Zen 3 Launch Availability

When will it be possible to buy a Zen 3 cpu without using a bot or paying Scalper rates?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Antonline orders are shipping too. Got a notification my 5900x is on the way, too early to tell the delivery date.

I will add my frustration with tigerdirect so others here will not have the same issue I did when ordering through them.

On November 16th when the page for the 5900x went live I placed an order successfully, the cpu was in my shopping cart and I paid through PayPal. Got email notification the thanking me for the order along with a copy of the receipt. Later that night (16th) I check status of my order and it changed from processing to "under review". So I called them the following morning and spoke to Ivan. He explained to me that my order was under review by management to verify my order wasn't a bot. Ivan told me that we can bypass this process by cancelling my online order and doing an over the phone order instead. I asked him if we cancel my online order and redo it over the phone if I will still hold my place in the order queue. He assured me that it will so I went ahead and did the order over the phone paid with my CC and then got email receipt. He said they will get new chips in on the 15th of December and I will get one shipped out a few days after they get them in.

Fast forward to this morning the 18th, I get another email that has a copy of my invoice sent directly from Ivan that shows two difference shipping status. One showing "waiting to ship", shown on the top and on the bottom "discontinued". Confused, I email Ivan who has since never email me back with an answer. I then called their customer service line and got a different representative, I gave him my order number and asked him whats up with the different shipment status that I'm seeing on my invoice. He then put me on hold to supposedly chat with Ivan, after a few minutes he tells me he apologizes but my order was cancelled because the part is discontinued. I told them thats not true because they were just released to the public earlier this month. He then goes on to say hes sorry and I will get a refund. I told him it would have been nice to receive some type of clear notification that my order was canceled and that its bad customer service on their part how they handled my order with lies. I also asked him what will the company as a whole do to me as they screwed over one of their customers. He then said he will check with a manager and instead of putting me on hold, he hung up on me.

All I can say now is FUCK you tigerdirect I won't ever order anything from them and I encourage all of you to do the same. If you have placed an order with them for a new AMD chip or any other item, cancel your order now.

I will add my frustration with tigerdirect so others here will not have the same issue I did when ordering through them.

On November 16th when the page for the 5900x went live I placed an order successfully, the cpu was in my shopping cart and I paid through PayPal. Got email notification the thanking me for the order along with a copy of the receipt. Later that night (16th) I check status of my order and it changed from processing to "under review". So I called them the following morning and spoke to Ivan. He explained to me that my order was under review by management to verify my order wasn't a bot. Ivan told me that we can bypass this process by cancelling my online order and doing an over the phone order instead. I asked him if we cancel my online order and redo it over the phone if I will still hold my place in the order queue. He assured me that it will so I went ahead and did the order over the phone paid with my CC and then got email receipt. He said they will get new chips in on the 15th of December and I will get one shipped out a few days after they get them in.

Fast forward to this morning the 18th, I get another email that has a copy of my invoice sent directly from Ivan that shows two difference shipping status. One showing "waiting to ship", shown on the top and on the bottom "discontinued". Confused, I email Ivan who has since never email me back with an answer. I then called their customer service line and got a different representative, I gave him my order number and asked him whats up with the different shipment status that I'm seeing on my invoice. He then put me on hold to supposedly chat with Ivan, after a few minutes he tells me he apologizes but my order was cancelled because the part is discontinued. I told them thats not true because they were just released to the public earlier this month. He then goes on to say hes sorry and I will get a refund. I told him it would have been nice to receive some type of clear notification that my order was canceled and that its bad customer service on their part how they handled my order with lies. I also asked him what will the company as a whole do to me as they screwed over one of their customers. He then said he will check with a manager and instead of putting me on hold, he hung up on me.

All I can say now is FUCK you tigerdirect I won't ever order anything from them and I encourage all of you to do the same. If you have placed an order with them for a new AMD chip or any other item, cancel your order now.
Got the same email this morning as well. Total bullshit

someone posted B&H shipped his 5600x. He never received email from B&H with estimated delivery (Dec 21 or 2021). Was anyone else lucky? I assume they got some 5600x, maybe 5800x stock. I don't think they got any stock wiht big boys 5900x/5950x.

someone posted B&H shipped his 5600x. He never received email from B&H with estimated delivery (Dec 21 or 2021). Was anyone else lucky? I assume they got some 5600x, maybe 5800x stock. I don't think they got any stock wiht big boys 5900x/5950x.

A couple people on a discord I’m on got 5950s shipped from BH. They were both in the first 5 minutes. No one from the discord has had a 5900 shipped from BH. Even people that never got the delay email that went out (myself included).

