't load now haha.
5900x page has not loaded for me for hours, not sure when it first went down, 5950x page works still.

Just spent almost a month trying to get a EVGA 3090 ultra. I persevered and was able to get my que number called and got it last week. I have spent maybe 3 hours testing and gaming...WHY??? Because now I F5 and scour the webz for a GOD D*** Ryzen CPU like an IDIOT!!!! Lord help me.....when's the last time u guys f5'd Newegg and AMD.....damn

5900x page has not loaded for me for hours, not sure when it first went down, 5950x page works still.
I deleted my post because I had to fix it. It wasn't the whole page just 5900x. Chrome just stopped loading the amd site for me but then I tried internet explorer and amd site worked and 5900x didn't. I am wondering if amd is blocking me after I refresh so many times lol. Now amd page wont load in IE either. haha

Yep going with what they are going to sell the most of, 5800x

I deleted my post because I had to fix it. It wasn't the whole page just 5900x. Chrome just stopped loading the amd site for me but then I tried internet explorer and amd site worked and 5900x didn't. I am wondering if amd is blocking me after I refresh so many times lol. Now amd page wont load in IE either. haha
lol that is odd, all the amd pages work for me but the 5900x.. I have distill going refreshing 5900 and 5950x every 10-15 seconds also (well have 5900x turned off atm).

Same thing happened on the 3k release. Short on 3900 and 3950s for the first couple months, they are coming.

The margin for the 5800 is also better as I'm sure AMD is needing it right now with all they've invested in their product cycle this time around.

Reactions: NKD
like this
Amazon showing as unavailable again. A few days ago that page showed a price for me but whenever I tried adding it to cart, or even using direct buy it would return an error saying OOPS there is nothing in your cart! Wrong amazon, there is something in that cart, my ire. :mad:

Newegg combos seem to have been bought up as well. Thanks everyone for links/updates, much appreciated. (y)

Last edited:
You have a few available in europe, on the black market.. from $700 to $900 .. depending of the seller...
Not sure its a good idea to feed this market

Just got the 5900x. Got a 5950x order in too that i plan to give to a buddy for his new build:

E38DD6A2-CD77-459A-A65B-4461707F1DB8.png

Once again, I was able to add a 5900x to my cart in amazon and then it gets taken out on the billing page. :mad:

the 5800x is probably the best margins for profit, single chiplet, if they have good yields, they need to disable 2 cores to make the 5600x and 5900x, and also, the 5950x is going to sell less being so costly, and still, doesn't even sell for 2x the cost of the 5800x and requires double the chiplets and more stringent binning.

GS been doing it with console for ever. Some of the combos really make no sense either on NE. Packing a 750w PS with a 3090. Really? Or 3200mhz ram with ryzen 3.

god dammit. I was leaving the buy from AMD page open with the 5950X out of stock. I refreshed it, saw in stock, and purchased as quickly as possible. The damn page changed to the 3950 and I was in such a rush I didn't verify. And, of course, you can't cancel a damn order through AMD so I'll have to go through the process of refusing shipping.

Wait, you don't have to keep the combo items. You can return it and just pay for the label back to them. I did it a couple of times.

Yah, I just don't want to deal with the return process. Not that it's that big of a deal, but I have an order in with amazon for just the CPU and it is supposedly shipping around Dec 2nd. That's close enough that my cares are bottoming out as far as getting it any sooner. Just not that motivated.

god dammit. I was leaving the buy from AMD page open with the 5950X out of stock. I refreshed it, saw in stock, and purchased as quickly as possible. The damn page changed to the 3950 and I was in such a rush I didn't verify. And, of course, you can't cancel a damn order through AMD so I'll have to go through the process of refusing shipping.

That sucks man. What happens when you're in a huge hurry. Been there myself.

I'm hoping it's so they can have a bunch available during Black Friday week! :)

Back