A couple people on a discord I’m on got 5950s shipped from BH. They were both in the first 5 minutes. No one from the discord has had a 5900 shipped from BH. Even people that never got the delay email that went out (myself included).
Dang it. I was 5 minutes too late then. Still no email or changes for my 5950x

Dang it. I was 5 minutes too late then. Still no email or changes for my 5950x
Hope you get it soon. I still have my BH preorder active but not going to hear anything until March. Likely going to cancel. I lucked out on the 5800x via Best Buy and was able to beat the bots on a Newegg restock.

A colleague of mine got notification that B&H shipped her 5600X today. She ordered the night before the launch, about 12 mins after ordering became available.

A colleague of mine got notification that B&H shipped her 5600X today. She ordered the night before the launch, about 12 mins after ordering became available.
This and the previous comment give me some hope since I was 10mins after it opened but for the less available (it seems) 5950x. :)
THanks for sharing that info!

As an update to my previous comment about BH preorders, a few people on the discord now had their 5900x orders ship. It seems like people that ordered in the first 5 minutes had theirs shipped yesterday.

I just cancelled my BH backorder for the 5900x. I placed the order at 6AM so I was all the way in the March time frame.

Is there anywhere I can backorder a 5950X?
IMHO, if you "watch" Amazon, you'll probably eventually find them on preorder "available as of <date>". However, if you're going to do that, I'd also watch NewEgg, as I think they'll be eventually making them available, but they won't be preorder. (That's what I'm doing.)

ive seen them on amazon a few times now where you can buy and it will ship on XX date. every i add it to the cart and it checkout the cart is empty.

Not really. MLID already has high level sources that confirmed there will be close to a million zen 3 chips shipped by end of Q4. it will ramp up hard by end of November. And between 100-200k RDNA 2 chips in Q4 and way more in Q1.
:ROFLMAO: :LOL: :ROFLMAO:

quote: ive seen them on amazon a few times now where you can buy and it will ship on XX date. every i add it to the cart and it checkout the cart is empty.
I haven't seen any on Amazon in days, and I've never seen any on NewEgg. That's refreshing every 60 seconds all day long. (5900 and 5950) I'm really hoping something shows up next week (Black Friday week) for those of us w/o bots to get!

quote: ive seen them on amazon a few times now where you can buy and it will ship on XX date. every i add it to the cart and it checkout the cart is empty.
I haven't seen any on Amazon in days, and I've never seen any on NewEgg. That's refreshing every 60 seconds all day long. (5900 and 5950) I'm really hoping something shows up next week (Black Friday week) for those of us w/o bots to get!

Newegg has gotten a couple of 5900 and 5950 restocks, but they went the scummy route and only sold them as part of bundles (ie force you to also buy some other crap item that they can’t sell otherwise).

Newegg has gotten a couple of 5900 and 5950 restocks, but they went the scummy route and only sold them as part of bundles (ie force you to also buy some other crap item that they can’t sell otherwise).
thats not always a bad thing. You can return the other item, but most scalpers wont want to deal with the hassle.

They’ve always sold out instantly, so it hasn’t stopped anyone.
As expected. But hopefully someone building a system instead of selling for profit. I can be patient a bit longer. Waiting for bestbuy to get some.

I check for those every so often, and I've never seen one. It's a hassle as NewEgg includes the 3000 series in the search results as well. :(

Nice. 👍. Hopefully some of you scored one. I almost went for a combo but I’m not looking for another atx mobo and would have to flip it.

you can return the combo part and forfeit the discount! Just pay the shipping fee. That’s what I did with my 5900x

20201119_182447.jpg

Well, it has begun.

They’ve always sold out instantly, so it hasn’t stopped anyone.

you can return the combo part and forfeit the discount! Just pay the shipping fee. That’s what I did with my 5900x
If you pay with paypal, paypal will pay return shipping too I guess, people in discord server were saying this, not sure how it works exactly.

If you pay with paypal, paypal will pay return shipping too I guess, people in discord server were saying this, not sure how it works exactly.

nice. Didn’t know that. The combo deals are legit for me. I got the 3080 and the 5900x because of these restock combo. I returned the psu that came with the 3080 and will be returning the board that came with the 5900x

Yeah they been in stock for some time now shockingly.. must of gotten a big shipment of them in.

You can always say a few words to debate and present your arguments. Zen 3 is selling out fast but it does come in and out of stock frequently. By next month I do expect people who look often to be able to get it. I will be off next week so I will be extra vigilant.

I ended up buying a 5800x off of someone for $540 because I didn't want to wait for one and go crazy checking my phone for notifications. Good luck to everyone else in here.
I'm going to install it today.

It was hard finding the 3900x as well when it came out, will get easier in a month or so.

I almost bowed to the pressure of just buying a 5800X instead of continuing to try for my preferred 5900X. I wish those would go ahead and sell out again to take away this temptation. :)

Back